Insurance Ideas - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Insurance Ideas

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 07-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
Marine031
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Insurance Ideas

I've been wondering what others have been doing regarding insurance policies on jeeps that are used maybe a few times a month. I feel i may be paying too much for a vehicle i no longer commute with. I have a good rate thats full coverage, but considering it sits most days now there has to be a better plan. I welcome any ideas, opinions or experiences. Thanks!

Marine031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
pushead

You can always declare it in storage and pay a lower rate. However if you do drive it and get in an accident you will have the minimum coverage available. That is how mine is insured with USAA. However mine lives in the garage most of the time. I just drive it if another vehicle is down or to keep things from rotting.
Unread 07-17-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome

1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

just keep liability on it
AKABOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
Indy

Is there a loan on it? Reducing coverage may not even be an options. All my stuff is fee and clear, liability only except my dd.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #5
bobjp

I have liability only for $500 per year.
Unread 07-17-2014, 06:30 PM   #6
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine031 View Post
I've been wondering what others have been doing regarding insurance policies on jeeps that are used maybe a few times a month. I feel i may be paying too much for a vehicle i no longer commute with. I have a good rate thats full coverage, but considering it sits most days now there has to be a better plan. I welcome any ideas, opinions or experiences. Thanks!
Call your insurance company, they will answer those questions pretty readily. I have a mustang I almost never drive, and I just have full coverage on it for 4 months out of the year. Then I have storage insurance the rest of the year.

It gets tricky when you might drive it in any given month. If they let you suspend coverage, you'd be calling them and putting it back on whenever you wanted to drive it. That would suck.
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2014, 03:07 PM   #7
Marine031
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks gents.
Marine031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2014, 07:53 PM   #8
gregstudeny
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Progressive has an option for this sort of thing.
gregstudeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2014, 07:54 AM   #9
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Find a smaller insurance company the major companies charge an arm and leg. I was paying 230mo with State Farm for full coverage on both of my jeeps and homeowners. I switched to bear river mutual and my monthly payment dropped to 105 month for the same coverage and deductibles.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.