Ignroant truck owners - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Ignroant truck owners

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 06-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Ignroant truck owners

Am I the only person who has a ignorant friend who thinks his crappy truck is the best off roading machine know to man? He argues with me on a daily basis that trucks are the only good 4X4 vehicle for offroading. He than goes to say since his truck makes more hp it's better suited for it ( which my ho 4.7 v8 makes more ho than his hemi magnum v8). Iv tried to tell him that he's on drugs or something because any jeep would be better suited than a truck. I invited him to go to Durhamtown with me but he's too scared.... Lol

Larryftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Hudson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That's true to a degree. Some people are just ignorant, regardless of what kind of vehicle they own. I'm sure some trucks are built better than jeeps offroad and vice versa. However, i know the people you're referring to. The ones who just lift their trucks 900 feet, put on huge tires, and proceed to tell you it's the best for Did i mention the stacks? I think i forgot. You need stacks to off-road a truck. They add at least 500 Horsepower, and make your truck king of the off-road. You also need to blow smoke whenever you take off, because burning all your diesel is the cool thing to do.

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121903
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson
That's true to a degree. Some people are just ignorant, regardless of what kind of vehicle they own. I'm sure some trucks are built better than jeeps offroad and vice versa. However, i know the people you're referring to. The ones who just lift their trucks 900 feet, put on huge tires, and proceed to tell you it's the best for Did i mention the stacks? I think i forgot. You need stacks to off-road a truck. They add at least 500 Horsepower, and make your truck king of the off-road. You also need to blow smoke whenever you take off, because burning all your diesel is the cool thing to do.
It's gets so annoying, a guy I work with has like a 78 f150 lifted 18 inches on like 44's and it just looks stupid. I'd love to see any truck follow me down half the trails iv been
Unread 06-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #4
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryftmfw View Post
Am I the only person who has a ignorant friend who thinks his crappy truck is the best off roading machine know to man? He argues with me on a daily basis that trucks are the only good 4X4 vehicle for offroading. He than goes to say since his truck makes more hp it's better suited for it ( which my ho 4.7 v8 makes more ho than his hemi magnum v8). Iv tried to tell him that he's on drugs or something because any jeep would be better suited than a truck.
......um...well.....so what? Why do you care what he thinks?
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
Hurley91

Who cares.

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.
Unread 06-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #6
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Would someone not even knowing what vehicle they drive or what suspension they have count as ignorance or just stupidity?

WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #7
Indy

You misspelled ignorant in your topic title.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #8
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Power doesn't mean anything if you don't have the traction to get it to the ground, or a vehicle that is small enough to maneuver wherever you're going.

I know the people you're talking about, if I needed to carry 4,000lbs off-road, or tow something, I'd have gotten a truck. For what I use it for, my Jeep is perfect and could out perform any full-size pickup on the face of the earth. They can overcompensate as much as they want, it doesn't bother me.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #9
Xpress
Not enough Lumens...

1989 YJ Wrangler 

A buddy used to think the same thing. That his 250 super duty with whatever diesel powerplant they put under those hoods was the best, lifted then thousand inches with 300 inch tires- all was better than my modest Jeep. I suggested we just do some offroading. He had no fun, I was miles ahead of his massive rig without breaking a sweat.
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudsweatNgearz View Post
Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the RIGHT of the people to keep and bear Arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #10
Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
You misspelled ignorant in your topic title.

...and that was just a start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryftmfw View Post
Am I the only person who has a ignorant friend who thinks his crappy truck is the best off roading machine know to man? He argues with me on a daily basis that trucks are the only good 4X4 vehicle for offroading. He than goes to say since his truck makes more hp it's better suited for it ( which my ho 4.7 v8 makes more ho than his hemi magnum v8). Iv tried to tell him that he's on drugs or something because any jeep would be better suited than a truck. I invited him to go to Durhamtown with me but he's too scared.... Lol

Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:40 AM   #11
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Why do you care, just ignore him. Depending on the type of off roading his truck maybe better than your Jeep,. In muddy fields I would probably take the truck as it is easier to lift high and add large tires with out drive line issues. On tight trail in the woods the jeep is better suited. For high speed desert driving I would rather have something with IFS like the Ford Raptor.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 02:53 AM   #12
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Wow didn't think so many people would be flaming me, what ever tho if the best you can do is make fun of my misspelling from typing on a cell phone than I feel pretty good about myself. To the ppl who actually contributed to the thread, I was curious what you actually say to your friends who are like that? If when you post in this thread and your not contributing to the topic why don't you save the immaturity and post it somewhere else, I didn't realize so many jeep owners were in middle school.
Unread 06-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #13
Photog2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I like the dual tail pipes under the rear bumper with a massive trailer hitch in between.,or my personal favorite....Dont forget the dual hillbilly whips behind the cab that have no cable hooked to them. Must be some new fangled wireless antennas or something.
Photog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #14
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog2000
I like the dual tail pipes under the rear bumper with a massive trailer hitch in between.,or my personal favorite....Dont forget the dual hillbilly whips behind the cab that have no cable hooked to them. Must be some new fangled wireless antennas or something.
Don't forget the fake balls
Unread 06-21-2012, 07:00 AM   #15
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

PM Me when you go to DT. I'd like to see him go up slippery nip
prjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.