Insurance repair problems any experts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Insurance repair problems any experts?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #1
losttech

2000 WJ 

Insurance repair problems any experts?

Ok this is for a friend he has newer truck 2007 and had some front end damage in a hunting trip he has full coverage and took it in to the dealer.

it was running fine drove 450 miles to the dealer when he went to pick it up 3 times something was wrong each time and he could not drive it home.

It now has running issues the motor sounds like crap and they are saying he needs to buy parts to fix it.
It ran perfect before no issues.

he has famers insurance and I am wondering what he can do to get them to fix his truck.

I know this is not a WJ questions but I post a lot here and figure maybe someone knows more about this then I do and what actions he could take.

thanks for any help.

losttech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2015, 05:31 PM   #2
Vaporhead
2004 WJ 

What sort of front end damage? What parts need fixing? Insurance work has guarantee's, but normally not for engine mechanical problems. If the accident was that bad, they would have totaled it.
Vaporhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2015, 05:34 PM   #3
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like he needs to contact Chrysler about the bad dealership. What is the dealer saying is wrong and what parts are they saying he has to buy to fix it? I do not think farmers will do anything to help him in this situation. Maybe contact a lawyer. What things were wrong when he went to pick it up the previous times? What kind of front end damage did he have to the truck?

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2015, 05:37 PM   #4
derekmac

2002 WJ 

Can he take it to a different dealer? I hit someone that ran a stop sign in a work van, and the dealer that fixed it left a couple of injectors unplugged. They kept trying to say they didn't do anything, and my work would have to pay for it. It was taken to a different dealer, and within a couple of hours, they had it back running the way it should, and they had the other dealer pay for it as it was their fault.

Build thread.
derekmac is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2015, 06:09 PM   #5
losttech

2000 WJ 

1. when he went to pick it up the first time the wheels were rubbing and the alignment was all jacked up.
2. the second time I am not sure but it was more of the same.

3. the last time the engine was sputtering and stalling and blowing smoke

Now he drove this 450 miles after hitting a ditch and messing up the bumper and some front end components tie rods, pitman arm that kind of stuff some bent bumper and transmission cooler lines were replaced.
It ran perfect nothing wrong before but when he goes to pick it up its not running right and they are saying the fuel pressure regulator is bad.
Not sure how it just goes bad after they work on it there were no engine running issues before just hitting the ditch and the front end issues.

I am just trying to help him find out who to call he is talking to his insurance but that seems to be going nowhere.

Edit:
Well placed a call to corporate headquarters customer support complaint department they gave me a case number and hopefully they will fix the stupid rig been a month and a half and 3 150 mile round trips to try and get this done very frustrated.

By the way its not a jeep its a chevy just posted here because its the best board I know.
So don't complain about jeep dealerships because it looks like most of them must suck how hard is it just to fix it there is not that much damage and then keep adding things that are magically broken now that were not before.

God I hate dealerships I will happily wrench on my jeep with terminal cancer with a smile until I die just because I don't have to go to a dealership for work
Unread 01-27-2015, 09:42 AM   #6
04itr
2001 WJ 

damn thats unfortunate. hopefully the corporate office can help, i wouldn't get my hopes up though. dealers are crooks.
04itr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #7
losttech

2000 WJ 

well champion champion chevrolet reno is a bunch of crooks and famers insurance sure isn't any better.
They left him with a broken truck that wont run that he has to tow back to town now 75 miles to get someone else to fix it so the dealer wont rip him off anymore.
the call to corporate was a joke man I would never buy a new car, well I wont ever have time too but just goes to show better to fix things over time then deal with these thieving scum.

Anyways thanks for the input guys and listening to my rant
I am definitely happier with my jeep and the things I have had to fix now knowing I wont go through something like this.
Unread 01-28-2015, 02:34 AM   #8
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Have him look into the Lemon Laws for his state .
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2015, 09:02 AM   #9
Indy

Short form.
He drove into a ditch and messed up the front end, then drove it 450 miles before getting it fixed.

Insurance paid for the damage.

Now it needs a fuel pressure regulator and it's the insurance companies fault the regulator is bad.
Unread 01-28-2015, 03:48 PM   #10
losttech

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Short form.
He drove into a ditch and messed up the front end, then drove it 450 miles before getting it fixed.

Insurance paid for the damage.

Now it needs a fuel pressure regulator and it's the insurance companies fault the regulator is bad.
Well he drove 450 miles because they were in the middle of nowhere hunting.
the truck never had a problem running before or after the accident.

the first time he went to pick up the truck the front end was still out of whack and he had to leave it and running fine.

2nd time more issues had to leave it running fine.

3rd time not running hardly at all blowing smoke

So I have to come to the conclusion that they broke something as sometimes happens when working on stuff.
they tried to sell him a bunch of extra stuff ontop on the insurance he refused and the last time to get the car by magic its not running.

sorry they messed it up they need to fix it.

I know this is off topic but does deal with dealership issues and we should be wary when dealing with these guys most of them just want your money not your business they want a fat check and don't care if they see you again.
I check the yelp page for them and there are tons of the same complaints of them adding stuff and saying it was broken before when there was no issue.
Unread Yesterday, 02:18 AM   #11
Indy

Every part that fails has to fail somewhere. My gc always started fine, one day i parked at the mall, came out and it needed a new starter. It wasn't the malls fault. Correlation and causation, 2 different things.

In any case insurance paid for the wreck which is what they're for. Failed parts, either warranty or out of pocket, is not insurances role.

If he thinks it has been tampered with take it to a different shop to verify. If i honestly believed that a shop was sabotaging my vehicle they would be the last place i would let continue working on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.