I'm slightly alarmed... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > I'm slightly alarmed...

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-24-2003, 09:55 PM   #1
thunderkiss_66

I'm slightly alarmed...

This has nothing to do with Jeeps, but you guys are like my second family so I thought you oughta know. I just heard a VERY ALARMING sound right outside my window. THERE IT IS AGAIN!!!!! It sounds like a cross between a large bird and a monkey screaming! And I live WAY out in the boonies deep in woods reputed by many(including me) to be frequented by some pretty freaky supernatural *****! I won't get into any stories right now(will take too long and some might be too graphic for younger readers!) Not to worry though. My good ol' buddy Lee-Enfield will protect me (smiles and strokes rifle lovingly). THERE IT IS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man, this is freaking me out. So, uh, would anyone like to come stay at my house tonight, heh heh(read: SAFETY IN NUMBERS)?

Daily Driver

1943 Willys MB
Multi Color Rust/White/Blue/Black/Olive
No Top
[b]STILL RUNS!![/b]

[b][color=darkred]BROWN[/color] JEEP CLUB MEMBER #1[/b]

"Does dirt count as an accessory?"
thunderkiss_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 09:59 PM   #2
STUCKINMUD
2000 WJ 

NOISE

Hey, i lived in the boonies in maryland for a while and hear something like a female screaming / turned out to be a fox. that might be what you are hearing
STUCKINMUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 10:07 PM   #3
thunderkiss_66

THEREITISAAGGAAIINNN!!!!! Closer now though! The dogs are really freaking out too! NOT a fox I'm pretty sure! Thanks anyway for the attempt to console me. A WEIRD KINDA SICK LOW MEWLING SOUND TOO!!!!! NOT A CAT EITHER!! OHMIGODOHMIGODOHMIGODOHMIGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Daily Driver

1943 Willys MB
No Top
[b]STILL RUNS!![/b]

Unread 02-24-2003, 10:33 PM   #4
thunderkiss_66

OK, I'm not dead yet, but neither is it. Sounds like strange whispering sounds. Kinda scratching around every now and then too. Maybe in a minute I'll be manly and go outside to confront it. YEAH RIGHT!!!!! Why would I do something rediculous like that!?! I'll just sleep with my gun tonight....
Daily Driver

1943 Willys MB
No Top
[b]STILL RUNS!![/b]

Unread 02-24-2003, 10:41 PM   #5
thunderkiss_66

May be Sasquatch......yeah. I should get a cameraWWOOAHH!! a moth just landed on my shoulder and scared the BEJEEZUS out of me!! So, any of you know if any of those Sasquatch buggers are known to bang around here in Georgia??..............All quiet.....too quiet.....getting worried now(like I wasn't before!)
Daily Driver

1943 Willys MB
No Top
[b]STILL RUNS!![/b]

Unread 02-24-2003, 10:48 PM   #6
Quan

get a big *** flood light.. or one of those halogen worklights and hook it up to an extention cord... swing open the door and stand back like a coward, then start moving out, check on the sides of the house... if your dogs are still barking then you know its not out to kill you... its probably one of your own dogs!!!!!! LOL anywyas... go out there.. tell us what ya see.

[b][COLOR=green]Green[/color] Jeep Club Member #15[/b]
[b]My Jeep Made Me Broke Club Member #2[/b]

93 YJ I-6 w/ stuff

Keep the [COLOR=blue]greasy[/color] side down
[URL=http://members.cox.net/quanno/ford88.html]FORD 8.8 INFO HERE![/URL]
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 10:49 PM   #7
97sahara

I was back home in VA over christmas and heard the EXACT same thing!!! It freaked me and my dog out I tell ya what. That was a sleepless night. I survived, though....... guns are always a good idea, tho. Keep yo dog in, too; no need to have him run off and squished by a sasquatch. (jk).
Good luck, I hear big foot are good eatin'
97sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 11:03 PM   #8
thunderkiss_66

Heh, heh, good story 97sahara. You know what I'm talking about then! Allright Quan, I don't have a flood light handy so I turned on my wussy porch light and peeked around like a pansy, white knuckle death-grip on my gun. Nothing seen. Couldn't have been a dog. They're chained up on the other side of the house. Oh well. YEAH YEAH, come back again and I'll show YOU what for!!!!HA HA, PANSY!! I'll take you on man-o a man-o, BARE FISTS I tell ya'!!!!! Ok I better stop before it hears me !!!! Thanks for some comfort guys.
Daily Driver

1943 Willys MB
No Top
[b]STILL RUNS!![/b]

Last edited by thunderkiss_66; 02-24-2003 at 11:09 PM..
Unread 02-24-2003, 11:14 PM   #9
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

Probably a group of those stinking EARTH FIRSTers practicing the mating call of the rare southern fairy shrimp. Be careful they don't see your firearm, as this will cause the dreaded "PETA picket" syndrome. This is a rare mass gathering of hairy unwashed naked humans carying signs telling you that you are murdering trees and have enslaved your dog. There is only one recourse. You must strap that 12 point prize white tail rack to your head, tie the bearskin rug to your body and CHARGE!!!!!!!!!
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 11:25 PM   #10
thunderkiss_66

Heh, Heh.....CHARGE!!!!!!!!! I bet it was those tree buggers. They should COME BACK, bring Sasquatch and the shrimp-fairy-whatever too!!!! I'll take ALL OF 'EM!!!!!!! Show them some "PETA picket". And I DARE 'em to say something about my gun collection(a rather outstanding one too, if I should say so myself, eight in all )!! OR my dogs!! They probably wouldn't be too happy about the menagerie of oil-leaking air-polluters I've got congregating in my driveway either !!!!! Maybe thats why they stopped by in the first place .....
Daily Driver

1943 Willys MB
No Top
[b]STILL RUNS!![/b]

Last edited by thunderkiss_66; 02-24-2003 at 11:40 PM..
Unread 02-25-2003, 09:59 AM   #11
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by jeepdaddy2000
Probably a group of those stinking EARTH FIRSTers practicing the mating call of the rare southern fairy shrimp. Be careful they don't see your firearm, as this will cause the dreaded "PETA picket" syndrome. This is a rare mass gathering of hairy unwashed naked humans carying signs telling you that you are murdering trees and have enslaved your dog. There is only one recourse. You must strap that 12 point prize white tail rack to your head, tie the bearskin rug to your body and CHARGE!!!!!!!!!
PETA??? Is that the "People Eating Tasty Animals" group? If so, that's a great group to be part of!

"I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to become a vegitarian"

"All animals have the right to be seasoned, cooked well, and served on my plate"
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.