Jeep on Pawn Stars - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Jeep on Pawn Stars

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #31
jjshbetz11
2000 XJ Cherokee 

shut up big hoss says the old man

jjshbetz11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #32
t-bird
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wasn't bad at all. But he ain't getting 15k plus like he wants for it.
Unread 09-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #33
nhlx38
1995 YJ Wrangler 

yeah from the look of the shop i thought it'd be all pimped out but it looked kinda cool
nhlx38 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #34
tclaremont
2014 JK Wrangler 

What? He didn't call in a buddy?

(I recorded the show, while I watch Feetball...)

He had a buick skylark a short while ago. No freakin way every he gets 15k like the show says. I just sold a 68 Cutlass in MUCH better shape and had a hard time getting 5k in todays economy.

He had a Bally pinball machine that they said he would get something like 4k. I sell them all the time and have a hard time getting 600 for a super nice one.

I know *nothing* about guns, so I cant comment on that part of his business, but have to assume his estimates are way out of line, too.

With that being said, I like the show. It is a lot better than that other, new Pawn show set in Detroit. Can't recall the name. Some cheezy name... Hard Core Pawn I think is the name.
Of course, the left side of the country might see things diferently.
-------------------------------------
tclaremont is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 11:07 PM   #35
1jack5
1999 TJ Wrangler 

But you do have to remember he is in Vegas and people make really stupid decisions money wise in Vegas.....
1jack5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 12:40 AM   #36
jumbojeepman
1976 CJ7 

I thought it looked hideous, especially for 7300. The paint looks like puke, and the star and flames are amateur hour looking. The dash didn't need replacement, only paint, and what they threw in some carpet and a windshield? IF they absolutely had to replace the dash, why not black diamond plate to match the rest of the Jeep instead of bright? The only part that looked OK were the bumpers, wheels and tires.

I'm definitely driving to Vegas to sell my CJ if that's what they are going for out there, though!
jumbojeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 05:05 AM   #37
ecaps

For the record, I didn't care for how it turned out. I didn't like the star & tribal designs on the hood, the paint was not an OD green, nor did I care for the aftermarket autometer gauges in the custom dash. You could pretty much tell that shop was geared more towards customs, hot-rods, etc. I will give the builder some credit in that he possibly showed some restraint - Initially, I thought it was going to be worse.

Custom windsheild hinges, think it would've been easier just to buy a pair from an aftermarket company???

Stays crunchy ......even in milk
ecaps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 05:58 AM   #38
bobjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaremont View Post
What? He didn't call in a buddy?

(I recorded the show, while I watch Feetball...)

He had a buick skylark a short while ago. No freakin way every he gets 15k like the show says. I just sold a 68 Cutlass in MUCH better shape and had a hard time getting 5k in todays economy.

He had a Bally pinball machine that they said he would get something like 4k. I sell them all the time and have a hard time getting 600 for a super nice one.

I know *nothing* about guns, so I cant comment on that part of his business, but have to assume his estimates are way out of line, too.

With that being said, I like the show. It is a lot better than that other, new Pawn show set in Detroit. Can't recall the name. Some cheezy name... Hard Core Pawn I think is the name.
Of course, the left side of the country might see things diferently.
I agree on that Skylark. I would be surprised if he got more than $5,000 for it. I like when they popped the hood and everyone got excited. All it had was a chrome air cleaner.
Unread 09-21-2010, 06:31 AM   #39
Dogbones
2006 TJ Wrangler 

could someone find or post the finished product? I fell asleep during the show but saw that it was white fiberglass 73' cj, pretty decent looking in the beginning but thought the lights on the back looked wrong?
Dogbones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #40
Orvis97
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbojeepman View Post
I thought it looked hideous, especially for 7300. The paint looks like puke, and the star and flames are amateur hour looking. The dash didn't need replacement, only paint, and what they threw in some carpet and a windshield? IF they absolutely had to replace the dash, why not black diamond plate to match the rest of the Jeep instead of bright? The only part that looked OK were the bumpers, wheels and tires.

I'm definitely driving to Vegas to sell my CJ if that's what they are going for out there, though!
I totally agree, the finished product was a total disappointment. Honestly if they are going to spend that kind of money on a CJ they could at least put a top on it and add air conditioning. I do agree that it was nice that it was not totally riced out, however the green was disgusting and the graphics looked terrible.
2010 JK Unlimited - stock - Wife's Ride! - SOLD
1997 Grand Cherokee Orvis V8 ------ 2.25" BB - SOLD!
Orvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #41
GIJOEBILL
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know...$15,000 for fiberglass tub with no top of any kind. It came across more of toy than a rebuilt CJ. Was not fond of the color of grahics.
GIJOEBILL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #42
RedJeepXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJOEBILL View Post
I don't know...$15,000 for fiberglass tub with no top of any kind. It came across more of toy than a rebuilt CJ. Was not fond of the color of grahics.
out in vegas you don't really need a top for the vast majority of the year
RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #43
5.7YJ

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Color was awfull, what happened to od green? Color looked like an olive out of a martini! There is no way he's getting $15,000 for that!
5.7YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #44
GIJOEBILL
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
out in vegas you don't really need a top for the vast majority of the year
Yeah but that kind of money you better at least throw in a bikini top.
GIJOEBILL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #45
t-bird
1998 TJ Wrangler 

the guy did say he wasn't a jeep guy. i think he did a good job for knowing not a whole lot about jeeps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.