Jeep junkyard in portland - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Jeep junkyard in portland

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 06-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
nqlblq
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep junkyard in portland

I thinkt he place is called Rubiconrecycler - Anyone have any experience with these guys? I only found one hit on here and they said "a little spendy."

Thanks in advance.

Unread 06-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Is there an actual location? The website just goes directly to an ebay store

www.rubiconrecycler.com/
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
nqlblq
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yea they are a regular junkyard at 16878 South Clackamas River Rd Oregon City, OR 97045 but I think they just ahve a small offshoot that does jeeps, maybe?

Again, I'm not sure on this. I just don't want to drive over there go inside the place and buy a bunch of great stuff come out and have half of my jeep missing.

A side note, that has happened at a junk yard before.
Unread 06-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
Hrothgar
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have some experience with him. He started out as Jeep Recycler, then changed his name to Rubicon Recycler, and now d/b/a Wrangler Barn.

Ordered a switch bezel a few years ago (to do the six switch mod). Pic was shown with the switch blanks, even made a point to ask if the blanks were included, and Cody said yes. He's close so Ii asked if I could come by and get it to save shipping, waited days with no reply, ended up paying for shipping, next day I get an email saying sure come buy. Sure enough when I got it, no blanks. Emailed him several times, never got the blanks. Was a few dollars more than I think it should have been, but I wanted it. Think I paid $15 + shipping. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Want to get a new headlight bucket, and he's the only one I've seen on ebay to have them, but think $75 was too expensive.

Then last year when my gf was looking for an axle for her jeep, I expressed my opinion about how much he wants to change for a D35 ($800!?! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??), in a sarcastic way but not rude, maybe as a result of our previous dealing. He told me to not contact him for parts anymore. We got what we needed elsewhere.

Couple of months ago her transmission went out , and he was the only place she could find one. So she had to pay, still cheaper than rebuilding, but rather spendy. The transmisson has been in about a month now haven't have any problems yet.

You'll probably get what you want, but will pay extra for it. It's just one guy. Has a shop next to his house, I've been in it. (when we picked up transmission) It's clean a least. Decent operation. You can go there and pick stuff up if your lucky enough to get him to respond (she was). But no 'showroom' to walk around in.

Got autonomous thought?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepstronaut View Post
Who made you clowns pope of this dump?

Last edited by Hrothgar; 06-01-2009 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: to add
Hrothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
nqlblq
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
I have some experience with him. He started out as Jeep Recycler, then changed his name to Rubicon Recycler, and now d/b/a Wrangler Barn.

Ordered a switch bezel a few years ago (to do the six switch mod). Pic was shown with the switch blanks, even made a point to ask if the blanks were included, and Cody said yes. Sure enough when I got it, no blanks. Emailed him several times, never got the blanks. Was a few dollars more than I think it should have been, but I wanted it. Think I paid $15. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Want to get a new headlight bucket, and he's the only one I've seen on ebay to have them, but think $75 was too expensive.

Then last year when my gf was looking for an axle for her jeep, I expressed my opinion about how much he wants to change for a D35 ($800!?! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??), in a sarcastic way but not rude, maybe as a result of our previous dealing. He told me to not contact him for parts anymore. We got what we needed elsewhere.

Couple of months ago her transmission went out , and he was the only place she could find one. So she had to pay, still cheaper than rebuilding, but spendy. The transmisson has been in about a month now haven't have any problems yet.

You'll probably get what you want, but will pay extra for it.
Thanks for the info. I'll probably head over there this weekend.
Unread 06-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

check craigslist or jeepforum for sale ads when you need parts???
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
Hrothgar
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry nqlblq, was editing my post to add more when you replied. He doesn't really have a showroom to walk through, and even told me gf that he doesn't want people to just show up. So you may want to call him first.

Got autonomous thought?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepstronaut View Post
Who made you clowns pope of this dump?
Hrothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #8
nqlblq
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
Sorry nqlblq, was editing my post to add more when you replied. He doesn't really have a showroom to walk through, and even told me gf that he doesn't want people to just show up. So you may want to call him first.
Crap. I just want to go look around. Well, back tot he old stomping grounds outside of Newburg. U-Pull-It here I come.
Unread 02-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #9
jeeper92
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqlblq View Post
I thinkt he place is called Rubiconrecycler - Anyone have any experience with these guys? I only found one hit on here and they said "a little spendy."

Thanks in advance.
He is actually calls him self wrangler barn now... but he is expensive as hell. He wanted 20 for 2 nuts and bolts for stock air box. i got actual oem part for 5 with shipping.
But free shipping on bigger item is a plus. and he has some video on youtube. walk around shop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXLEqOphQ5I
jeeper92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #10
isaacson

I've dealt with Cody a couple of times. He has always been great with me. He's mainly and online reseller, so yes it may seem a little pricey. I guess if you lived in Florida and needed a part it would work out pretty well with the free shipping. I actually bought a tub for my TJ from him and a couple of other parts. He knows his stuff. I'd recommend him.
isaacson is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.