JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   I might be in trouble... (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/i-might-trouble-1447604/)

WildcatClingan 12-08-2012 12:43 PM

I might be in trouble...
 
So I was four-wheeling in some guy's farm field with a friend who has a ford and before we were about to leave the farmer who owned the land showed up. He was very upset and happened to be from the state office or somthing like that. He instructed us to turn off our engines and give him our license and registration, which we both did. once he had taken pictures of both documents, us, and our trucks he let us go and we left. He said he would use the pictures against us only if we showed up in that area again. What should I do???:(

BeachinXJ 12-08-2012 12:47 PM

Stop wheeling illegally. You are lucky the police weren't called and your vehicles impounded.

Next step, tell your parents about it.

scastleton 12-08-2012 12:48 PM

You could not show up in that area again?

WildcatClingan 12-08-2012 12:50 PM

But, my parents will probably be pissed even though there were no severe consequences...

CoastieShep 12-08-2012 12:53 PM

First off, don't wheel on private land without permission. Second, don't hand over your information to somebody without a badge. Third, don't go back.

2006_Sport 12-08-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoastieShep
First off, don't wheel on private land without permission. Second, don't hand over your information to somebody without a badge. Third, don't go back.

This

2006_Sport 12-08-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatClingan
But, my parents will probably be pissed even though there were no severe consequences...

Look kid, you ****ed up, you suffer the *** reaming you will get from your parents. It's part of life so man up and tell them.

sameolsong 12-08-2012 12:57 PM

You need to show back up during the day and talk to the farmer.Tell him you feel bad about tearing his fields up and you don't have any money but you got a strong back.I'm sure he has all kinds of work he can find for you to repay your debt,and yes its a debt.If he chooses to pursue this in court you will most likely owe restitution. Never know after a couple weekends of hard work you never know he might invite you back to play in a pasture legally.

Moabrubi 12-08-2012 12:58 PM

Did you know that it was private property? Was it posted? If you did then you deserve it.

Did the guy have a badge? Or was he just some guy thinking he has all the power to force you to give him your information?

Details details..

asim04LJ 12-08-2012 01:01 PM

Illegal wheeling, what an idiot.

CoastieShep 12-08-2012 01:04 PM

Oh, and one more thing. Might as well put this on. Especially since illegal wheeling is what helps get the legal wheeling places closed.
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...SvP6tKe5HzV21l

WildcatClingan 12-08-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moabrubi
Did you know that it was private property? Was it posted? If you did then you deserve it.

Did the guy have a badge? Or was he just some guy thinking he has all the power to force you to give him your information?

Details details..

Well it wasn't posted and he had no badge. And i happen to be getting my full license in less than 6 months and im moving to the other side of the country in less than a year so would those two events help further me from issues?

WildcatClingan 12-08-2012 04:13 PM

And do you guys think he will do anything else, because after he calmed down he seemed pretty content. And as far as "repaying my debt" goes he gave me no contact information not even his name...

2006_Sport 12-08-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatClingan
And do you guys think he will do anything else, because after he calmed down he seemed pretty content. And as far as "repaying my debt" goes he gave me no contact information not even his name...

Then go back to his farm and knock on his door.

WildcatClingan 12-08-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2006_Sport

Then go back to his farm and knock on his door.

His house wasnt even there and now that i think of it there was t even proff that it was his field... It was so unobvious that we thought it was just some un owned land there were barley any remnants of crops on it


The time now is 08:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.