Huckabee/Obama win Iowa - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Huckabee/Obama win Iowa

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

View Poll Results: who are you gonna vote for
Obama 11 15.71%
Huckabee 30 42.86%
other 26 37.14%
no one 3 4.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
RedJeepXJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,309
Huckabee/Obama win Iowa

so who are gonna vote for?

I voted for Obama, We need good healthcare more then anything, even though i disagree with a lot of things about him like gun control, the health care is just too important and republicans aren't doing anything to fix it


Last edited by RedJeepXJ; 01-03-2008 at 09:02 PM..
RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
gradysjeep
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: maine
Posts: 502
Couldnt tell ya dont know much about the canidates. All i know right now is not Clinton. Only one I even really no anything about really right now is Mcain so if I had to vote now probably Mcain.
gradysjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #3
FreemasonJeeper
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,025
I'm still not sure yet. Not a Democrat, that's for sure. I'm not for many socialized programs. I have yet to see a social program that's more efficient than in the private sector. Take out the money factor in medicine and there will no longer be a motivator to find new drugs, cures, etc.

I really like Thompson's views but he don't seem to be running to win. I rarely see him on the stump. I like Huckabee's quick wit and easiness. I like Romney's Presidential look and that he's a great speaker, something that is badly needed after the last eight years. Something that Giuliani doesn't have with his horrible lisp. McCain is just soft, too soft to be President. I'm still up in the air.
FreemasonJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #4
glatt513
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 278
How about we all vote for the cantidate that drives a Jeep? (whomever might that be)
glatt513 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #5
kiksroks
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: in your head
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scs748
I voted for Obama, We need good health care more then anything, even though i disagree with a lot of things about him like gun control, the health care is just too important and republicans aren't doing anything to fix it

I personally think that heath care should be left out of the hands of politicians. Lets face it, the government has a history of failure when it comes to these kind of things; social security and public schools come to mind. Republicans aren't going to do anything about it because they believe it is not the governments place to do anything about it, as do I. Universal health care will bankrupt this country.

The only real answer to rising health care costs, imo, is protection from malpractice suits for doctors and drug companies and a fair, competitive, open market for insurance companies.

I, as a small business owner, feel that mandating employer sponsored health care is ridiculous. I have 14 employee's and i am not rich and feel that the government taking my (business's) money to fund this socialist gamble while telling me I will be better off in the end is absolutely ludicrous.

For the record, I cover the cost of my 5 mo. old daughter's and my own health care and do not feel it is unattainable by any working person. Do a little research and you will find that most of you can get affordable health plans.

Bottom line, if you can't afford health coverage you should work harder or smarter, or whatever you have to, but you should never depend on the government for anything or you will end up like all of those people stuck on their rooftops in the Katrina aftermath.
__________________
<--Right Wing Extremist
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!


Low Output 4cyl Jeep Club Member #777
<><
kiksroks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
Keyton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 56
Keyton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #7
FreemasonJeeper
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiksroks
I personally think that heath care should be left out of the hands of politicians. Lets face it, the government has a history of failure when it comes to these kind of things; social security and public schools come to mind. Republicans aren't going to do anything about it because they believe it is not the governments place to do anything about it, as do I. Universal health care will bankrupt this country.

The only real answer to rising health care costs, imo, is protection from malpractice suits for doctors and drug companies and a fair, competitive, open market for insurance companies.

I, as a small business owner, feel that mandating employer sponsored health care is ridiculous. I have 14 employee's and i am not rich and feel that the government taking my (business's) money to fund this socialist gamble while telling me I will be better off in the end is absolutely ludicrous.

For the record, I cover the cost of my 5 mo. old daughter's and my own health care and do not feel it is unattainable by any working person. Do a little research and you will find that most of you can get affordable health plans.

Bottom line, if you can't afford health coverage you should work harder or smarter, or whatever you have to, but you should never depend on the government for anything or you will end up like all of those people stuck on their rooftops in the Katrina aftermath.
Awesome post.
FreemasonJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #8
kiksroks
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: in your head
Posts: 487
__________________
<--Right Wing Extremist
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!


