I'll have a Whooper, lg fries and.....Bud Light? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > I'll have a Whooper, lg fries and.....Bud Light?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Reply
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #16
GraKee99
Rapist Wit
 
GraKee99's Avatar
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Basalt, Colorado
Posts: 9,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUGGE View Post
I know its peoples responsibility but people do it enough and they get ****y, then accidents happen. Besides, isn't illegal to drink and drive? or was it just implied during drivers training?
I am not disagreeing with you on that, I understand drunk driving is very serious and dangerous. I am just saying, if you are against a place like Burger King serving beer, are you against restaurants and bars serving it? The exact same thing can happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdywglr4x4 View Post
Putting something like not drinking and driving in the hands of the general public is just terrible. In this country it is just asking for problems. Now serving beer at Burger King? roflmao
Last time I check, every member of society over 21 (and even ones under) has the choice to (not) drink and drive. It has been in the hands of the everyone single person since vehicles where invited.


I just want to make it clear that I don't support drunk driving.

__________________
Brian

WJ, WK, CJ5


Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #17
RedHotChiliDog
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NAS Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
I am not disagreeing with you on that, I understand drunk driving is very serious and dangerous. I am just saying, if you are against a place like Burger King serving beer, are you against restaurants and bars serving it? The exact same thing can happen.



Last time I check, every member of society over 21 (and even ones under) has the choice to (not) drink and drive. It has been in the hands of the everyone single person since vehicles where invited.


I just want to make it clear that I don't support drunk driving.
Not exactly, because yes there are restaurants that have take out, but last time I checked, not even hooters has a drive thru window! When people can get food and a beer in under 5 minutes without even thinking about it, something bad will happen. Whereas with restaurants with take out, you have to call ahead, so you still have some time to think about it, besides I don't even think they allow you to take beer with your takeout.
RedHotChiliDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #18
KevLaredo
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Hill, Tennessee
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Still a terrible argument because you could come from the beach and stop at a regular restaurant, get some beers and be drunk.

It is peoples' responsibility to be smart about drinking and then choosing whether or not to drive, it is not the fault of the place that sells the alcohol.
x2
__________________
-97 XJ Cherokee Sport. Bone Stock. Inline 6, selec-trac and factory tow package with Chrysler 8.25 Rear. ▀ lllllll ▀
-98 White ZJ Grand Cherokee Laredo. 3.5" Rough Country Lift, Manik Brush guard, Hella 500 Fogs, 31x10.50x15 Cepek Crushers, K&N cold air intake, 4.0L I6, Cobra CB. SOLD
KevLaredo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #19
GraKee99
Rapist Wit
 
GraKee99's Avatar
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Basalt, Colorado
Posts: 9,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUGGE View Post
Not exactly, because yes there are restaurants that have take out, but last time I checked, not even hooters has a drive thru window! When people can get food and a beer in under 5 minutes without even thinking about it, something bad will happen. Whereas with restaurants with take out, you have to call ahead, so you still have some time to think about it, besides I don't even think they allow you to take beer with your takeout.
Last time I checked, liquor stores have drive thru windows. You can get a case of beer in under 5 minutes.
__________________
Brian

WJ, WK, CJ5


Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #20
RedHotChiliDog
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NAS Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Last time I checked, liquor stores have drive thru windows. You can get a case of beer in under 5 minutes.
well Im basically only 17 so I guess I wouldn't know about that much! The only point that Im trying to make is that with fast food chains serving alcohol now, drunk driving will most likely get worse.
RedHotChiliDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #21
GraKee99
Rapist Wit
 
GraKee99's Avatar
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Basalt, Colorado
Posts: 9,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUGGE View Post
well Im basically only 17 so I guess I wouldn't know about that much! The only point that Im trying to make is that with fast food chains serving alcohol now, drunk driving will most likely get worse.
Lets think of this in a regular situations. How long do you spend in McDonalds? 20 minutes to get food and eat. If you get drunk in that amount of time or hang out at McDonalds to get drunk, chances are pretty good that this would not be the first or last you have driven drunk.

And it is illegal to have open containers in a vehicle anyways, so this would mean that you would have to wait to get to a place such as home to drink the beer. Will this happen every time, no but it is the law.

Like I said, it is not the responsibility of the place selling the alcohol to make sure you don't drink and drive and risk peoples' life, it is the responsibility of the person buying the alcohol.
__________________
Brian

WJ, WK, CJ5


Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #22
cmvash
Registered User
1973 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North West Arkansas
Posts: 454
If you get hammered from eating a burger and fries with a watery beery, you don't deserve to drive or be in the gene pool. You don't go to a ****ing fast food joint to get drunk.

As GraKee99 pointed out, you can roll by a liquor store drive thru and grab a 40oz bottle of malt liquor and take off on the road.

I don't have a problem with this, though I'm not a fan of BK's menu.
cmvash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #23
Grape Ape
Web Wanker
 
Grape Ape's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Everywhere and nowhere all at once.
Posts: 1,177
I don't see the problem with it. The issue I see is that in many states a person under the age of 21 can't handle alcohol. They have to have someone 21 and over come over and ring up the booze and bag it and the under 21 does the rest of the stuff (grocery stores). I have been in some Burger kings and McDonalds where the oldest person was only 18-19. So I could see that being an issue.

