Hows the Snow by you!? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Hows the Snow by you!?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 12-19-2009, 02:31 PM   #31
kittyhawk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well I am about 7 miles west of Dullas Airport and just finished shoveling about 2+ feet of snow with a drift about 3.5 feet tall.
Went for a drive and DAM this is a LOT of snow for a missplaced Texan.

Dave

kittyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #32
toberste
2004 TJ Wrangler 

just measured 18.5" in my yard. man i love this stuff
toberste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #33
mooseknuckle
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just got back from the ER...got rearended in the TJ this morning taking my dog to the groomer...some kid in a jetta was floatin' pretty good and slid and hit me while I was pretty much sitting still on the highway (was coming up on a different accident -- tractor on a guard rail).

I was leaning forward petting my dog (wearing my seatbelt) and wham!!!! Hello steering wheel!!!

Huge mouse over my eye, and 4 stitches later, can barely see out of my left eye (swollen like a *****). Jaw hurts like hell too, but no fractures....
Hit the rear driver side, and then spun me into another car, so the front driver side is crunched a bit too....his Jetta is fubar though...

But we got about 12" so far, but now I dont' get to enjoy any of it....awesome...

EDIT: Dog is good too....
mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 04:09 PM   #34
MarkkInNJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Just got back from the ER...got rearended in the TJ this morning taking my dog to the groomer...some kid in a jetta was floatin' pretty good and slid and hit me while I was pretty much sitting still on the highway (was coming up on a different accident -- tractor on a guard rail).

I was leaning forward petting my dog (wearing my seatbelt) and wham!!!! Hello steering wheel!!!

Huge mouse over my eye, and 4 stitches later, can barely see out of my left eye (swollen like a *****). Jaw hurts like hell too, but no fractures....
Hit the rear driver side, and then spun me into another car, so the front driver side is crunched a bit too....his Jetta is fubar though...

But we got about 12" so far, but now I dont' get to enjoy any of it....awesome...

EDIT: Dog is good too....
That sucks dudee... glad your all good! and your dogg! i know kids my age drive like jacka$$ out there.. i'm 18. i just drove the to inlet and there were cars spun out left and rightt.. people are so stupid.
Unread 12-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #35
Thor92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Just got back from the ER...got rearended in the TJ this morning taking my dog to the groomer...
Damm dude good to hear you're ok. Coulda been a lot worse.

We're almost at 2 ft here. Went out and had some fun earlier; almost nobody on the roads.

Take it easy...
Unread 12-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #36
mooseknuckle
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm just worried they are going to total it...back and front damage = no good...not to mention, the axle could be shot too....

It's paid for, and I REALLY don't want to get into a car payment right now....though I was thinking I could take the funds, trade in the beater hyundai car, and get a newer 4 dr (baby on the way in a month).....who knows...
Unread 12-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #37
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I'm just worried they are going to total it...back and front damage = no good...not to mention, the axle could be shot too....

It's paid for, and I REALLY don't want to get into a car payment right now....though I was thinking I could take the funds, trade in the beater hyundai car, and get a newer 4 dr (baby on the way in a month).....who knows...
If its totaled, buy it back and MOD the hell out of it. Glad you and your dog are ok.
EDIT: I would look for a deal on a 4Door JK.
I cant wait to put it to good use and wheel. Help some people out of ditches and stuck.

Brain
My avatar was the NJ snow in Feburary last year.
Unread 12-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #38
xxxflhrci

20" here. My YJ is parked nice and cozy under my carport and ain't moving till it melts and we get some rain to wash the salt off the roads.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #39
mooseknuckle
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansCJ View Post
If its totaled, buy it back and MOD the hell out of it. Glad you and your dog are ok.
EDIT: I would look for a deal on a 4Door JK.
I cant wait to put it to good use and wheel. Help some people out of ditches and stuck.

Brain
My avatar was the NJ snow in Feburary last year.
I was thinking the 4Dr JKs, but still, I think they're relatively expensive...I may go Xterra....not sure though...would prefer the JK over the Xterra, but it would depend on the payment.
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #40
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Today:

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #41
austinaubinoe
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Today we got like 22 inches in Potomac, MD (outside DC). Saw maybe 16 XJ's and even a couple with plows. there was this awesome convoy of 3 H1's decked out with racks and lights. Funny as hell seeing all these mercedes, hondas, and even 2WD SUV's stuck everywhere.

Lockers made such a difference getting traction!
austinaubinoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #42
MarkkInNJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

hahah i just back home from a driveee!! we have 16 plus they are sayingg.. i'll have pictures tomorrrow. but i pulled out a lot of carsss with some of my off-roading club! there was a semi slowly inchingg up a hill so we hooked it up to my yj, and a silverado to help it out (i think). and we actually pulled out a 2wd jeep!? WTF!? why would ANYONE make these!? or even have them!!!!
Unread 12-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #43
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

We have about 22" at my house - with more snow expected through at least Thursday - and no school closing, no school opening delays - none of that BS.

I think it's pretty funny how the East Coast gets so excited, let alone "shut down", by a little snow (:

Average annual snow fall (through 2002) where I live: 71" - which isn't much compared to other places.

Quote:
Valdez shrugs as snowfall tops 6 feet
Anchorage Daily News ^ | December 18th, 2009 08:02 AM | DEBRA McKINNEY
Posted on Fri Dec 18 11:19:08 2009 by thackney

Go ahead, grumble about the snowstorm that socked the Anchorage area this week. Depending on your side of town, and not counting the Hillside, the official tally is between 5.5 and 20 inches.

Now, put your ear to your freshly shoveled driveway, and you'll hear Valdez residents laughing.
"My God, our people don't even get out of bed for that, and I'm not kiddin' ya," said longtime resident Tom McAlister.
Snow started falling in Valdez early Monday morning and continued to fall like crazy. At one point on Tuesday, 4.8 inches fell in an hour. By Wednesday, 68.2 inches had piled up.

"On my tippy toes I could look over the top of it," said McAlister, who is 5-foot-8.

That makes it the second highest three-day snowfall on record for the town of 4,020, with top honors going to Feb. 4, 1996, when 74.6 inches fell over three days.

But snow deep enough to swallow McAlister wasn't the end of it. As of Thursday afternoon, the inch count was up to 76.5 -- 6 feet, 4.5 inches -- and, though slowing down, snow continued to fall.

Last edited by waterboarder; 12-19-2009 at 09:33 PM..
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 09:32 PM   #44
MarkkInNJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

alrighttt/.. well we're not all in alaska!
Unread 12-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #45
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkkInNJ View Post
alrighttt/.. well we're not all in alaska!
Well, hey, you didn't place any geographic exclusions in your OP (:
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.