I'd rather be waterboarded than vote for McCain! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > I'd rather be waterboarded than vote for McCain!

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-14-2008, 07:50 AM   #1
Erik T.
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'd rather be waterboarded than vote for McCain!

So....theres talk of McCain taking Liberman as his running mate??

That'd be wonderful, a Republican with a Democrat VP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
tcourdin

So what can you do? I dont like the little sleazebag McCain either, but you damn sure dont want Hillary or Osama in there......
88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:12 AM   #3
sparkchaser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik T. View Post
So....theres talk of McCain taking Liberman as his running mate??

That'd be wonderful, a Republican with a Democrat VP.
So, you mean to tell us that when election day rolls around that you will either not vote, vote for the Democrat, or vote for a third party?

Speaking of which, for a Republican what is a likely third party? Communist? Libertarian? Green?
"Sandstorms inflict damage of about $540 million per year, and losses of crops and forests due to acid rain amount to about $730 million per year. More serious are the $6 billion costs of the "green wall" of trees being built to shield Beijing against sand and dust, and the $7 billion per year of losses created by pest species. We enter the zone of impressive numbers when we consider the onetime cost of the 1996 floods ($27 billion, but still cheaper than the 1998 floods), the annual direct losses due to desertification ($42 billion), and the annual losses due to water and air pollution ($54 billion). The combination of the latter two items alone costs China the equivalent of 14% of its GDP each year." - Jared Diamond, Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
sparkchaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
FreemasonJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkchaser View Post
So, you mean to tell us that when election day rolls around that you will either not vote, vote for the Democrat, or vote for a third party?

Speaking of which, for a Republican what is a likely third party? Communist? Libertarian? Green?
I refuse to vote for McCain or a Democrat so I'm either writing in my own name or "none of the above." I hope that the rest of the conservatives will do the same. It will send a message that you can't get elected if you are a liberal Republican.
FreemasonJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:50 AM   #5
tcourdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicanJeepr View Post
I refuse to vote for McCain or a Democrat so I'm either writing in my own name or "none of the above." I hope that the rest of the conservatives will do the same. It will send a message that you can't get elected if you are a liberal Republican.
Man I just dont know about that, if we get Hillary things will be 1000X worse than if we had McCain...I'm not sure that mentality is sending a message to anyone? I dont like McCain either, but I also dont think we can make it through 4 years of hell with the either of the Dems in office.
88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:52 AM   #6
probesport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I've always loved these comments by Lewis Black about the parties . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Black
Allow me to explain how our federal government works. To begin with, by the federal government I mean Democrats and Republicans working together. And the only thing dumber than a Democrat or a Republican is when those pricks work together. You see, in our two-party system, the Democrats are the party of no ideas and the Republicans are the party of bad ideas. It usually goes something like this. A Republican will stand up in Congress and say, “I’ve got a really bad idea.” And a Democrat will immediately jump to his feet and declare, “And I can make it ****tier.”
1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo 2.5l V6

I'll find you someday and when I do, you'll know its me.
probesport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #7
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah i heard this as well....once again, another election where you are picking the lesser of two evils.
--chris-- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:08 AM   #8
FreemasonJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I agree with **** Morris, a Hillary presidency will reinvigorate and fix the party, hopefully get Republicans to get back to their conservative values. It's a risk that, at this point, I'm willing to take. It's just gotten too bad. The whole party has been shifting to the left and it may need something drastic to happen to fix it.

It's just like this past couple of years in college football. It got so bad for my team, the Huskers, that I was willing to sacrifice the rest of the season if we could just get rid of the coach. Well guess what, it worked. Now we have hope again, along with Tom Osborne as AD and Bo Pelini as head coach. I can't wait for football season again.
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:16 AM   #9
REDPILL
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
x2*1,000,000,000.

jc

Matthew 6, 5-6 Read it, Follow it.
2004 unlimited Yellow
REDPILL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:26 AM   #10
RAZORBILL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I agree with **** Morris, a Hillary presidency will reinvigorate and fix the party, hopefully get Republicans to get back to their conservative values. It's a risk that, at this point, I'm willing to take. It's just gotten too bad. The whole party has been shifting to the left and it may need something drastic to happen to fix it.

It's just like this past couple of years in college football. It got so bad for my team, the Huskers, that I was willing to sacrifice the rest of the season if we could just get rid of the coach. Well guess what, it worked. Now we have hope again, along with Tom Osborne as AD and Bo Pelini as head coach. I can't wait for football season again.
I'm with you on Hillary reinvigorating the Rep. Party if she gets elected. I think the republicans will also win back Congress & the Senate if either of them get elected. That probably doesn't matter though since Pelosi is screwing up everything she touches as it is.

It's not looking too good for Hillary though and I think McCain will have an even harder time beating Obama, Hillary is easy to beat on but if you say anything bad about Obama you'll get labeled as a racist and it's all down hill from there...

I'm still on the fence with McCain, I'm hoping he picks a decent VP. I don't think he's stupid enough to pick Lieberman, the conservatives would really unload on him then. I was intially hoping Thompson would run a better campain, then I hoped for Romney or Huckabee but they are both done for. If McCain picks a good conservative as a VP I'll vote for him, if not I'll vote for you too!!!

Al
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #11
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It use to worry me that my "dyed-in-the-wool" conservative parents did not always vote with the Republican party in the past, but now I understand why!

Hey, how about Obama and his communist friends? Boy, Hillary must be upset with her missed endorsement here!

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...on_Office&only

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 10:34 AM   #12
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't heard that. I have read several articles indicating McCain is leaning towards selecting a running mate who is very conservative. Some of the candidates mentioned were the governors of Florida, Louisiana, and Minnesota. Also, Phil Gramm and Kay Bailey Hutchison have also been thrown out there, either of which would make terrific running mates, in my opinion.
Unread 02-14-2008, 10:47 AM   #13
KMcNaught
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
It use to worry me that my "dyed-in-the-wool" conservative parents did not always vote with the Republican party in the past, but now I understand why!

Hey, how about Obama and his communist friends? Boy, Hillary must be upset with her missed endorsement here!

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...on_Office&only
I love how there are some people on the left that readily invoke the image of Che but can't tell you a god damn thing about the guy. Putting a picture of Che Guevara (aka "The Butcher of La Cabana") next to a peace sign is like putting a statue of Hitler in a jewish temple.

It still amazes me that even though we now know all the facts about this guy, how he executed people with out trial, that people still idolize the murdering communist bastard.
Unread 02-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #14
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm not totally sure RR would agree with you?
Everyone seems to forget that Billary or Bama would put in extreme lib judges on the supreme court that the country would be stuck with for the next couple decades. Not to memtion screwing up the health care system, tax us into the next millinium, and screw up foreign policy so bad that only God knows where we'd be as a nation?

but those are just a "few" thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #15
FreemasonJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I thought you guys might like this. BTW, who is RR?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.