JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   iPad Mini (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/ipad-mini-1447958/)

Cherokeekid88 12-09-2012 12:07 PM

iPad Mini

So, I have always been against iphones and ipads....the macs I like. I never understood why anyone wanted an ipad that was so big to carry around and keep up with. My fiance and I went to the apple store yesterday and I saw the ipad mini for the first time and I played with it and I fell in love. While, I don't like the iOS that much, I love the web browsing and playing videos. The screen even though its not a retina display, still looks amazing. I would love to have something like that to have when going on trips or for lunch at work to just get away and stuff like that. I also love the size....its a little wide to use one handed but MUCH easier than the regular sized ipad.

Any of you guys have the ipad mini?

I am hinting to my fiance to get me one.

NJXJ91 12-09-2012 12:47 PM

I have the first iPad. I dont really use it much. It would be good on the go I guess but I just use my SIII.

Max-Q 12-09-2012 02:23 PM

That's why I bought a Samsung Note 2. My wife has an ipad and I hate the limitations of the iOS and I think the ipad is too large. My note doubles as a tablet and a phone and the size is perfect plus it's got 4G/LTE where the wife's ipad only has wifi and it cost $500. I'm not limited by the stupid Apple iOS.

bigred33 12-09-2012 03:03 PM

I have a 2, love it for what I use it for. Portfolio, pics, games, surf and email. I'd get a mini. I barely use mine compared to folks that cloud library media, which I don't do.

chowner 12-09-2012 03:39 PM

Nexus 7

RedZJ 12-09-2012 04:50 PM

Im an android lover. iPad gets used to keep my dirty shoes off the floor.

Crawlerkid 12-09-2012 06:52 PM

I demoed the Nexus 7 and Ipad mini for my school.

The iPad was a WAY more useful browsing tool in my opinion. The nexus was too "techy" with all sorts of confusing menus, sub-menus and hidden icons. The iPad was a typical apple product, with it's easy to navigate settings, apps and screens. But buyer beware: the Nexus is able to be tweaked to infinity (different themes, widgets, ect) where as the iPad is fixed where it is (unless you would like to void the warranty and jailbreak.)

Overall I chose the iPad, due to its larger screen, lighter weight, and more user-friendly personality for someone who isn't into tweaking

Cherokeekid88 12-09-2012 06:57 PM

I have an s3 as my phone but I want something that I can use around the house or to take with me to dinner or family's houses. Using my s3 to surf the web gets old after about 15 min. I also don't like playing games on my s3 because of the battery drain.
I looked into the nexus 7 but to be honest, I think its an ugly tablet....I would also like to have a different OS for my tablet....My girl has an iPhone but uses a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 for her tablet, so she gets the best of both worlds....I have played with her tablet alot and a kindle fire, and after messing around with the ipad mini....its just too perfect for me....I understand that you can't customize iOS but to be honest, everything is so fluid that it doesn't bother me.

Crawlerkid 12-09-2012 07:02 PM

That's exactly what everyone else said that tried them back-to-back. They all went iPad

chowner 12-10-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawlerkid (Post 14581507)

The iPad was a WAY more useful browsing tool in my opinion. The nexus was too "techy" with all sorts of confusing menus, sub-menus and hidden icons. The iPad was a typical apple product, with it's easy to navigate settings, apps and screens. But buyer beware: the Nexus is able to be tweaked to infinity (different themes, widgets, ect) where as the iPad is fixed where it is (unless you would like to void the warranty and jailbreak.)

:brickwall

My head hurts

CoriolisSTORM 12-10-2012 10:12 AM

Not buying another iPad. My 1st Gen can't run many apps now that require iOS6. If the 3gs phone can run ios6 then my iPad should. I have a 1st Gen iPad 64GB with 3g and an Acer Iconia A100 (7" Tetra 2 tablet). I like the 7" form factor, but I'll use Android from now on. (That being said, I just bought a replacement MacBook... so I am not anti apple. Just pissed about my ipad having planned obsolescence so quickly.

Crawlerkid 12-10-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chowner (Post 14584339)
:brickwall

My head hurts

Sorry

iPad > Nexus 7 for me

RedZJ 12-10-2012 05:54 PM

If you wanna be a hipster who complains and riots while people work.. Buy an ipad..

If you wanna be an american who works for a living... Buy a Nexus 7

ridebmxfbm 12-10-2012 05:57 PM

It all comes down to what you'd like to use the device for... I've had all of them from iPad, iPad 2, "new iPad", iPad 4, iPad mini, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, HP touchpad etc.... I buy them, review them, then keep or sell if I like them.. What are you looking to get one for?

ZeroGravity 12-10-2012 06:32 PM

Spend a little while. Typing on. A Touchscreen.

Im using an iPhone right now, and while I think it's a Nice product and have no regrets spending $100 on, I think I will get something with a keypad, like a blackberry, next time I buy a phone.

As far as web browsing is concerned, it's not the full Internet and it's a real pain in the *** trying to navigate. Short comings aside, it's nice to have the Internet everywhere, even though I don't use it constantly. Mobile email is probably the best feature.

The time now is 02:19 AM.