Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

jeep love????

2K views 41 replies 25 participants last post by  mikeldavis 
#1 · (Edited)
F

#2 ·
Its actually already done, and its called the Jeep wave.

#3 ·
I had an idea for a little box in the kitchen that will drastically cut down cooking times. Using my oven one day recently for hours made me think "there must be a better way."

I conceived this idea whereby food could possibly be cooked using microwave radiation to heat polarized molecules within the food.

Hey! I could call it a MICROWAVE, I thought to myself.

I am in the process of applying for a patent.

We should do that "wave" that you write of.

#8 ·
Hey guys and gals, I think and feel that we should start waving at eachother when we pass, u know kind of like how motorcycleist do. It just one more little thing that seperates us from the rest of the world, just alil aknowlagement to ur fellow brother or sister of our lil off road family.
Just because you are able to be given, purchase, or somehow manage to acquire a vehicle that sorta resembles the one I own, does not make us kin, brethren, kindred spirits, or any term of endearment that would solicit a wave or even an acknowledgement by me of your existence.

With rare exception, the vast majority of Jeeps in this part of the world are driven by folks who never will go offroad and only use them for transportation because their daddy thought it was cute to buy his kid a Jeep.

If I do wave, it's because your exhibition of exemplary driving skills while texting, talking on the phone or yakking with your passengers has caught my attention and then it's not so much a wave as a salute of sorts. :rofl:

#23 ·
Thanks for reminding me of the precise moment in time when I developed my current attitude about waving.

A very well known web presence was driving his TJ through Dana Point one day and I happened to be headed the same direction. I recognized his rig, wayoflife derived license plate and attempted to catch his attention. When I finally caught up to him and proferred an enthusiastic howdy do, he snuck a sideways glance at the stock 04 I was in, looked back straight ahead and proceeded to ignore me.

I've not waved at another Jeep since then and won't.

#14 ·
Is the wave only between wranglers? I mean can the 'other' jeep models be included as well? You know, the liberty, compass, commander, cherokee... I know they are made by Jeep. But are they Considered "Jeeps" by the enthusiasts and also receive the honor of getting the prestigious wave? I just want to know if I shall include them or turn my nose up and keep driving.

#17 ·
Wait, you want me to wave? I'm already textin, surfin the web, updating my facebook, shifting gears, fighting death wobble, and trying to hold my beer and you want me to ****ing wave?!?!?!? Are you tryin to get me killed?

#18 ·
jeepdavetj said:
Wait, you want me to wave? I'm already textin, surfint the web, updating my facebook, shifting gears, fighting death wobble, and trying to hold my beer and you want me to ****ing wave?!?!?!? Are you tryin to get me killed?
Lmao hahaha

#22 ·
Yea, I don't wave to Wranglers, even though their eyes are glued to my rig.

Lifted XJ's get a nod, an eyeballing, and possible a wave.

Lifted ZJ's get a complete 180* turn of the body in the driver's seat as they pass, and a wave, horn honking, lowered window.

Lifted WJ's (have yet to see one) get me crossing 6 lanes of traffic, damn near rolling over as I pull an illegal u-turn and almost run over a Corolla while simultaneously waving with both arms torso completely out of the window.

#24 ·
jeepdavetj said:
Wait, you want me to wave? I'm already textin, surfin the web, updating my facebook, shifting gears, fighting death wobble, and trying to hold my beer and you want me to ****ing wave?!?!?!? Are you tryin to get me killed?
OMG!!!! That's the best freakin reply I have ever heard Hahahahahahah Lol!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using JeepForum

#30 ·
I wave at all Jeeps, no not hanging out the door or window and acting like a cheerleader hooked to 440.If you dont wave back no big deal. But if you have all the "Lifestyle" gear stating I wouldnt understand if I didnt own a Jeep (I actualy own two with more coming as space money and time allows)Then dont ***** when we wave at you.We assume you "understand" and will wave back. :wave:

#31 ·
If I were inclined to wave at another Jeep, you can rest assured that on the list of those I might acknowledge, anything with rectangular headlights is very near if not below the bottom. I struggle with those who are geometrically challenged and don't know the difference between a rectangle and a square. :rofl:

#34 ·
Hmm you mean this definition?rect·an·gle noun \ˈrek-ˌtaŋ-gəl\
Definition of RECTANGLE
: a parallelogram all of whose angles are right angles; especially : one with adjacent sides of unequal length
Funny my YJ's headlights are fitting that definition.Next thing Ill hear is my TJ lights are oval :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.