I have a bit of ADVICE for some of you. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > I have a bit of ADVICE for some of you.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-01-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
BLS33
Chief of the brain police

1985 CJ7 

I have a bit of ADVICE for some of you.

Stop spelling "advice" with an S instead of a C. Advise is a verb, advice is a noun.

EXAMPLES:

"Thanks for the advice."

"I advise you to learn how to spell."

I'm really not trying to be a *******, I just see this word misused a TON on JF. It has turned into a pretty big peeve. I'm not trying to single anyone out either, a lot of people have done it.

I doubt this will help, but hey I tried .

Last edited by BLS33; 10-24-2008 at 12:49 PM..
BLS33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #2
Rob99
You come back...one year!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

That's rediculous.
Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #3
creature
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'll try to remember that. Thanks for the advise.
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
HolidayJeep
Want pie now.

2001 TJ Wrangler 

My boss can't even spell his job title correctly. His letterhead, emails, and memos all contain the signature 'Sale's Manager.' Moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapahoe
Not to brag, I was the valid victorian my senior year. Best and the brightest of the bottom of the barrel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle
thunderspork
HolidayJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
TopThrillJoe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

go burn their houses down
()_) ()_)=0=)_)
owner of a solid axle conversion kit
I spend most of my time here -->http://swmjeepers.com
TopThrillJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #6
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

good advise thanks for looking out for us its a big peeve of mine too

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:17 PM   #7
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolidayJeepy
My boss can't even spell his job title correctly. His letterhead, emails, and memos all contain the signature 'Sale's Manager.' Moron.
"Next time use my proper title 'Director Of Product Enhancements' instead of the acronym DOPE"

"I didn't know you were the director of product enhancements"

... and I need to stop spelling ridiculous 'rediculous'
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #8
ziaholic
180 lb Gorilla

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706
good advise thanks for looking out for us its a big peeve of mine too
... you mean it's ... right?

(as long as we're picking nits )

And while I'm at it ... I hate it when people talk about mute points ... it's MOOT!!!

... and when they leave the john at work without washing their hands ...

ooooh ... something shiny ...

Video: Moab '05 GoldenCrack MyStockRubi
Video: Moab '07 GoldenCrack MyLiftedRubi
ziaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #9
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

Dude, chill out. I am an English major and can probably write better than most of the people on here. But when I come on JF I don't want to worry about it. For the most part I keep my posts readable and comprehendable. So waht if something is spelled funny, its not like I am going to edit this nonsense. To me the forum is like speaking, everyone has their own way of doing it, and that is fine as long as everyone can understand each other. BTW, I would advise you to lay of the advice.
Seriously lets worry about the punks who come on here and say crap like "OMG my axel is leekng what should I do. My dad didnt want me lifting it and now he will find out when I take it to the deeler. It wud be tight if there is n e way to help me make it so he cant find out let me know."
Crap like that pisses me off becasue it is like you are not even trying. There was some kid who posted something so unintelligable I was unable to make hardly any sense of it, and no it wasnt the guy from Russia, who through a translator was able to do better than this kid.
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:35 PM   #10
Rob99

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinYahoo
Dude, chill out. I am an English major and can probably write better than most of the people on here. But when I come on JF I don't want to worry about it. For the most part I keep my posts readable and comprehendable. So waht if something is spelled funny, its not like I am going to edit this nonsense. To me the forum is like speaking, everyone has their own way of doing it, and that is fine as long as everyone can understand each other. BTW, I would advise you to lay of the advice.
Seriously lets worry about the punks who come on here and say crap like "OMG my axel is leekng what should I do. My dad didnt want me lifting it and now he will find out when I take it to the deeler. It wud be tight if there is n e way to help me make it so he cant find out let me know."
Crap like that pisses me off becasue it is like you are not even trying. There was some kid who posted something so unintelligable I was unable to make hardly any sense of it, and no it wasnt the guy from Russia, who through a translator was able to do better than this kid.
I'm an english major and I can write better than all of you but I choose not to.
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #11
tcourdin

Thanks for the advice and i agrees that sum peple dont spell guud and it makes me angri and i also dont lik badd puktuuation eether that stuf maks me git madd to and sumtimes i start skreeming and throw the kibord at my kat or sumtimes even kik my dawg
88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:39 PM   #12
BLS33
Chief of the brain police

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinYahoo

Chill out? I didnt realize I was flying off the handle here . Its not like I'm saying "I'M SICK OF YOU MOTHER ****ING PLEBIAN SWINE MISPELLING SIMPLE WORDS, I'M GOING TO HUNT DOWN THE NEXT **** HEAD THAT TYPES ADVISE WHEN THEY MEAN ADVICE AND GUT THEM LIKE A ROMANIAN TURKEY WITH LOU GEHRIG'S DISEASE."

It's one of the most mispelled words on here and I'm just informing some people they are spelling it wrong.
BLS33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:40 PM   #13
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99
I'm an english major and I can write better than all of you but I choose not to.
thanks for the summary

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:42 PM   #14
Rob99

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706
thanks for the summary
It wasn't a summary, it was repeating the gist of it to emphasize it's ridiculicitocity.
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #15
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I believe people are either in the habit of using proper grammar or they're not. Saying they can but choose not to is pretty ridiculous.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.