The second issue is with open container laws. If the beer is served in a bottle or can and left unopened until the purchaser gets home then there is no issue. If the bottle is opened by the employee and handed to the buyer then it is an immediate open container violation. If it is sold as a draft and put into a regular cup there again it is an open container violation.

I can see where they are trying to change the image of the restaurant but adding beer to the menu of a fast food style restaurant is, IMHO, not the best way to do it.
__________________
The Final Salute


EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #24
PITBULL1967
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UTAH
Posts: 546
Sounds delicious, as far as the driving drunk issue. I can drink about 4 bud lights and not feel a thing... But thats just me.
PITBULL1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #25
mdywglr4x4
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 454
What I am saying is as a whole the United States is lazy. Fast Food blew up because it is 'too hard' or 'takes too long' to make a far healthier meal at your house. So people like to go load up on the trans fats, the grease, the fatty red meat etc at their local fast food restaurant.

Now we add on top of that beer... awesome. So not only did you get the Big Mac value meal, supersized of course with a beer. Awesome. 1500 calories topped off with a load of carbs in a beer.

You can argue over the promoting drunk driving and eateries serve beer and blah blah blah. I am simply saying it from a health stand point. It is just plain bad.

I am biased and I will admit it. I am 26 and have never been drunk and I don't drink at all. I grew up in a household that my parents would have wine, beer or whatever with dinner. I have tried it all and it all taste like crap. I don't have the desire to drink and something like this just promotes more unhealthy behavior in my opinion. Take your bag of 1500 calories loaded with garbage and don't forget your beer.
__________________
*2000 TJ* - Long Arms - Big Tires - Chrome Shafts - Locked and loaded + Body Armor
*1988 325iS* - Coils - 24v Swap - Sways - Road Warrior
mdywglr4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #26
cmvash
Registered User
1973 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North West Arkansas
Posts: 454
And you think those supersized cokes that come with the combo meal are healthier?
cmvash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #27
Grape Ape
Web Wanker
 
Grape Ape's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Everywhere and nowhere all at once.
Posts: 1,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdywglr4x4 View Post
What I am saying is as a whole the United States is lazy. Fast Food blew up because it is 'too hard' or 'takes too long' to make a far healthier meal at your house. So people like to go load up on the trans fats, the grease, the fatty red meat etc at their local fast food restaurant.

Now we add on top of that beer... awesome. So not only did you get the Big Mac value meal, supersized of course with a beer. Awesome. 1500 calories topped off with a load of carbs in a beer.

You can argue over the promoting drunk driving and eateries serve beer and blah blah blah. I am simply saying it from a health stand point. It is just plain bad.

I am biased and I will admit it. I am 26 and have never been drunk and I don't drink at all. I grew up in a household that my parents would have wine, beer or whatever with dinner. I have tried it all and it all taste like crap. I don't have the desire to drink and something like this just promotes more unhealthy behavior in my opinion. Take your bag of 1500 calories loaded with garbage and don't forget your beer.
Thanks in advance for taking care of yourself and eating healthy. Someone is going to have to be healthy and working hard to pay for my healthcare when my Burger king eating beer drinking old wore out body finally ends up in the hospital to have all my arteries unclogged and replace all my organs on the governments health plan so I can go out and do it again.
__________________
The Final Salute


EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #28
mdywglr4x4
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmvash View Post
And you think those supersized cokes that come with the combo meal are healthier?
It is actually quite humorous because a good 90% get "Diet" Coke when they get the supersized soda. Ever notice all the people at the gas station filling up their 128oz '69 cent refill' and they seem to always be getting the "Diet" soda.

Neither is healthy. The country needs to be weaned off the fast food somehow. I am very against a 'nanny state' but you drive down main street during lunch and every fast food joint has a line in the drive thru... no one is at the lettuce surprise you which is 7 bucks all you can eat salad bar.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
Thanks in advance for taking care of yourself and eating healthy. Someone is going to have to be healthy and working hard to pay for my healthcare when my Burger king eating beer drinking old wore out body finally ends up in the hospital to have all my arteries unclogged and replace all my organs on the governments health plan so I can go out and do it again.
Don't even get me started. I am not even a 'health guru' cutting out everything. I enjoy a good burger, I enjoy a good queso dip, I enjoy a soda every so often. I do however spent 5 out of 7 days in the gym. I intentionally try to avoid fast food, deep friend stuff(can't resist sometimes) but the stuff that I know and has been proven to not be good I just try to steer clear. I fail sometimes but no one is perfect. If you want a beer with your big mac have at it. I just don't think it is the best idea. I am not for some nanny state telling you what to eat and drink and when.
__________________
*2000 TJ* - Long Arms - Big Tires - Chrome Shafts - Locked and loaded + Body Armor
*1988 325iS* - Coils - 24v Swap - Sways - Road Warrior
mdywglr4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #29
cmvash
Registered User
1973 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North West Arkansas
Posts: 454
But it's diet! It has to be healthy!

Just like light beers are 'healthier'
cmvash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:47 PM   #30
USMC_XJ
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 1,641
You People are alcoholics.

And apparently don't know how to finish something.
__________________
1994 Cherokee Sport - 4.0 HO - AW4 - 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99
The next time you want to tell a story but not get people's opinions, rather than post it on an internet forum, open up Microsoft Word, type your story there, then click on the little X in the top right corner and then hit yourself in the head with a sledge hammer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat
If he finds the yj section im putting round headlights on mine.
USMC_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.