jeep classifieds scam - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > jeep classifieds scam

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Closed Thread
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
JacKedUP4x4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ok guys I'm starting this because I'm pretty sure I'm getting scammed.
I saw rusty's HD steering for sale in a part out so I PM'd the guy to see if it was still available and it was so I asked if he could hold it for 2 weeks till I got paid and it ended up being 3 because it took a week to get money in PayPal. On the 8th I sent my payment of $220 to the guy and he says he got the payment and will be shipping it out next week sometime. All next week I try to get a hold of him so I can get a shipping number and he doesn't reply finally when I hear from him he says I already told you I'm shipping it next week sometime so I wait another week and then I get in contact with him from email and he says he's been busy and he says I waited almost 2 months(way over exaggerated) to get the money from you and he said he was shipping it out the first week of FEB. Well that's passed and of course he's not answering my emails and when he does hes mad at me for blowing up his in inbox which I only did cause he wont answer my emails or pm's on here and hasn't been on this forum since the 8th of Jan I believe, but he's been on other forums. Then he mad calling me an a**hole and stuff sayindont threaten him( I told him I'd like my money back or the parts or I would have to look into how I'd have to go about getting my money back cause after 3weeks of nothing I began to worry about my $220) and that he waited almost 3 months to get the money from me which seems to have taken me longer and longer each time I talk to him. Well last I heard was that he was shipping it out last weekend and still I have nothing. No tracking number money or Rusty's HD steering. I'm giving it till SAT then I have no choice but to believe hes scamming me. Also there's another member who bought parts from this guy and he hasn't got his parts or even heard from the guy yet that I know of. So guys what should I/we do?

Unread 02-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

All you have to do is give us as much information as you have. The rest tends to take care of itself.
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
rasbutan
2010 JK Wrangler 

Start a claim with paypal.
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
JacKedUP4x4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Also I have all the emails we've exchanged but I don't have the PMs on here cause I didn't have room for them then and deleted them but I heard once it's been online it never goes away so maybe theres a way a MOD can check those out or maybe not, still have emails though. I haven't put his name out there yet hoping that ill get something by Saturday or see what his excuse is this next time I decide to email him.
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #5
JacKedUP4x4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped
All you have to do is give us as much information as you have. The rest tends to take care of itself.
I think ill email him now and see what he says this time and then ill give out his info if he gives me more excuses and BS. I have his username email address real name and know the city and state where he lives but that's all I've got
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #6
JacKedUP4x4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasbutan
Start a claim with paypal.
Im pretty sure I sent it the free way so I'm not sure of I'd be able to :/
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #7
austin6137
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
xx2 There are some people on here that are really good at convincing people to do the right thing.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacKedUP4x4 View Post
Im pretty sure I sent it the free way so I'm not sure of I'd be able to :/
I had a problem and tried to open a dispute after sending it the free way... If you send it as a "personal" transaction you have no ground to stand on. I eventually had to make a insurance claim on the usps. Didn't get all my $$ back but re-cooped $100 at least.

I learned my lesson about that so its worth the minor fee to just get a claim option if needed.
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
JacKedUP4x4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosJEEP

I had a problem and tried to open a dispute after sending it the free way... If you send it as a "personal" transaction you have no ground to stand on. I eventually had to make a insurance claim on the usps. Didn't get all my $$ back but re-cooped $100 at least.

I learned my lesson about that so its worth the minor fee to just get a claim option if needed.
Yeah I know now. Of course ill learn my lesson on the most expensive thing I've bought on here so far.
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's always interesting seeing how these threads turn out. It's always bad for the "seller" and works out for the victim at least.
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #11
mopar408
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
I have his real name and know the city and state where he lives
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #12
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

^^ x2!
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #13
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacKedUP4x4 View Post
I have his username email address real name and know the city and state where he lives but that's all I've got
That's more than enough info to do some serious damage.

FYI, PM LuckRider.
Unread 02-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #14
JFamily
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If the legal system only worked half as efficient as the JF "Scammer Negotiations Unit", we'd see double digit declines in petty crime overnight. Fear of retribution is an effective deterrent lol
Unread 02-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #15
GunMetalBlue
1999 TJ Wrangler 

What is his JF username? We will PM to come to this forum and have him share his side of the story.

[FONT="Arial Black"][B][I]shall not be infringed[/I][/B][/FONT]
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.