I'm addicted to soda. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > I'm addicted to soda.

Trailing Arms!JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 10-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #16
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I stick to water and milk.

Good teeth, good health (haven't been to the Dr. in ten years), never get sick, I usually feel pretty damn good.

No idea if soda would change that or not. I just don't like the idea of a liquid eating away at my enamel and stomach so I don't drink much of it.

If I had gnarly headaches I'd probably do whatever it took to make them disappear. But if you just drink soda to drink soda and want to quit, then quit. Drink something else, deal with the side effects, and move on. Smokers experience the same thing and plenty of people beat it.

Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #17
robtco99
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I used to be heavily addicted to energy drinks and pop a few years ago when I had a third shift job. I would get really bad caffeine headaches/migraines to the point where I couldn't see straight when I didn't have caffeine. I have replaced the energy drinks and pop with one cup of hot tea or coffee a day at work and that gives me my caffeine fix.
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #18
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-90 View Post
Diet soda? You mean, the stuff with aspartame? Breaks down into formaldehyde in the body?
Quote:
Originally Posted by V65Ozzie View Post
Dude, I do about 3 12 packs or Diet MT dew a week
At least when you die they wont have to embalm you.

I drink too much pop and need to quit. I can do it cold turkey and have before it's just that I can't stand water....
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #19
schvilktus

Last few years I was too fat. I wasn't "obese" but heavier than necessary. Doc told me I needed to drop about 25 lbs. During that time, I was stopping to get a big 32 oz diet drink of some sort on the way to work every morning. I stopped drinking those (swapped for black coffee) and made a couple minimal changes to my diet and the lbs started melting off without any exercising. I'm honestly convinced those damn diet drinks make you fat as bad or worse than the normal ones. I still enjoy a coke here and there, but I drink the real ones, and only a couple a week tops. I've lost a total of about 30 lbs after saying goodbye to those fizzy bastards.

1986 CJ-7 Laredo. 4" Superlift, 33x12.50s, one piece axles, T-5, D300, AMC 20, Jasper stage-1 258 I-6, Howell TBI, DUI ignition, Luk ProGold Performance clutch, Red w/ black hard top, one sexy cornfed boy behind the wheel.
schvilktus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #20
Lovemachine
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I drink 1.5-2 gallons of water a day. After a workout, I'll drink a 1/2 bottle of Gatorade.

I'll drink soda every once a day. Honestly, after eating healthy for so long, my system can't take sugar and caffeine.

I lost 50lbs this summer. All by eating healthy and lifting weights, and riding my TREK bicycle.
Lovemachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #21
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

i stopped drinking soda 3 months ago and im still gaining weight

could be from the 5 lbs of sugar i use a week for my tea but im not sure
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 01:31 AM   #22
Hurley91

Subsitute pop for Gatoraid or something a bit heathier. You'll have to deal with the headaches for a little bit, but your body will adjust. Have you talked to your doctor about this?
Unread 10-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #23
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
i stopped drinking soda 3 months ago and im still gaining weight

could be from the 5 lbs of sugar i use a week for my tea but im not sure
If you really, really need to sweeten your tea (I don't) use agave nectar.

My kidneys hurt bad in the morning if I drank soda the day before. I talked to a doctor and he said it was the amount of caffeine. Stopped drinking soda, and the pain stopped. Now I stick to 7up, Sprite, or Root Beers because they don't have caffeine.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #24
NHYJ4213
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm addicted to jeeps
NHYJ4213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #25
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky2252s View Post
If you really, really need to sweeten your tea (I don't) use agave nectar.

My kidneys hurt bad in the morning if I drank soda the day before. I talked to a doctor and he said it was the amount of caffeine. Stopped drinking soda, and the pain stopped. Now I stick to 7up, Sprite, or Root Beers because they don't have caffeine.
ill give it a try thanks
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #26
allhaileris
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Aspartame poisoning is an internet myth. "Sports drinks" are not much better for you than soda unless you're a heavy exercising athlete. They are loaded with sugar and carbs, far more than any non-exercising person could ever need. Fruit juice is cram packed with sugar.

Plain old water is the best thing you can drink. to of an ounce of water each day for each pound you weigh. So a 180-pound person should ideally consume 90 - 135 ounces of water each day, ideally 8-10 ounces per hour for max absorption by the body.

Of course most of us will never make those goals. Is having 24-36 ounces of your daily water intake in the form of diet soda something to be alarmed about? I don't think so. There's a study or two that link diet soda to obesity, but diet soda does not cause obesity. People who struggle with obesity tend to be greater consumers of diet soda is all, and they tend to justify greater consumption of food because they drink diet soda. They tell themselves it's ok to have the double Whopper combo, just get it with a diet drink. Or they feel justified in eating extra Oreos because they switched to diet soda. Some are closet eaters and hide their consumption of what makes them obese.

Just don't let it get out of hand. I know people who drink almost NOTHING but soft drinks, diet and otherwise. Bad teeth, bad skin, premature aging of the face, stiff joints, desiccated spinal discs...there are problems when you don't drink enough crisp clean water.
allhaileris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.