Jeep Beach 2014 first timer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Jeep Beach 2014 first timer

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
ShaysXJnc

Jeep Beach 2014 first timer

I've decided to make the trek from NC to Daytona for jeep beach this coming year.

Very excited...but I want to be prepared. My husband and I were planning to camp at night since we will be out playing all day. Planning to tow a small trailer behind our XJ. We are only bringing one of our jeeps.

Besides bringing a spare tire, cps, axle shafts, u joints, water, oil, antifreeze, our tools etc...what else have ya'll found that was really important when you went?

Thanks for the info. ..my husband is pretty stoked his wife was the one who suggested we go!

ShaysXJnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
xlTravislx

1994 YJ Wrangler 

A MUST is small portable beach chairs.
Also you might want to bring some spray wax if you want your jeep to be pretty for the beach parade.

I use jeep beach as an excuse to do a full tune up on my YJ before we leave. I.e. Spark plugs, air filters, diff fluids, T-case fluids, (Any kind of fluid for that matter)
Unread 03-17-2014, 10:58 AM   #3
Splinter189

Can't wait. Making trek from Missouri
Splinter189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
XJ99
Aviator Brew

2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaysXJnc View Post
I've decided to make the trek from NC to Daytona for jeep beach this coming year.

Very excited...but I want to be prepared. My husband and I were planning to camp at night since we will be out playing all day. Planning to tow a small trailer behind our XJ. We are only bringing one of our jeeps.

Besides bringing a spare tire, cps, axle shafts, u joints, water, oil, antifreeze, our tools etc...what else have ya'll found that was really important when you went?

Thanks for the info. ..my husband is pretty stoked his wife was the one who suggested we go!

With the exception of the spare tire (which you should always have)
a tool kit, and maybe the CPS, the rest is a waste of space. You can
buy antifreeze, oil, water, etc. just about anywhere. Not sure why
you're bringing axle shafts, and u-joints. Again, can be bought at a
autoparts store. If you're talking about driving on Daytona beach,
odds are you won't even use 4WD. You'll see a bunch of cars driving
around like it's nothing.

It's nothing like Carolina Beach, Fort Fisher, or the OBX.
Unless it's a camping trailer, or motorcycle I'd leave it
at home. If you need a little extra cargo area, look in
to getting a hitch hauler for that type of trip. My wife
and I have made many trips to the Fort Lauderdale area,
with all our stuff packed in the back of the XJ. Even had
enough room for a cooler.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.