How would you handle this stupid mistake? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > How would you handle this stupid mistake?

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

How would you handle this stupid mistake?

Alright, so I'm new to the office environment and today was my third day. So where I work, we receive complaints that the staff has to respond to via email or call (if we email, we need to CC the guy in charge of receiving these). Before I left, I sent out two emails to people and realized when I was going home that I completely forgot to put a subject line...I wouldn't care so much, but the guy who I CCed receives a ton of emails and needs case numbers for filing purposes. I feel absolutely embarrassed, it's such a stupid, careless mistake. I'm usually very good with emails but for these I had drafted the both of them and got so caught up in writing them I forgot the most basic form of email etiquette. Anyway, yeah, I'm embarrassed and feel dumb.

If I don't get a response from the two people when I arrive tomorrow morning, should I (a), resend the mails with a proper subject heading, or (b), just tell the guy I forgot to subject them and give him the case number.

Thanks.

Unread 06-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
McNasty35
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Doesn't sound like a big deal to me. Either of the two things you are thinking about doing would be fine.
McNasty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconis View Post
Alright, so I'm new to the office environment and today was my third day. So where I work, we receive complaints that the staff has to respond to via email or call (if we email, we need to CC the guy in charge of receiving these). Before I left, I sent out two emails to people and realized when I was going home that I completely forgot to put a subject line...I wouldn't care so much, but the guy who I CCed receives a ton of emails and needs case numbers for filing purposes. I feel absolutely embarrassed, it's such a stupid, careless mistake. I'm usually very good with emails but for these I had drafted the both of them and got so caught up in writing them I forgot the most basic form of email etiquette. Anyway, yeah, I'm embarrassed and feel dumb.

If I don't get a response from the two people when I arrive tomorrow morning, should I (a), resend the mails with a proper subject heading, or (b), just tell the guy I forgot to subject them and give him the case number.

Thanks.
I bet the guy you sent it too has made his fair share of small mistakes like that. Either of those options would work.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the advice. I just feel stupid since it was my first "real" task, and I don't want them to think I am inept in paying attention to detail.
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
MyKeyB
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconis View Post
Thanks for the advice. I just feel stupid since it was my first "real" task, and I don't want them to think I am inept in paying attention to detail.
I wouldn't worry to much about it. **** happens, most people understand that. It sounds like a small mistake and you caught it. I think you'll be alright.
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, you're right, I just have a tendency to dwell on little things...especially when I can't fix it right away.
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #7
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

You should have sent another email as soon as you noticed it.

"re: previous emails"

"Sorry, I think I might have left off the subject line. Would you like me to re-send?"
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
You should have sent another email as soon as you noticed it.

"re: previous emails"

"Sorry, I think I might have left off the subject line. Would you like me to re-send?"
That's exactly what I'd have done, but I didn't realize it until I was on the train home, and I don't have access to the work email server outside of the office. I'll just clear it up tomorrow with personnel.
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #9
nosheep
1983 CJ7 

just do what everyone else does and blame the tech (trust me I know).
nosheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #10
Monkeybomber
2013 JK Wrangler 

Or just recall the emails, I'm guessing if you're in an office you're using outlook or a similar program. Just recall and resend.
Monkeybomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #11
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well, he didn't care...at all. Lol. I suck
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:40 AM   #12
chowner
2014 WK 

B and move on
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.