I'd rather be waterboarded than vote for McCain! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > I'd rather be waterboarded than vote for McCain!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 02-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #16
RAZORBILL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicanJeepr View Post
BTW, who is RR?
Ronald Regan, I assume?

Unread 02-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #17
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm no fan of McCain's policies but even as a long-term died-in-the-wool conservative Republican, I sure as HELL am not going to throw my vote against Hillary/Obama away by voting for someone else besides McCain as "protest" vote.

I may be a man of principles but I'm also a realist, not an idealist.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 10:46 AM   #18
FreemasonJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Some more that I thought were funny.

FreemasonJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #19
sparkchaser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
I'm no fan of McCain's policies but even as a long-term died-in-the-wool conservative Republican, I sure as HELL am not going to throw my vote against Hillary/Obama away by voting for someone else besides McCain as "protest" vote.

Finally, the voice of reason. Thank you.
"Sandstorms inflict damage of about $540 million per year, and losses of crops and forests due to acid rain amount to about $730 million per year. More serious are the $6 billion costs of the "green wall" of trees being built to shield Beijing against sand and dust, and the $7 billion per year of losses created by pest species. We enter the zone of impressive numbers when we consider the onetime cost of the 1996 floods ($27 billion, but still cheaper than the 1998 floods), the annual direct losses due to desertification ($42 billion), and the annual losses due to water and air pollution ($54 billion). The combination of the latter two items alone costs China the equivalent of 14% of its GDP each year." - Jared Diamond, Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
sparkchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #20
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post

x 1,000,000 on this. there will be probably 3 supreme court vacancies during the next presidents term. those choices will affect our lives for a generation.

don't forget that the lefties can never get their true agenda past the voters so they run to the courts for everything. we need judges that actually read the constitution, as written. so hold your nose and vote for JM when the time comes.

second. try to work for conservatives for the lower races to try to take back the congress.

the republican party can pound sand as far as I am concerned. they brought all this on when they had control of all three houses and did nothing.

american first, conservative second.

that is all.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #21
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

True on the judges some are simply biding time to retire waiting for another lib to appoint a replacement.

One thing I really can't stand about mccain is that he's just like kerry was "a war hero". Guess what *******es so is everyone else that makes it home and even more so the ones that don't, it doesn't qualify anyone to be President. I have never once tried to tell someone that I'm some kind of war heroe, they did their job just like the rest of us. I tell ya I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire.

OK, I'm done....
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #22
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post

One thing I really can't stand about mccain is that he's just like kerry was "a war hero". Guess what *******es so is everyone else that makes it home and even more so the ones that don't, it doesn't qualify anyone to be President. I have never once tried to tell someone that I'm some kind of war heroe, they did their job just like the rest of us. I tell ya I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire.

OK, I'm done....
agree. I would never, never make light of what John McCain went thru in a prison camp. BUT, getting shot down and surviving does does not automatically make you a war hero and certainly does not make you automatically qualified to be president.

here is a war hero. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_Murphy

Eisenhower was not an effective president, probably because it was a hard transition for him from being supreme allied commander to having to deal with the back-scratching, deal making pace of being president.

I personally know several naval aviators that were waterboarded as part of training. They report it as something they are not in a hurry to do again, but it left no marks and is not fatal and is not torture.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #23
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Perhaps now is the time to just say "screw it". Let the Left Wingers have the country. Bankrupt it, strip what few remaining rights we have, disarm us, further destabilize the Middle East, let NATO have it's way, implement the whole New World Order plan. We're heading there anyway, eventually, why not get it done now.

Then, when the fallout clears, perhaps we can start over again. Just a thought.
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #24
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Folks, I really don't like McCain at all, but if for only one reason, vote for McCain because of his stance on the war. If we pull out now and come home ASAP, their will be such a vacuum over there that the implosion will only be second to the explosions on OUR SOIL in a very short time.

With Hillary or Obama in charge, we will be taxed silly, illegals will get all our tax dollars, the border won't be secure and the price tag for universal health care as well as other inflated social programs will break the citizens of this country. In the end, we will be praying for recession times as they will look good compared to the depression we will be in.

Like I said, I don't like him, but of the evils, he will harm us the least.
Unread 02-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #25
sparkchaser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Perhaps now is the time to just say "screw it". Let the Left Wingers have the country. Bankrupt it, strip what few remaining rights we have, disarm us, further destabilize the Middle East, let NATO have it's way, implement the whole New World Order plan. We're heading there anyway, eventually, why not get it done now.

Then, when the fallout clears, perhaps we can start over again. Just a thought.
Like we didn't lose enough with the Patriot Act (a Republican initiative).

I'll vote for whoever returns the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus to the us as the Constitution guarantees.
"Sandstorms inflict damage of about $540 million per year, and losses of crops and forests due to acid rain amount to about $730 million per year. More serious are the $6 billion costs of the "green wall" of trees being built to shield Beijing against sand and dust, and the $7 billion per year of losses created by pest species. We enter the zone of impressive numbers when we consider the onetime cost of the 1996 floods ($27 billion, but still cheaper than the 1998 floods), the annual direct losses due to desertification ($42 billion), and the annual losses due to water and air pollution ($54 billion). The combination of the latter two items alone costs China the equivalent of 14% of its GDP each year." - Jared Diamond, Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
sparkchaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.