Jeep shakes when i come to a complete stop. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Jeep shakes when i come to a complete stop.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 12-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
tk286

Jeep shakes when i come to a complete stop.

Hello all, I have a 2011 jeep grand Cherokee limited. All in all I am satisfied with my purchase, however recently when I stop at a stoplight or anywhere else with the car in drive it starts to shake. It feels like the shake is coming from under the jeep and like it might possibly stall although it has not yet. Has anyone encountered this problem or have any thoughts on how I can fix it. I have a 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty but have not had good encounters with my dealership I feel like they are always trying to take advantage of any situation and try to make a buck. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Happy Holidays
Ted

tk286 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

might want to try here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
nwiTJdave

Could be a number of things, however I would start by checking your brakes and rotors. If those look good, it could be a wheel bearing. Is it your front end or your back end?

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
AlTheKillerr

sounds like the rotors need to be turned or replaced
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
chowner
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk286 View Post
I have a 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty but have not had good encounters with my dealership I feel like they are always trying to take advantage of any situation and try to make a buck.
You need to find a different dealership. You need to get this taken care of or at least documented at a dealership ASAP.

I'd also get in contact with corporate and file a compliant against the dealer.

http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/index.html
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
chowner
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbuGrl View Post
might want to try here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/
Try here instead

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 03:43 AM   #7
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk286 View Post
Hello all, I have a 2011 jeep grand Cherokee limited. All in all I am satisfied with my purchase, however recently when I stop at a stoplight or anywhere else with the car in drive it starts to shake. It feels like the shake is coming from under the jeep and like it might possibly stall although it has not yet. Has anyone encountered this problem or have any thoughts on how I can fix it. I have a 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty but have not had good encounters with my dealership I feel like they are always trying to take advantage of any situation and try to make a buck. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Happy Holidays
Ted
Is it doing it as you come to a stop or while you are stopped ?
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.