?Jeep? can't be! Say it isn't so! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > ?Jeep? can't be! Say it isn't so!

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-27-2001, 08:56 AM   #16
olllllo

I thought the Icon was really goofy until I saw a remote control one in Radio Shack while I was Christmas shopping. It was lifted with huge tires and looked pretty bad ***. Yes, I know it was a toy, but seeing it on the huge tires made me realize that there is hope for the real one. As far as I know it still isn't slated for production, so you guys don't lose any sleep yet!

olllllo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2002, 07:49 PM   #17
redwolf698
2004 WJ 

OK, so call me crazy, but I think the damn thing looks cool as hell! I love the buckets in the rear.

When I had my Miata, everyone was all so upset about the changes they made in 1999. It seems like I remember the Jeep community being upset back in 1996 about the TJ changes that were made.

The Liberty is now the red-headed step child of the Jeep community while it quietly makes it's point and off-roads better than a stock anything else.

I know I am new to the Jeep thing, but changes to our beloved automobiles always send us into a rage. What do you think people said when the Model T came out? Where the hell do I sit? An ENGINE??
Boat Drinks OffRoad Co-Founder
redwolf698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2002, 01:47 AM   #18
horatio102
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally posted by redwolf698:
The Liberty is now the red-headed step child of the Jeep community while it quietly makes it's point and off-roads better than a stock anything else.
Don't let those TJ'ers hear you say that the KJ out-wheels them stock for stock.

The Impreza redesign wasn't well received either. The typical WRX buyer who traded in the Honda that dad bought them didn't really have an opinion, but previous Impreza owners scoffed at the new one.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2002, 03:05 AM   #19
I-4

it looks like a child's toy!will it have a 2 speed transfer case?or just 4-hi?i'd take my yj any day over that plastic looking barbie mobile!
Unread 01-04-2002, 06:55 PM   #20
Darko

Quote:
it aint a jeep if the windshield dosent fold..
that is true... i think that Chryler is out of ideas on the new Jeep look. That look has be pretty much the same for 60 years. The ****ty thing about the new Jeeps is the I4 supercharged 1.6L garbage they will have in them. I think they are going to do away with the 4.0.
Unread 01-05-2002, 11:37 AM   #21
SBgreenYJ

Looks like the radio shack remote controlled Jeep
Unread 01-07-2002, 11:29 AM   #22
BigBadRed98ZJ

It's a concept vehicle, IF it makes it to production, it won't look exactly like that, and I'm sure they'll have different wheels and tires. I just hope they don't use any IFS/IRS, but otherwise I like it.
Unread 01-07-2002, 05:18 PM   #23
BurlyJ10

Looks Like someone let the Liberty into the Sportage's pen for a night. he he he. I dont really like it. They keep making these new Jeeps into suburbia cruisers. It no longer stands up to the Jeep name and heritage if its made to just look good. That thing looks like it would fall apart as soon as it even saw a dirt road.I mean id still buy it over a Kia or Rav4, but what is going the Daimler-Chrysler guys' heads anyways. Thats just what i think anyways.
Ryan
K&N Filter, Custom 3" exhaust
Interior mods= Sunpro tach, clarion stereo, Clarion 6-1/2 coaxials, polk tweeters,two alpine 10" subs
Proud member of the "Creepers Jeepers Gang" of Durango CO, my home town.
BurlyJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2002, 08:29 PM   #24
The_Icon_Rulez

I love the Icon, it should be the next wranger/TJ. But with the way things are going it probably won't happen. WTF, dam DC.
It probably will have IFS and and I4 1.6L, (bastards at DC).
The_Icon_Rulez
The_Icon_Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2002, 01:28 AM   #25
horatio102
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally posted by Darko:
that is true... i think that Chryler is out of ideas on the new Jeep look. That look has be pretty much the same for 60 years. The ****ty thing about the new Jeeps is the I4 supercharged 1.6L garbage they will have in them. I think they are going to do away with the 4.0.
You think they will? The fact that they didn't put it in the KJ doesn't pretty much guarantee it? The KJ V6 is based upon the WJ V8, I predict that the WJ will get the 3.7l next time DC updates it. For sure the next major remodel anyway.

And what's this about it not being a Jeep if the window doesn't fold? What about the ZJ, XJ, WJ, Comanche, Wagoneer, Cherokee (FS), J-series... etc.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.