Low Output 4cyl Jeep Club Member #777
<><
kiksroks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #9
The Mean Fish
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern Mexico (I'm not in Mexico idiots)
Posts: 4,553
I can honestly say that I would be satisfied to see either Obama or Huckabee in the White House. Neither are exactly what I want, they both have opinions on different topics that don't mesh well with my beliefs but either would be ok because I know they both plan to bring pretty big changes to the country. Anyone but Hillary or Guliani would be a step forward.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84 CJ7 View Post
The Mean Fish you seem to hate big business and love big government. My guess is you are drinking the coolaid that Pelosie, Reid, Barny Frank, Biden, and Obama are serving.
The Mean Fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:54 PM   #10
Reswob
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,838
The only thing that matters this election is who's going to whittle away less of my 2nd Amendmant rights...

Also, it doesn't really matter what his stance on any issue is, in the United States of America, a guy named Barack Obama is never going to be Pres. Sorry.
__________________
'08 Triumph Bonneville Black ~ Café Racer

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #11
RedJeepXJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiksroks
I personally think that heath care should be left out of the hands of politicians. Lets face it, the government has a history of failure when it comes to these kind of things; social security and public schools come to mind. .....
Bottom line, if you can't afford health coverage you should work harder or smarter, or whatever you have to, but you should never depend on the government for anything or you will end up like all of those people stuck on their rooftops in the Katrina aftermath.
but without public schools people would end up getting NO education, and surely a public education is better then none, just like public health care is better then none.

what if someone has a pre-existing condition and will not be covered by any insurance? what about kids whose parents don't have money, is it the kids fault that the parents are poor?
RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #12
kiksroks
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: in your head
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob
The only thing that matters this election is who's going to whittle away less of my 2nd Amendmant rights...

Also, it doesn't really matter what his stance on any issue is, in the United States of America, a guy named Barack Obama is never going to be Pres. Sorry.

true on both accounts, however i would also like to keep them out of my wallet as much as possible...

Barack Hussein Obama at that
__________________
<--Right Wing Extremist
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!


Low Output 4cyl Jeep Club Member #777
<><
kiksroks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #13
Sporer65
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Powder Springs, Georgia/University of Tennessee
Posts: 2,355
I'd vote for Huckabee. I like alot of his ideas and how he conducts himself. If not him, then Thompson.

And if a Democrat wins the election, I would much rather have Obama then anyone else.
__________________
Ben

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8: Rear Aussie, 3.5" Lift, 31" M/Ts

GA Trail Riders
Sporer65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #14
kiksroks
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: in your head
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scs748
but without public schools people would end up getting NO education, and surely a public education is better then none, just like public health care is better then none.

what if someone has a pre-existing condition and will not be covered by any insurance? what about kids whose parents don't have money, is it the kids fault that the parents are poor?

I never said that public schools weren't needed, just put it up as another example of an ineffeicient and expensive government program. If we were to give all of the tax dollars that public schools get to private schools and let them compete for students don't you think america would be better educated?

example:
private school "a" gets very high marks on the standardized tests so i send my daughter there.
private school "b" starts losing students (money) to private school "a" so they, in order, to stay in business must get better marks on these tests.

Its called competition and its what made this country so great to begin with. When there is no reward for greatness there will be none.

Also, I'm not sure what state your from but here in California all "low income" children get state funded health care at no cost until they're 18. And all residents can qualify for share of cost beneifits depending on their income.
__________________
<--Right Wing Extremist
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!


Low Output 4cyl Jeep Club Member #777
<><
kiksroks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:16 PM   #15
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!
 
Kyoseki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A wretched hive of scum and villainy
Posts: 6,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiksroks
example:
private school "a" gets very high marks on the standardized tests so i send my daughter there.
private school "b" starts losing students (money) to private school "a" so they, in order, to stay in business must get better marks on these tests.
Actually what tends to happen is that the students who are failing at certain subjects are encouraged to drop out of those subjects to raise the mean - the UK has had ridiculous performance figures and goals even for public schools for years and all that happens is that the schools become experts at manipulating the data.

One thing that does bother me about the US political system is that it puts way too much power in the swing states, Ohio, Iowa and Florida always get more attention than say California or Texas because both of those states nearly always vote Dem and Rep respectively.

The whole winner take all approach to the electoral college thing is broken, all of California's what? 55 votes? Nearly always go to the Dems, despite the fact that a lot of the more rural counties in the state vote Republican.
__________________
Due to lack of interest, tomorrow has been canceled
Kyoseki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.