Jeep on Pawn Stars - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Jeep on Pawn Stars

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 09-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
GIJOEBILL
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep on Pawn Stars

Pawn Stars tonight at 10:00.
A 1973 CJ
It will be interesting to see what the fellas offer for a Jeep.

GIJOEBILL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

30% of what it's worth (and half of what he could get ANYHWERE else), the seller will him and haw for 3 seconds, and take it.

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
1jack5
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I love that show, but like Hoss said, they will offer him $2 grand on it and the seller will squirm and shake his head for a little bit and then say "ok, I dont like it but I need the money.." haha
1jack5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
cack-
1999 TJ Wrangler 

the one thing i don't get about the show (probably because it's staged) but why the hell would someone with a car, motorcycle, boat.. etc etc go to a pawn shop, and not somewhere that would have some interest in that item.

with all the crazy stuff people bring in, i'm waiting till someone wants to pawn their house or something.
cack- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
spartan717

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack- View Post
the one thing i don't get about the show (probably because it's staged) but why the hell would someone with a car, motorcycle, boat.. etc etc go to a pawn shop, and not somewhere that would have some interest in that item.

with all the crazy stuff people bring in, i'm waiting till someone wants to pawn their house or something.
Las Vegas. People want money and want it now. Car lot might take a day to make that decision.
-Why are you still reading this?
spartan717 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #6
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

because they want to be on TV of course! seriously, some of the stuff on there could just be taken to an auction or something and the seller could get six times what the pawn shop would give him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
Indy

Never underestimate the power of stupid. Throw a camera on it and it's like giving popeye spinach, super-stupid.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
GIJOEBILL
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Who knows. I have also seen folks walk away. No thanks see ya.
Those deals aren't as scripted. Seller won't wanna get hosed.
If it is a true Jeeper,he may have a pile invested in MODs and won't take a hit.

Then again a true Jeeper may say "I have pile invested and I don't care if I take a hit". "I will buy a JK later".
GIJOEBILL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #9
SloppyJoseph
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Im going to call it right here:

Rick: "So are you looking to pawn or sell?"

Customer: "I'm looking to sell it for the right price"

Rick: "How much are you looking to get?"

Customer: "$5,000"

Rick " Pshhhh, you're way off, You know I have a business to run. And there aren't a lot of people that come looking for a jeep at a pawn shop. I could go $1200 but that's about it."

Customer: "F off."

[FONT="Arial"]SkyJacker 4" lift, 32" BFG M/T's, Smittybilt Rocker guards, XRC Front bumper, XRC 8 Winch and bikini top, KC Fogs and Warn Driving lights, M.O.R.E. 5/8" Boom Shackles, Rugged Ridge HD Steering, Rhino Lined, SkyJacker Hydro Shocks and Steering Stablizer, Bestop Seats, MCE Front Fenders [/FONT]
SloppyJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
SloppyJoseph
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJOEBILL View Post
Then again a true Jeeper may say "I have pile invested and I don't care if I take a hit". "I will buy a YJ later".
Fixed

[FONT="Arial"]SkyJacker 4" lift, 32" BFG M/T's, Smittybilt Rocker guards, XRC Front bumper, XRC 8 Winch and bikini top, KC Fogs and Warn Driving lights, M.O.R.E. 5/8" Boom Shackles, Rugged Ridge HD Steering, Rhino Lined, SkyJacker Hydro Shocks and Steering Stablizer, Bestop Seats, MCE Front Fenders [/FONT]
SloppyJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #11
UrbanGator
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I don't get why people would go through a middleman. Haven't they heard of craigslist?
UrbanGator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #12
bumzo1
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanGator View Post
I don't get why people would go through a middleman. Haven't they heard of craigslist?
I agree! I just sold an iPhone to a guy in Nigeria, he gave me double what its worth I'm actually about to stick it in the mail box.
Khaki WK Club Member #1
bumzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #13
RedJeepXJ

Quote:

often those cars are older cars that most dealerships won't just give an offer on, or that much of an offer since they won't put it on the lot because it's too unique or needs a bit of work and can't be turned around quickly
RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #14
jeepinvader
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I couldn't work in the pawn business. I'd buy so much cool stuff, and then want to keep it for myself.
Unread 09-20-2010, 08:57 PM   #15
That1guy
2007 WK 

They do low ball, but honestly. Why would they buy it at retail if they are going to turn around and sell it? Plus a lot of those guys are asking on the high side of stuff and the point of a pawn shop is quick cash. Yeah you could ebay it, but then you have to wait till someone bought it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.