I'm Ugly. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > I'm Ugly.

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 12-15-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

I'm Ugly.

I think I was once a decent-looking guy. I worked out. I had pecs. I'm tall.

But, something that has been growing in the back of my mind has become painfully clear this week; I'm ugly.

I'm skinny and fat at the same damn time. What's left of my pecs are starting to get that pudgy area around the nipple. My six pack has turned into a six pack cooler and I can see a keg forming if I don't do something. My shoulders look like they belong on a 14 year old girl. My forearms are scrawny and my biceps are nonexistant. And I have the *** of a young chinese girl.

What I'm saying is, it's really time to get serious about getting back in shape. I feel like crap, which makes me not want to work out, which makes me feel like crap.

Alright guys, if you look in the mirror and see a doughier you staring back, get with me on this and let's get our asses back in shape.

It's good for us, and it makes our wives have to put forth more effort when they think the other ladies are looking.

We can do it!

CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.

Last edited by jeepsarecool; 12-15-2007 at 04:06 PM..
jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2007, 02:53 PM   #2
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Your woman is smoking hot, so you must be doing something right.
Unread 12-15-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch
Your woman is smoking hot, so you must be doing something right.

I got her before I was ugly. That's key.

Unread 12-15-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hmm x2^^

What does she think of you?
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #5
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo Deere
Hmm x2^^

What does she think of you?

She says she thinks I'm handsome. But, I also tell her that her boobs look as good as they did before the kid.

I'm just sayin'.

Unread 12-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #6
RockWoRM
Don't Fear the Jeeper

1992 YJ Wrangler 

If U think its bad now... wait until U hit your forty's! then from there it goes down hill even faster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2007, 03:22 PM   #7
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsarecool
She says she thinks I'm handsome. But, I also tell her that her boobs look as good as they did before the kid.

I'm just sayin'.
Send me pics of both, I'll let you know if they really do.
Unread 12-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #8
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch
Send me pics of both, I'll let you know if they really do.
I'll be the judge. Besides, I've posted plenty of pics of her on here for you pervs.

They're close, but there's some difference. I'm not complaining. I'm just pointing out that we're not always honest with our significant others.

The real point of this thread is, I'm out of shape and I feel like **** because of it. I've got to get back on a good routine.

Unread 12-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #9
hilhil45

Start posting on JF while standing up. No more sitting, ever.
Unread 12-15-2007, 03:49 PM   #10
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilhil45
Start posting on JF while standing up. No more sitting, ever.

Maybe I could post while jogging in place?

Working second shift isn't doing much to help my doughy physique either.

Unread 12-15-2007, 03:49 PM   #11
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsarecool
I'll be the judge. Besides, I've posted plenty of pics of her on here for you pervs.

They're close, but there's some difference. I'm not complaining. I'm just pointing out that we're not always honest with our significant others.

The real point of this thread is, I'm out of shape and I feel like **** because of it. I've got to get back on a good routine.
I'm with you man, domestication has got the worst of me too. In the ten years since I've left the army, I've gone from 180 pounds with 6 or 7% body fat, able to run 5 miles in a half hour to being 200 pounds with 6 or 7% body muscle, unable to a half mile in 5 hours. I keep threatening to get off my *** and do something about it, but I'm having a hard time finding the motivation.
Unread 12-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #12
dogbluedrummer
Trust me....

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've been hitting the gym 3-5 days per week now for the past 6 weeks. I feel a lot better, but I still have a lot of pudge. Damn thta beer is hard to burn off.

