iPad Mini - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > iPad Mini

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #16
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I am currently and every day on my iPad 2. It is what I use for college work and jeep work, as far as the forums go. I love my iPad. Sure beats the heck out of my crappy laptop. Haven't seen the mini in person yet, but I definitely say its worth it. I definitely get my money's worth out of my iPad. If you see any post by me, it's likely posted via my iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #17
Germy
1985 CJ7 

I'm on a mini at home. Have had every iPhone and iPad and the mini is my favorite. I just want USB. With the mini, typing and generally holding it is much easier. I was a pc freak and made the change first to iPhone then it all went down hill. The pc Mac debate will go on. I love Mac products because they work perfectly for my business and type of use. But mini all the way
Germy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #18
TjinTopeka
2002 WJ 

I know you asked about the mini but you should consider a regular ipad. I have owned 4 Android phones and currently have the Nexus 4 and Nexus 7. That said I really like my ipad3, I have not used a regular computer since I got it. I can see how people would dislike typing on the touchscreen I got sick of it very quickly, that's why I suggest the Logitech keyboard case. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Ultra...itech+keyboard
TjinTopeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #19
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZJ View Post
If you wanna be a hipster who complains and riots while people work.. Buy an ipad..

If you wanna be an american who works for a living... Buy a Nexus 7
The most stupid thing I have ever heard....go troll somewhere else.

The way I see it. I have an S3...an android phone....so why have an android tablet? I want something different and have the best of both worlds....I would be using it for web browsing mainly, music, email, and a few games here and there. Nothing graphic heavy as I know the ipad mini had the a5 chip in it. I am not looking for something that is top of the line, biggest processor, etc. I have played around with alot of tablets here lately and the ipad mini really feels right.
Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #20
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
The most stupid thing I have ever heard....go troll somewhere else.

The way I see it. I have an S3...an android phone....so why have an android tablet? I want something different and have the best of both worlds....I would be using it for web browsing mainly, music, email, and a few games here and there. Nothing graphic heavy as I know the ipad mini had the a5 chip in it. I am not looking for something that is top of the line, biggest processor, etc. I have played around with alot of tablets here lately and the ipad mini really feels right.

While the commenter you quoted did seem a bit trollish, the fact that the OWS crowd (rioting hipsters) was a nearly exclusively i-device crowd does say something.

Not saying that every i-device user is an entitled hipster brat with more money than brains, but that IS the culture that you are associating yourself with when you buy an i-device. Yes, it's not fair. But it is true. That said, I also think that you should buy the device that will do the job you want it to do, and that works best for you, all cultural arguments aside.

By way of full disclosure, I have a Galaxy Nexus phone, my wife has a iPhone4S.

Interestingly, I love my GNex, she hates her iPhone. (We both came from Palm Pre phones previously, and before that, dumbphones.) I'm buying her a Nexus7 for Christmas because she really likes Android Jelly Bean after using my phone. Exact quote from her:

"This is so much easier to use than my iPhone! Much more like the Palm!"

So there you go. It's all a matter of taste and preference. And sometimes people find that something they thought would be better isn't better at all. So I recommend trying both and seeing which you like best.
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #21
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlerkid View Post
I demoed the Nexus 7 and Ipad mini for my school.

The iPad was a WAY more useful browsing tool in my opinion. The nexus was too "techy" with all sorts of confusing menus, sub-menus and hidden icons. The iPad was a typical apple product, with it's easy to navigate settings, apps and screens. But buyer beware: the Nexus is able to be tweaked to infinity (different themes, widgets, ect) where as the iPad is fixed where it is (unless you would like to void the warranty and jailbreak.)

Overall I chose the iPad, due to its larger screen, lighter weight, and more user-friendly personality for someone who isn't into tweaking
Funny, My wife isn't into tweaking her phone AT ALL, yet she finds my GNex Android phone MUCH easier to use than her iPhone4S. MAJOR issue for her; Apps that she couldn't figure out how to shut down:

Her: "I hit the button to close it but it's still playing! How do I stop it? AAARGH! I hate this phone!"
Me: "You said you wanted an iphone."
Her: "That's because I wanted all the apps!"
Me: "Android has apps too you know."
Her: "Shut up and help me!"
Me: *facepalm*.

This was mostly because with the Android phone ,there is some semblance of actual multitasking possible with it. Android Multitasking isn't as good as it was on webOS, (we both had Palm Pre phones previously) but its much better than the tacked-on silliness that is iOS "multitasking".

Also, there are NO "hidden icons" on any Android device. Every icon is accessible through the menu, the giant circle button smack in the center bottom of the home screen. Much like the Windows "Start" button, it provides a place to have all of your Apps and Widgets. You can then place them on your home screen and group them as you see fit, or leave them in the menu drawer for later access. It's a dead simple concept that has been working on PCs and Macs for over 20 years now.

I'm guessing that you were already an i-device user, and thus were so accustomed to the "everything is on my home screen" paradigm, that swapping to a "everything is in the menu" paradigm was confusing. (I've seen it in other i-device users before.) Thus, you preferred the iPad.
Nothing wrong with that, but it's important to recognize our own biases.

(NOTE: I am also biased, Just like everyone else. So take my comment with that bias in mind.)
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #22
chowner
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
Spend a little while. Typing on. A Touchscreen.

Im using an iPhone right now, and while I think it's a Nice product and have no regrets spending $100 on, I think I will get something with a keypad, like a blackberry, next time I buy a phone.

As far as web browsing is concerned, it's not the full Internet and it's a real pain in the *** trying to navigate. Short comings aside, it's nice to have the Internet everywhere, even though I don't use it constantly. Mobile email is probably the best feature.
android has the "full internet" get android.
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #23
KHoff90

By the OP's replies in this thread it seems as if his mind has already been made up and just wants confirmation.

OP - if you like the iPad mini then get it.

See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post

I have played with her tablet alot and a kindle fire, and after messing around with the ipad mini....its just too perfect for me....I understand that you can't customize iOS but to be honest, everything is so fluid that it doesn't bother me.

PSN: KHoff128
KHoff90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #24
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I love my iPad 2. Use it everyday in college for taking notes. Especially math.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #25
Crawlerkid
1983 CJ7 

Yes I was brought up on an iPod touch, then iPhone, then Mac. Very different animals compared to android. Both have their pros and cons.

Test both at the store and go from there! That's the best advice I can give.
Crawlerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #26
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Im gonna ask for the mini for Christmas from my fiance. I have never liked any tablet I have held, but I loved this one.
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #27
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have always been under the assumption that people who want to buy an Apple product want less for more. Less features, more money.

Seems logical?

Sent from a Jeep.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #28
chowner
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
I have always been under the assumption that people who want to buy an Apple product want less for more. Less features, more money.

Seems logical?

Sent from a Jeep.
Only assumption I can come up with.

I've been forced into an iPhone 5 for work now and it's a miserable experience.
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #29
PeterSyz
1992 YJ Wrangler 

My friend is an Apple fanboy and has nothing but good things to say about it. He does tech reviews too so he's had his time with the Nexus and the Kindle and his favorite is still the iPad Mini even over his iPad 3. Personally, I would wait until they add retina graphics to the Mini but overall it's a great product. Either way, you won't be disappointed.
PeterSyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #30
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post

Seems logical?

Sent from a Jeep.
not really. I love android but the constant crashing on certain apps is really annoying. Apple makes GREAT products. but anyway...like I said, I would never own an iPhone, but to have an apple tablet with an adroid phone seems like a perfect match.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.