Jan 30 -- Mythbusters vs. Plane on a Treadmill (finally!) - Page 30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Jan 30 -- Mythbusters vs. Plane on a Treadmill (finally!)

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #436
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheMudder
Slinky on an escalator?
2 years ago a friend of mine went to the mall to do the slinky on an escalator thing. After 2 or 3 steps down the stupid slinky rolled over on its side and started to bounce down the stairs. He's an idiot and leaned over to grab it, lost his balance and fell down the stairs. He (eventually) ends up at the bottom, semi-conscious and the escalator drags him back to the top where the stairs catch hold of his beltloop and the thing proceeds to rip his jeans 1/2 off before it jams and stops.

So he's stuck in an escalator, semi-dressed, bleeding, and more or less unconscious. Some girl who saw the whole thing happen tries to help him out, but all she can do is cut his pants the rest of the way off to free him. She's nice enough to drive him home, and he thanks her by buying her lunch. Long story short, but 2 months later they ended up married. Two weeks after the wedding I stop off at his folks place to drop off a birthday card and I find him sitting on their couch, turns out his living with them now. I ask him wth is going on and he says on the honeymoon he finds out that the wife was actually a dude! He says he was a pre-op tranny who'd already done the hormones and breast job. Which explains why his "Let's wait until we're married" love of his life would only go topless during their make-out sessions.

And the real kicker is that after my buddy found out he was more or less gay at this point, he goes out, gets drunk and hooks up with a stripper for the night and catches herpes!

I guess what I'm trying to say is I won't try the slinky on an escalator thing because I don't want to catch herpes. But it's your life, do what you want.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2008, 01:09 PM   #437
Snacks
Little buddy

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy
2 years ago a friend of mine went to the mall to do the slinky on an escalator thing. After 2 or 3 steps down the stupid slinky rolled over on its side and started to bounce down the stairs. He's an idiot and leaned over to grab it, lost his balance and fell down the stairs. He (eventually) ends up at the bottom, semi-conscious and the escalator drags him back to the top where the stairs catch hold of his beltloop and the thing proceeds to rip his jeans 1/2 off before it jams and stops.

So he's stuck in an escalator, semi-dressed, bleeding, and more or less unconscious. Some girl who saw the whole thing happen tries to help him out, but all she can do is cut his pants the rest of the way off to free him. She's nice enough to drive him home, and he thanks her by buying her lunch. Long story short, but 2 months later they ended up married. Two weeks after the wedding I stop off at his folks place to drop off a birthday card and I find him sitting on their couch, turns out his living with them now. I ask him wth is going on and he says on the honeymoon he finds out that the wife was actually a dude! He says he was a pre-op tranny who'd already done the hormones and breast job. Which explains why his "Let's wait until we're married" love of his life would only go topless during their make-out sessions.

And the real kicker is that after my buddy found out he was more or less gay at this point, he goes out, gets drunk and hooks up with a stripper for the night and catches herpes!

I guess what I'm trying to say is I won't try the slinky on an escalator thing because I don't want to catch herpes. But it's your life, do what you want.

That is one heck of a story! Very funny!

“I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion” Jack Kerouac
Snacks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #438
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Heh, that story takes 1st Prize for JF Funny Story of the Year!!!

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2008, 01:16 PM   #439
ancestralworm
there will be crying

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

i knew a dude that caught crabs cuz a yo-yo! you really dont want to mess with them damn hoola hoops.
Black Jeep Society victim#19

"The Jeep is America's only real sports car" - Enzo Ferrari

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
ancestralworm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2008, 01:36 AM   #440
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Best story ever! Indy, please make a thread just for it so others can enjoy it.
Unread 02-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #441
ChewyXJ
nom nom nom

Someone posted earlier that thier girlfreind/wife didn't understand how people could think the plane wouldn't take off. So last night I asked this question to 5 different women. All of them got it correct. To them it was obvious that the wheels/conveyor belt would have no effect on the planes ability to take off.

