JEeP ON LIFE SuPPORT, iNSURANCE WoNT PAY! go auto SUcKS - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > JEeP ON LIFE SuPPORT, iNSURANCE WoNT PAY! go auto SUcKS

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #16
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Calm down buddy! I was there recently when I guy pulled out in front of me...Clearly he was at fault, but he denied it saying I changed lanes & he was at a complete stop when I hit him. His insurance company drug their feet for over a month before finally allowing me to get it fixed. I flat out refused to get my insurance company (Allstate) involved by having to pay a deductable. I called every single day & was a total A## about it. I even found the guys FB page & copied a conversation he posted on his page regarding the accident. I held it as a last ditch effort, but luckly didn't have to resort to that. They're just doing their job by trying to find reasons not to pay. Sucks, but that's just how insurance works.

prjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #17
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

If you are not a jeep forum "expert" who knows everything there is to know about collision avoidance, please ignore the following rant.

To all you "experts," I never should have posted this here expecting a sympathetic response. I forgot about the large number of people in general discussion on jeep forum who are an engineer, master mechanic, stunt driver, body shop technician, behavioral psychologist and attorney at law all at the same time. Wherever did you people find the time to go to all those schools? I am amazed and humbled by your perception of this event.

Let me re-evaluate my actions leading up to the event in question so that I can better see how little I understand in comparison to your vast reserves of knowledge and experience.

I was traveling west bound on a four lane divided highway (divided by concrete and grass median) at approximately 55MPH while approaching the uncontrolled intersection of a small cross street, which runs north to south.

The driver of an F150 was attempting to turn north onto the side street from the eastbound lane and did not check for oncoming traffic by his own admission. He turned broadside across both westbound lanes directly in front of my vehicle. I immediately attempted to brake, and sounded an audible warning using my vehicles horn hoping he would accelerate through . The driver of the F150 then brought his vehicle to almost a full stop blocking both lanes.

I was unable to avoid a collision by braking due to my speed, lane position and travel path of both vehicles.

The only possible options that I had were to continue braking and crash into the truck, or to accelerate around the truck (which was still slowly creeping through the intersection) and hit the grass.

In our emergency vehicle operations and pursuit school we are trained that when a collision is unavoidable, to steer the vehicle into the softest area possible. Accelerating around obstacles is part of our technical driving course on the driving range.

I responded according to my training and accelerated around the obstacle.

I then contacted my agency because I was in uniform en route to work. They responded according to policy by sending a uniform patrol unit out with a supervisor from the traffic division.

Our reports are written impartially no matter who is involved. Our own Administrator was involved in an accident in which he was deemed at fault. He was issued a citation and had to go back through the driving school.

Both the supervisor with the traffic division, the uniform patrol officer, the 2 claims agents, the 2 adjusters, my personal attorney and the 2 people who forced me off the road said I did the right thing. The 2 people who forced me off the road thanked me for not hitting them and said that they never saw me until it was too late and that was the scariest thing they had ever seen.

The only people who had a problem with my actions were the jeep forum experts who were never there. But I guess since they are an engineer, master mechanic, stunt driver, body shop technician, behavioral psychologist and attorney at law all at the same time their opinion must be indisputable.

The other insurance company is trying their hardest not to pay. Their only recourse in this is to use lack of valid contact information from their parties as an excuse.

My attorney is involved because of legal issues pertaining to a prior crash in which I was seriously injured when i was rear ended while sitting at an intersection waiting for traffic to clear so that I could turn.

The next time I need to vent, I will make sure to do it somewhere else so that I don't offend anymore "experts."
Unread 03-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #18
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Every time I see the title, I picture you as a 9 year old girl who just discovered AOL instant messaging.
Unread 03-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #19
Scherer
2012 JK Wrangler 

Your getting the typical BS from an insurance company. This is what they do, they try to delay and drag out the situation hoping you go away.

Keep working with your attorney and don't let the trolls bother you to much.
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #20
schvilktus

Just read this whole thing (for some reason)and the only response I have is "Wow. Rinse the sand out."

1986 CJ-7 Laredo. 4" Superlift, 33x12.50s, one piece axles, T-5, D300, AMC 20, Jasper stage-1 258 I-6, Howell TBI, DUI ignition, Luk ProGold Performance clutch, Red w/ black hard top, one sexy cornfed boy behind the wheel.
schvilktus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #21
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Fun thread, I like it.
ItsJustD is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #22
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

In your first vent you stated they both had warrants?

Here's your quote
Quote:
rEALLY? Well maybe that's because he's ghetto trash and gave a fake phone number. Why?!? MAYBE HiM AND HiS PASSENGER HAVE WARRANtS. Hang on, let me check. YEP! THeY BOTH HAVE WARRANTS FOR UNPAID TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS LIKE..... RECKLESs OPERATION!
My question why were they not arrested at the scene of the accident with outstanding warrants. The cops were obviously there since they were also given 2 more citations?
JeepinJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #23
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

They never ran the warrant check. It's something you have to specifically request and not normally something done in a crash investigation.
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #24
Jonathanjr1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I hope you jeep gets fixed. It sucks being with out you jeep for months.
Jonathanjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #25
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85 View Post
If you are not a jeep forum "expert" who knows everything there is to know about collision avoidance, please ignore the following rant.

To all you "experts," I never should have posted this here expecting a sympathetic response. I forgot about the large number of people in general discussion on jeep forum who are an engineer, master mechanic, stunt driver, body shop technician, behavioral psychologist and attorney at law all at the same time. Wherever did you people find the time to go to all those schools? I am amazed and humbled by your perception of this event.
."
Well I'm none of these things but I did stay at a holiday inn last night so I must be right.
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #26
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
They never ran the warrant check. It's something you have to specifically request and not normally something done in a crash investigation.
Cops to busy to check somones background at the scene of an accident? Didn't they take their licence and run it? What if he was a wanted killer in 5 states? Seems a little fishy to me or just a bunch of lazy cops is your state not doing there job. Sucks about your jeep dude.
JeepinJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #27
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I vented here. In a healthy forum of sympathetic peers.
This assumption is where you went wrong.

Quote:
Edit: Sympathetic except for the occasional smart *** who thinks he is a lawyer or crash investigator.
Not a single person in this thread has responded to you in such a manner, but I'm curious as to how much alcohol and/or drugs you consumed when you spat out the incredibly incoherent babble that is your original post.

Quote:
This makes no sense.

Accidents suck and it sounds like your car insurance company sucks, too, but I have no idea why you're even remotely pissed at anyone participating in this thread. Do you need somebody to hold you?
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #28
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be synaptic. dude it sucks that your jeep got trashed. I hope those ***wipes at the insurance office pay you in full and then some! I hope the idiots that pulled out in front of you get slung across the hood of a cruiser! good luck with your battle man! get that jeep back on the road soon!!
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #29
Hoobly_Goob
1991 YJ Wrangler 

iT iS hArD fOr Me To TaKe YoU sErIoUsLy.

Utah Jeep Crew
Hoobly_Goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #30
chowner
2014 WK 

Are we getting punked by

?
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.