I HATE selling stuff - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > I HATE selling stuff

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-21-2008, 02:36 AM   #1
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

I HATE selling stuff

I REALLY want to buy a new digital SLR camera, but I don't have the extra money. I tried to come up with some ideas on where to get the cash and all I could think of was to sell some stuff.

I have a very nice Martin Hatfield takedown recurve bow, that I NEVER use. But can I sell it? I just don't know. It really has no sentimental value. I haven't hunted in years. I don't have a place to shoot it since I live in the city now. I'm just a packrat, I guess. These things are selling for 600-700 dollars new and used ones like mine seem to be getting at least 500 on ebay right now. Am I stupid for wanting to keep it?

I also have an old Minolta camera that I do use occaisonally, but if I bought this new camera, I'd have no use for it. But I just don't want to sell it. With the lenses and all the accessories I think I could get at least 150 out of it. Those two things together would get me close to being able to buy the new camera.

Dammit. I think I'm going to do it. I just hope I don't end up crying about it later (especially the bow -- it's very nice). What would YOU do, assuming you're broke?

CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 02:45 AM   #2
AlTheKillerr

hahahhaahahaha same boat here. i have a hard time selling things. ive got so much junk here and at home so im thinking about taking the time and getting rid of what i really dont need or use. hell i took about 30 tshirts and 40 posters from my brother just because i didnt want to see them gone.
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 02:48 AM   #3
papabear1963

Nice way of advertising in a thread lol"I will start a thread about something I am going to sell and hope someone bites"
Unread 02-21-2008, 03:22 AM   #4
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear1963 View Post
Nice way of advertising in a thread lol"I will start a thread about something I am going to sell and hope someone bites"

Um........no. I don't think this is the best place to advertise the items I listed. If I'd mentioned a set of super swampers, maybe, but I have a lot better connections for selling this stuff than Jeepforum.

I was mostly just thinking outloud. I just got off of ebay and was surprised by how much my bow is worth nowadays.

Unread 02-21-2008, 03:29 AM   #5
Jeepster55

i know what you mean by "I HATE selling stuff"; first, you hate to part with it and second, you hate dealing with haggling over price.

here's a suggestion; GIVE IT AWAY!!! this way you get rid of it without all the hassle. WHAT? you don't see my reasoning behind this idea? maybe you won't get any $$ from it, but you would have made someone feel really good and after all, isn't that what lifes all about? making others "Happy"?

just send your bow to ME, sit back and see how good you feel afterwards!
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 03:37 AM   #6
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

You could always sell photo's of your wife, girl is schmokin

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 03:40 AM   #7
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik View Post
You could always sell photo's of your wife, girl is schmokin
Alright, I'm taking orders..................

As long as she never found out, it'd be all good. If she found out, I'd never be any use to a woman again.

Unread 02-21-2008, 05:02 AM   #8
sitdwnandhngon
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i was the same way until recently, i wouldnt part with anything, but I came to terms that alot of my stuff was just junk, in the last 2 months i made about 500 bucks on ebay, its amazing what some people want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northjeep View Post
4.2 has 0.2 more!
sitdwnandhngon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 06:41 AM   #9
vitapimp
Owner of REPOST™

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsarecool View Post
Alright, I'm taking orders..................

As long as she never found out, it'd be all good. If she found out, I'd never be any use to a woman again.
lol... a group buy of pics of your woman, that will get you a nice pile of coin from all the horn dogs on this site!
<>< Member #35
Red Jeep Club Member #337

What you are is God's gift to you...
What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
Make a change. Be different.
vitapimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 11:00 AM   #10
Indy

You could always get a couple pics of some imacs and sell them for $1600 on ebay...

But if you've got junk cluttering up the basement, no reason not to get rid of it.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 11:10 AM   #11
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
You could always get a couple pics of some imacs and sell them for $1600 on ebay...

But if you've got junk cluttering up the basement, no reason not to get rid of it.

As a matter of fact I DO have two imacs for sale. They're GREAT for graphic design and come with the Adobe CS3 suite already installed. I'll let YOU have them both for $1,500, but only because you gave me the idea. Anybody else and I'm charging full price of $3,400. Just send me the money through western union. I've already shipped the macs.

Unread 02-21-2008, 11:15 AM   #12
coonash

1969 FSJ Wagoneer 

Don't sell your stuff. Eventually you'll want to use it again and it will cost you twice as much. I'd rather wait till I had the money to buy something than sell my junk for more future junk.
(if you need it that bad deliver pizzas or go work for wally world till you have the funds)
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41
coonash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #13
Macnasty
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You can't take it with you. People change hobbies all the time, yours have changed, now go get that camera and take more pics of the lil lady lol. Maybe we can do some trading.
Unread 02-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #14
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coonash View Post
Don't sell your stuff. Eventually you'll want to use it again and it will cost you twice as much. I'd rather wait till I had the money to buy something than sell my junk for more future junk.
(if you need it that bad deliver pizzas or go work for wally world till you have the funds)

I think you and I have the same disease, my friend. I think we need to work on this. My wife is able to just throw things away with complete abandon. I stand there, mouth agape, my mind feverishly racing........ "But we might NEED those old butter bowls for something!" I think letting go is probably the healthier way to go. I doubt that I ever pick that bow up again, but yet I want to keep it just in case. But I KNOW I'll use a new camera a lot. Seems like there should be no decision.......... oh but there is.

I think Mcnasty is right. People, especially people who grew up poor like myself, have a constant shortage mentality and feel the need to amass as much crap as we can.

I think I'll sell it. And if I ever feel the need to get back into traditional archery, I'll buy an even nicer bow.

Unread 02-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #15
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsarecool View Post
As a matter of fact I DO have two imacs for sale. They're GREAT for graphic design and come with the Adobe CS3 suite already installed. I'll let YOU have them both for $1,500, but only because you gave me the idea. Anybody else and I'm charging full price of $3,400. Just send me the money through western union. I've already shipped the macs.
Sweet! I just so happen to have $10k in money orders right now. I'll send them all to you if you'll deduct the purchase + shipping and wire me what's left!

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.