I just weighed myself this morning for the first time in 2 weeks - lost 10.5 pounds. Woohoo. I weighed again tonight and it said tht the 10 is still there, and I gained 2 more pounds.
Stupid friggin electronic scales.
Everything I need to fix on the heep: ABS indicator, speed 4 on the blower fan, torn softop over driver's head, both seat release/tilt cables, missing center cap on spare, broken under hood light, wire up the CB, wiring problem with the reverse lights, broken bottle jack, leaky front and rear pinion seals, loose trackbar relocation bracket, torn drivers seat on the side, broken center console lock, lost nuts for door hinges, squeaking centering ball, loose parking brake cable, oil change and rotate the tires.
My build threadhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/free-wife-good-home-pics-included-528892/
dogbluedrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #13
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

My advice.... find some sort of activity that you enjoy. Jogging? Lifting? Martial arts? Riding bikes? Walking? Just find something that will be at least moderately enjoyable to get out and do. The more you dread the activity, the harder it is to get the gumption up to do it.

Hot wives rock
ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2007, 06:18 PM   #14
Haik
supaJEEP

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Alrighty, here's what I did:

Started long walks. Took 30 min after lunch and 30 min before dinner to take brisk walks. It puts you in the state of mind that you're spending time to improve yourself, which is a key element in my self-made program.

The walk after lunch will start to force you to cut down your portions. You'll find a brisk walk with a full stomach can become a painful experience.

The walk before dinner serves as a lesson learned for the lunch blunder. Doing this afternoon exercise on an empty stomach becomes key later on.

Now that you've begun spending quality time during your day walking for the purpose of getting in shape, when you sit down to eat, you'll have already begun reprogramming your mind to make healthier choices, so that you're not just throwing away the 1 hour a day spent exercising.

DIET IS KEY!

It takes 3500 calories to burn a pound of fat. The human body needs about 2200 calories a day, any more and you're going to fat storage, any less and you're at a calorie deficet, which is what you want to lose weight. Compound the healthy, calorie deficet diet with a bit of walking and you're on your way to losing weight. Drink water, only water, all the time every day.

You grow impatient... this is good. Use it!

Take longer walks, do a few chin-ups, or 1. (took me 4 months to go from 1/2 a chinup to 10). Turn your afternoon walk into a walk/jog, where you walk for a bit, jog for a bit, and continue alternating at your leisure.

Start reading a bit more on healthy foods. Complex carbs, what not to eat no matter what!! (Mc D's, ect).

I started my own diet as per the above about 6 months ago, I've lost 25lbs as per the scale, but knowing myself, my arms, chest and back are stronger and bigger, my jean size went from 40 to 34. I have a lot more energy.

Everyone KNOWS what a healthy diet is, we have this info forced on us daily. USE that knowledge. There are no secrets to losing weight, just facts.

It took you months to put on unwanted weight. It's going to take equal or longer to take it off. I've made these adjustments to my life and allowed TIME to do the rest. Be patient and let the pounds melt away over the weeks. Only weigh yourself once a week, your weight can change by 8lbs just on water intake alone, up or down (+/- 4lbs).

I've gone from 246 to 219 pounds. I don't stress. Every couple days I kick up to a run while on my walks. It feels good whereas a few months ago it sucked.

Last bit of advise, pick up some sporty cloths. An IPOD, anything to motivate you and get you a little pumped about going outside. Nike Dry Fit socks are great for preventing blisters, I know that first hand.

Hope that helps. By the end of February I'll be near my goal of 200lbs, a weight i have not been since high school 14 years ago. I'll then change my routine to include high amounts of protien and more weight lifting to build up a nice solid healthy body.

I don't want to post pics, but if you guys need the motivation, let me know, I'll show you my system works.

What is my system? Common sence and will power.

Good luck all!

-SOLD- White Jeep Club Member #8675309

Rubicon Express 5.5" Long Arm Lift Kit - Advance Adapters SYE w/ Custom driveshaft
35" SuperSwamper Boggers - SMF rear bumper w/ swingout tire carrier
Cobra 75 WX ST - Firestick II 5' - PIAA 520 - PIAA 525 - 488 Gears - Detroit Locker
SMF front
bumper w/ bull bar - Warn 9500ti winch
Haik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #15
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

You remind me of myself. I got out of school at 170 went to work, gained to 200 and now I am 180-190 and 5'8 or 5'9. I have noticed some pudginess building up. I need to do something but font know what. I really enjoy swimming but have bad ears and its cold out.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.