iPad Mini - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > iPad Mini

Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.com

Unread 12-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

iPad Mini

So, I have always been against iphones and ipads....the macs I like. I never understood why anyone wanted an ipad that was so big to carry around and keep up with. My fiance and I went to the apple store yesterday and I saw the ipad mini for the first time and I played with it and I fell in love. While, I don't like the iOS that much, I love the web browsing and playing videos. The screen even though its not a retina display, still looks amazing. I would love to have something like that to have when going on trips or for lunch at work to just get away and stuff like that. I also love the size....its a little wide to use one handed but MUCH easier than the regular sized ipad.

Any of you guys have the ipad mini?

I am hinting to my fiance to get me one.

Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I have the first iPad. I dont really use it much. It would be good on the go I guess but I just use my SIII.
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
Max-Q
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That's why I bought a Samsung Note 2. My wife has an ipad and I hate the limitations of the iOS and I think the ipad is too large. My note doubles as a tablet and a phone and the size is perfect plus it's got 4G/LTE where the wife's ipad only has wifi and it cost $500. I'm not limited by the stupid Apple iOS.
Max-Q is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
bigred33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have a 2, love it for what I use it for. Portfolio, pics, games, surf and email. I'd get a mini. I barely use mine compared to folks that cloud library media, which I don't do.
bigred33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
chowner
2014 WK 

Nexus 7
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Im an android lover. iPad gets used to keep my dirty shoes off the floor.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #7
Crawlerkid
1983 CJ7 

I demoed the Nexus 7 and Ipad mini for my school.

The iPad was a WAY more useful browsing tool in my opinion. The nexus was too "techy" with all sorts of confusing menus, sub-menus and hidden icons. The iPad was a typical apple product, with it's easy to navigate settings, apps and screens. But buyer beware: the Nexus is able to be tweaked to infinity (different themes, widgets, ect) where as the iPad is fixed where it is (unless you would like to void the warranty and jailbreak.)

Overall I chose the iPad, due to its larger screen, lighter weight, and more user-friendly personality for someone who isn't into tweaking
Crawlerkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #8
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I have an s3 as my phone but I want something that I can use around the house or to take with me to dinner or family's houses. Using my s3 to surf the web gets old after about 15 min. I also don't like playing games on my s3 because of the battery drain.
I looked into the nexus 7 but to be honest, I think its an ugly tablet....I would also like to have a different OS for my tablet....My girl has an iPhone but uses a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 for her tablet, so she gets the best of both worlds....I have played with her tablet alot and a kindle fire, and after messing around with the ipad mini....its just too perfect for me....I understand that you can't customize iOS but to be honest, everything is so fluid that it doesn't bother me.
Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #9
Crawlerkid
1983 CJ7 

That's exactly what everyone else said that tried them back-to-back. They all went iPad
Unread 12-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #10
chowner
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlerkid View Post

The iPad was a WAY more useful browsing tool in my opinion. The nexus was too "techy" with all sorts of confusing menus, sub-menus and hidden icons. The iPad was a typical apple product, with it's easy to navigate settings, apps and screens. But buyer beware: the Nexus is able to be tweaked to infinity (different themes, widgets, ect) where as the iPad is fixed where it is (unless you would like to void the warranty and jailbreak.)

My head hurts
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #11
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Not buying another iPad. My 1st Gen can't run many apps now that require iOS6. If the 3gs phone can run ios6 then my iPad should. I have a 1st Gen iPad 64GB with 3g and an Acer Iconia A100 (7" Tetra 2 tablet). I like the 7" form factor, but I'll use Android from now on. (That being said, I just bought a replacement MacBook... so I am not anti apple. Just pissed about my ipad having planned obsolescence so quickly.
Unread 12-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
Crawlerkid
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowner View Post

My head hurts
Sorry

iPad > Nexus 7 for me
Unread 12-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

If you wanna be a hipster who complains and riots while people work.. Buy an ipad..

If you wanna be an american who works for a living... Buy a Nexus 7
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #14
ridebmxfbm
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It all comes down to what you'd like to use the device for... I've had all of them from iPad, iPad 2, "new iPad", iPad 4, iPad mini, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, HP touchpad etc.... I buy them, review them, then keep or sell if I like them.. What are you looking to get one for?
Detroit Lockers front and rear

Central Jersey 4x4
ridebmxfbm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #15
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Spend a little while. Typing on. A Touchscreen.

Im using an iPhone right now, and while I think it's a Nice product and have no regrets spending $100 on, I think I will get something with a keypad, like a blackberry, next time I buy a phone.

As far as web browsing is concerned, it's not the full Internet and it's a real pain in the *** trying to navigate. Short comings aside, it's nice to have the Internet everywhere, even though I don't use it constantly. Mobile email is probably the best feature.
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.