I might be in trouble... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > I might be in trouble...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 12-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #31
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Now that I'm getting older, I can let stupid things go. Giving me a lawn job is forgivable. Throwing spark plugs through every window of my car is not.

Depends on the size of the farm and what not. This isn't the 1950's. With technology now a days, its not 14 hours a day of work. Hell, the farmer up the road showed me his new rig drives itself off GPS and is more accurate then if he drives it. He also works a full time job for the city and tends to the farm in between. Once planted, the corn grows itself. Just sayin...

Hope you learned a lesson. Private property is private and that could have ruined your holidays.

elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #32
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino View Post
Legally? It's your word verse his. Get your story straight with your friend. Say you were fishing in a creek near by and the guy came up all angry and said "I know you kids tore up my field, give me your info".

If the cops didn't see it happen and you don't admit to it, not much else anyone can do, no matter what info he has.

You can call the cops and say he took your info at gun point and he'll have pictures of your info on his camera/phone. Goes both ways.

Just quoting the dumbest thing I've heard today. Quite possibly this year.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #33
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino View Post
Depends on the size of the farm and what not. This isn't the 1950's. With technology now a days, its not 14 hours a day of work. Hell, the farmer up the road showed me his new rig drives itself off GPS and is more accurate then if he drives it. He also works a full time job for the city and tends to the farm in between. Once planted, the corn grows itself. Just sayin...

You're joking, right?
Unread 12-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #34
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #35
Okie_Rider
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

You're joking, right?
No dead serious
Unread 12-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #36
Douglas S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
That's exactly how it is for many of the farms around here. Six figure incomes, working 6 months a year.
Unread 12-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #37
chriswj

I grew up on a farm and all the dumb kids allways tore the **** out of are back field we really didnt care becuase we planted corn on it every year but it was the point of it my grandfather said if they just would of came and asked me if they could have a little fun he would of said yes it never hurts to stop and ask. Hell we let all the kids raise hell in that field as long as they stopped and told us it was no probablem
Unread 12-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #38
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas S.

That's exactly how it is for many of the farms around here. Six figure incomes, working 6 months a year.
Uneducated people think they know everything about everything. If they took as much time to do research as they take to think of a witty remark, they may actually learn something. Glad someone else knows people don't still plant corn with mules pulling plows and hand planting seeds.
Unread 12-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #39
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatClingan

Im confused at who you are disagreeing with and what you are saying and what it implies for me. Please elaborate.
The person above who said my post about the farmer at this point having no realistic legal actions he could take was stupid. Anyone can sue anyone civilly. I can sue the OP civilly and say he tore up my field. It means nothing. I was stating if the kid and his friend keep their mouth shut then they are good to go.
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #40
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas S. View Post
Around here its 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, 50 weeks a year to keep any operation in the black. I know this because its my job to know this.
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #41
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Around here its 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, 50 weeks a year to keep any operation in the black. I know this because its my job to know this.
Didn't realize there was that much agriculture out in Cali. I assume its much like Florida's citrus where its 500,000 acres of orange trees which would account for so much time and work. Different when compared to 60 acres of corn.
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #42
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Agriculture is the number one source of income for the 8th largest economy in the world. Our growing seasons allow for a myriad of crops to be grown and we use the same acreage to yield 3 rotations of different crops throughout the year. We have seasonal or hard's but even in the winter, they need tending. I know that citrus needs year round assistance as well so don't cut the farmers short. Even the six figure farmers worked their way to that point. Ups and downs in agriculture are world changing events and its mostly based on hard work and praying for favorable weather.
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #43
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

I can't say I honestly know anything about Cali's zoning and what they do/don't grow. That's pretty cool they have so much out there. I learned something new. I thought it was a max of 2 rotations a year to not exhaust the soil. Never knew anyone did 3. Good stuff
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:42 PM   #44
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yep. Most of the state is set up for agriculture. The Central Valley is set up to grow everything, the coast has a completely different climate and even the sierras is set up for grazing cattle during most of the year. And even the desert grows a lot of food!! Yes, the desert.

Edit: My phone shut off mid correction.
Unread 12-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #45
Douglas S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
The farmers here can't work in the winter - frozen ground and too much snow. They work hard during the growing season certainly, but it's not especially labour intensive when most of them are using $500k+ combines that drive themselves.

As well, small operations have pretty much ceased to exist. All the farms are large.

Tags
help please

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.