Ask the women in your life and see how they repond. Pretty interesting how male vs female brains work.
'87 XJ 2" lift
'96 XJ stock

"Personally, I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making some more."

"Don't believe everything you think..."
ChewyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #442
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Jockey
Maul's are god like for bush flying.

Ive seen some "modified" ones with ridiculous power. Like 500hp V8 power. That particular one used a 4" S/C belt to drive the prop and gain some reduction.

Those whacky Alaskans, I swear.
Forgot to add the accompanying pic.

500hp in a 1000lb airplane. Insane.

Avian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2008, 02:06 PM   #443
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I wonder how that V8 powered Maule does so far as its CG goes. Sure seems like that big V8 would make baggage in the back less of a problem as far as its range of acceptable CG goes.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #444
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
I wonder how that V8 powered Maule does so far as its CG goes. Sure seems like that big V8 would make baggage in the back less of a problem as far as its range of acceptable CG goes.
No idea....

Though the article did say he was using an engine out of a busch league type car, so I'd assume its aluminum and not nearly as heavy as a BBC truck/ muscle car motor. And being its an experimental aircraft, and not certified, the owner can do just about anything he wants to do to it, as long as he's not taking passengers. (legally)

The biggest thing that surprised me was the belt driven prop.

Alaska sure has a different set of aviation regulations than the rest of the lower 48.
Unread 02-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #445
dz1087
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Alaska has some loop holes, but if it's experimental he could fly that anywhere. Even Michigan. Alaska really has about the same rules as the rest of the states.

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF037AD
'03 TJ Sport, Black on White, Stock. [[Gone]]
'99 XJ, Purple, Stock but with new wheels.

Running Doorless? Check your state's Mirror Laws!!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/list-state-mirror-laws-565361/

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
dz1087 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #446
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1087
Alaska has some loop holes, but if it's experimental he could fly that anywhere. Even Michigan. Alaska really has about the same rules as the rest of the states.
Ive never really looked into Alaskan regulations. I just notice in passing while reading through the FAR's alot of "With the exception of flights being conducted in Alaska, no pilot may..."

Id love to see a vid of that Maule though. Off to youtube!
Unread 02-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #447
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeGremlin View Post
Best story ever! Indy, please make a thread just for it so others can enjoy it.
Glad you enjoyed it, dusting off another gem from an older post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forumpete58
DO NOT BUY IT!!!! I own a Chicago Electric winch and it was the worst investment I've ever made!

my $.02
Allow me to fill in the gaps. He purchased the winch as a christmas present to himself 2 years ago. His wife was already upset at the money his jeep was costing, so he hid the winch on the top shelf of his closet. Unfortunately he also purchased a nice vintage china set for his wifes christmas present, which he was hiding underneath some clothes on the closet floor. As he was leaving the room to watch some TV he heard a loud crash from the closet. Sure enough, the winch was so heavy it broke the shelf and went crashing on top of the china set, destroying it and breaking off the solenoid of the winch.

Now he was really upset as the china was ruined, and there was no way the manufacturer was going to cover the winch under warranty. He started picking up the pieces, but in his haste and anger he cut himself on a shard of china. The cut was fairly bad and he was bleeding all over, including getting some on his wifes wedding dress that fallen to the floor with the rest of the closets contents. He decided to go to the ER to get some stitches for his bleeding hand.

Once he arrived at the hospital he was still in a foul mood and was not paying attention as he walked down the hallway. He accidentally bumped into someone, but was so self involved he just muttered "stupid winch" under his breath as he walked. Unfortunately the person he bumped into was a biker babe who was there with her big ol' biker boyfriend, who only heard him saying "stupid wench" as he shoved into his girl. So then the biker proceeds to thrash him up and down the hallway, finally shoving him head first into a sharps container where Forumpete58 got stuck by a dirty needle and contracted hepatitus.

I hope this clarifies, but I have to agree the winch was likely the worst investment he ever made.

*I'm not sure why all my stories end up with someone getting a disease...

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.