Invention and Patent - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Invention and Patent

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 01-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Invention and Patent

Has anyone thought of an invention and went though the patent process and got one?

There are many steps though this process and it's costly.

I went though a patent research process and paid a fee in 1999. A "Utility Patent Protection" is obtainable for my invention. I have a legal hard back book with a picture of me as the "First to Invent". This book explains what my invention is about along with other information that's needed to proceed on getting a "Utility Patent Protection".

Many years have gone by and I have not gone though this costly process in fulfilling my dream to make my invention. My goal is to press forward this year or with in a couple of years and go though this process as best as I can and market my invention.

I did an advanced patent research this year to check if anyone has designed and filed for a patent on a similar invention I have thought of and "0" came up though the patent research. This is great news so I can proceed with this process.

Patents are very expensive and since I don't have major bucks to invest on getting a patent it's going to be tough to go though this process and it will take a lot of time. I am looking for an investor that likes to get in with me so I can speed up this process and get my "Utility Patent" done.

I hope that my dream will come true and market my invention.

Please, If anyone went though this process and has a patent on their invention please Chime In and explain how did you go about your process.

Thank You,
Michael

Last edited by IGotADisneyJeep; 01-08-2010 at 08:18 AM..
IGotADisneyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
MXCarson92
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I thought about those "powermat" wireless charging systems back in middle school, didn't think anything of it though. Somebody is making biiiiig bucks off those now...

2003 Chevy 2500HD | 6.0 w/ 4.10s | Keys | H2 Wheels/315 BFG's
98 TJ SE | 3.75" Rough Country | 33x12.5x15 DC Mud Country | Cobra 19DX/Firestik 4' | IPF X4 | Genright Steering Box Skid - SOLD

ΦΚΣ
My Build
MXCarson92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
perfectcircle
1999 WJ 

The only advice i have is what a patent lawyer told me once "If you're offered a patent search for less than $1,000, walk away."
perfectcircle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
KeeptheJeep
2004 WJ 

What was this said invention, again?

KeeptheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.