I'll have a Whooper, lg fries and.....Bud Light? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > I'll have a Whooper, lg fries and.....Bud Light?

Happy Thursday! From Morris 4X4 CenterHalloween Savings to die for!THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 01-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #31
cmvash
1973 CJ5 

O' rly?

cmvash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 11:47 PM   #32
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I finiSh everything.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. It’s a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, we’re a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 08:31 AM   #33
Woodsy

Boy that took a long time. Got a little off topic there and finally some people get back to the matter at hand.
Cut member club member #1

Arizona Jeep Club Member #8

Jeeps don't have IFS.
Woodsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #34
Rob99
You come back...one year!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Like I said, it is not the responsibility of the place selling the alcohol to make sure you don't drink and drive and risk peoples' life, it is the responsibility of the person buying the alcohol.
Really? Then why are there laws and why have people successfully sued bars and bartenders for overserving them?
Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 08:53 AM   #35
Rob99

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Last time I check, every member of society over 21 (and even ones under) has the choice to (not) drink and drive. It has been in the hands of the everyone single person since vehicles where invited.

I just want to make it clear that I don't support drunk driving.
...and the last time I checked, drinking and driving still happens and innocent people are still being killed. We don't need to make alcohol available in fast food establishments where the average time you spend there is MUCH MUCH less than the average time you would spend in a bar or in a restaurant.
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #36
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Really? Then why are there laws and why have people successfully sued bars and bartenders for overserving them?
I stand by what I said. It is like the lady who sued McDonalds because she spilt hot coffee on her lap and got burns from hot coffee. Americans sue for stupid stuff and win all the time.

It is your responsibility to be smart about what you do, not everyone else. Just another of how people can't take responsibility for their own actions.

Quote:
...and the last time I checked, drinking and driving still happens and innocent people are still being killed. We don't need to make alcohol available in fast food establishments where the average time you spend there is MUCH MUCH less than the average time you would spend in a bar or in a restaurant.
There are fast food restaurants all around me that serve alcohol already, it is not this is something new.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:10 AM   #37
Rob99

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I stand by what I said. It is like the lady who sued McDonalds because she spilt hot coffee on her lap and got burns from hot coffee. Americans sue for stupid stuff and win all the time.

It is your responsibility to be smart about what you do, not everyone else. Just another of how people can't take responsibility for their own actions..
Just because you believe something to be true doesn't mean that it is.

I completely agree that if a person spills coffee on themselves it's not the restaurant's fault but that's not what happens in real life. They sue and they win.

Quote:
There are fast food restaurants all around me that serve alcohol already, it is not this is something new.
So you have no problem with the Rhodes Scholars who work at Burger King to be responsible for checking ID's and dispensing alcohol?
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #38
Rob99

2003 TJ Wrangler 

By the way....what the hell is a Whooper?
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #39
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
So you have no problem with the Rhodes Scholars who work at Burger King to be responsible for checking ID's and dispensing alcohol?
Yes, I could see that being a problem but I could see them going to a system where it scans the ID to make sure it is real. Some bars locally have this.

I know I am putting a lot of faith on a BK employee but... I hope they could check a date. Highly doubtful though.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 01-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #40
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
By the way....what the hell is a Whooper?

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 01-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #41
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
And you could potentially spend even less time in the package store or grocery store and walk out with way more alcohol than a cup of beer at BK. What's your point?

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #42
Rob99

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes, I could see that being a problem but I could see them going to a system where it scans the ID to make sure it is real. Some bars locally have this.

I know I am putting a lot of faith on a BK employee but... I hope they could check a date. Highly doubtful though.
[YT]r8aur-j9iCs[/YT]
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #43
Rob99

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
And you could potentially spend even less time in the package store or grocery store and walk out with way more alcohol than a cup of beer at BK. What's your point?
My point is when you go to an actual restaurant and order a meal and a beer, you'd spend more time there and the alcohol would have more time to work through your system than it would eating a 5 minute meal at a fast food restaurant.

When you order a beer with a meal, people with common sense would assume it's being purchased to eat with the meal. When you go to the grocery store to buy a 6 pack, a person with common sense would assume it's being purchased to take home not consumed in the parking lot. Although i'm sure that does happen.
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:37 AM   #44
Rob99

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's a Whopper. I asked what's a whooper.
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #45
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

A whooper is someone who dishes out the punishment when you have been bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.