I'll have a Whooper, lg fries and.....Bud Light? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > I'll have a Whooper, lg fries and.....Bud Light?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Reply
Unread 01-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
hoosier724
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 1,037
I'll have a Whooper, lg fries and.....Bud Light?

NewsOK

__________________
'03 TJ Sport,Light Tan Metallic,, Superlift 4" with BFG 33x12.5x15

Honk if you love Jesus...text while driving if you want to meet him!
hoosier724 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
KHoff90
Registered User
2001  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: , California via Maryland
Posts: 964
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/go...d-idea-955152/
__________________
1997 ZJ 4.0 - IRO 3.5" Lift. 31x10.5x15 M/Ts - Sold January 2011 :(

PSN: KHoff128
KHoff90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
1996BlackXJ
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,754
That's Really cool
__________________
-Max Black 1996 XJ Build Thread: My Maine-iac XJ part deux
4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
mdywglr4x4
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 454
Wow this is great... add beer to the menu in the Fast Food nation. What a horrible idea.
__________________
*2000 TJ* - Long Arms - Big Tires - Chrome Shafts - Locked and loaded + Body Armor
*1988 325iS* - Coils - 24v Swap - Sways - Road Warrior
mdywglr4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
Timothy_90
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Louisville Kentucky
Posts: 443
Thats how it is at many locations in Europe. I went to a McDonalds in Italy that had a full service bar right next to the McDonalds counter.
Timothy_90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
Reswob
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,838
Walk-up window
__________________
'08 Triumph Bonneville Black ~ Café Racer

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
RedHotChiliDog
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NAS Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 522
I realize they do this in Europe (along with the drinking age at 16) but I thought in America we are trying to prevent drunk driving, not encourage it!
RedHotChiliDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #8
GraKee99
Rapist Wit
 
GraKee99's Avatar
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Basalt, Colorado
Posts: 9,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUGGE View Post
I realize they do this in Europe (along with the drinking age at 16) but I thought in America we are trying to prevent drunk driving, not encourage it!
Yes, because including 1 beer in a combo will get you drunk.

And really, if that is your argument, then no restaurant should serve alcohol and there should be no bars.
__________________
Brian

WJ, WK, CJ5


Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #9
RedHotChiliDog
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NAS Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Yes, because including 1 beer in a combo will get you drunk.

And really, if that is your argument, then no restaurant should serve alcohol and there should be no bars.
Never said one beer gets people drunk, but think about it. Lets say you just came from a beach party or something and you had a few beers there. But you are still hungry and thirsty. so next thing you know you go to mcdonalds for a big mac with a large labatts! In some cases this can add up quickly.
RedHotChiliDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
kale2s
Registered User
1988 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: arkansas
Posts: 141
YEs that is really cool.
__________________
88' XJ - Trail Rig
00' TJ - Sold
kale2s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:07 PM   #11
GraKee99
Rapist Wit
 
GraKee99's Avatar
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Basalt, Colorado
Posts: 9,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUGGE View Post
Never said one beer gets people drunk, but think about it. Lets say you just came from a beach party or something and you had a few beers there. But you are still hungry and thirsty. so next thing you know you go to mcdonalds for a big mac with a large labatts! In some cases this can add up quickly.
Still a terrible argument because you could come from the beach and stop at a regular restaurant, get some beers and be drunk.

It is peoples' responsibility to be smart about drinking and then choosing whether or not to drive, it is not the fault of the place that sells the alcohol.
__________________
Brian

WJ, WK, CJ5


Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #12
jerryjeeper
Old Jeep Guy
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ottawa Lake, Michigan
Posts: 1,243
Best idea that I've heard in years!! Burger King will get all my fast food business if they add beer to the menu in my area. Hail to the KING!!!
jerryjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #13
mikeb683
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Worcester,Ma
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy90 View Post
Thats how it is at many locations in Europe. I went to a McDonalds in Italy that had a full service bar right next to the McDonalds counter.
Yup this is already how it is over seas they dont give a crap about drinking over there and guess what, they have way less problems with drinking.
mikeb683 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:55 PM   #14
RedHotChiliDog
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NAS Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Still a terrible argument because you could come from the beach and stop at a regular restaurant, get some beers and be drunk.

It is peoples' responsibility to be smart about drinking and then choosing whether or not to drive, it is not the fault of the place that sells the alcohol.
I know its peoples responsibility but people do it enough and they get ****y, then accidents happen. Besides, isn't illegal to drink and drive? or was it just implied during drivers training?
RedHotChiliDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #15
mdywglr4x4
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 454
Putting something like not drinking and driving in the hands of the general public is just terrible. In this country it is just asking for problems. Now serving beer at Burger King? roflmao
__________________
*2000 TJ* - Long Arms - Big Tires - Chrome Shafts - Locked and loaded + Body Armor
*1988 325iS* - Coils - 24v Swap - Sways - Road Warrior
mdywglr4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.