How would you handle this stupid mistake? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > How would you handle this stupid mistake?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 06-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

How would you handle this stupid mistake?

Alright, so I'm new to the office environment and today was my third day. So where I work, we receive complaints that the staff has to respond to via email or call (if we email, we need to CC the guy in charge of receiving these). Before I left, I sent out two emails to people and realized when I was going home that I completely forgot to put a subject line...I wouldn't care so much, but the guy who I CCed receives a ton of emails and needs case numbers for filing purposes. I feel absolutely embarrassed, it's such a stupid, careless mistake. I'm usually very good with emails but for these I had drafted the both of them and got so caught up in writing them I forgot the most basic form of email etiquette. Anyway, yeah, I'm embarrassed and feel dumb.

If I don't get a response from the two people when I arrive tomorrow morning, should I (a), resend the mails with a proper subject heading, or (b), just tell the guy I forgot to subject them and give him the case number.

Thanks.

Unread 06-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
McNasty35
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Doesn't sound like a big deal to me. Either of the two things you are thinking about doing would be fine.
McNasty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconis View Post
Alright, so I'm new to the office environment and today was my third day. So where I work, we receive complaints that the staff has to respond to via email or call (if we email, we need to CC the guy in charge of receiving these). Before I left, I sent out two emails to people and realized when I was going home that I completely forgot to put a subject line...I wouldn't care so much, but the guy who I CCed receives a ton of emails and needs case numbers for filing purposes. I feel absolutely embarrassed, it's such a stupid, careless mistake. I'm usually very good with emails but for these I had drafted the both of them and got so caught up in writing them I forgot the most basic form of email etiquette. Anyway, yeah, I'm embarrassed and feel dumb.

If I don't get a response from the two people when I arrive tomorrow morning, should I (a), resend the mails with a proper subject heading, or (b), just tell the guy I forgot to subject them and give him the case number.

Thanks.
I bet the guy you sent it too has made his fair share of small mistakes like that. Either of those options would work.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the advice. I just feel stupid since it was my first "real" task, and I don't want them to think I am inept in paying attention to detail.
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
MyKeyB
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconis View Post
Thanks for the advice. I just feel stupid since it was my first "real" task, and I don't want them to think I am inept in paying attention to detail.
I wouldn't worry to much about it. **** happens, most people understand that. It sounds like a small mistake and you caught it. I think you'll be alright.
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, you're right, I just have a tendency to dwell on little things...especially when I can't fix it right away.
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #7
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

You should have sent another email as soon as you noticed it.

"re: previous emails"

"Sorry, I think I might have left off the subject line. Would you like me to re-send?"
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
You should have sent another email as soon as you noticed it.

"re: previous emails"

"Sorry, I think I might have left off the subject line. Would you like me to re-send?"
That's exactly what I'd have done, but I didn't realize it until I was on the train home, and I don't have access to the work email server outside of the office. I'll just clear it up tomorrow with personnel.
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #9
nosheep
1983 CJ7 

just do what everyone else does and blame the tech (trust me I know).
nosheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #10
Monkeybomber
2013 JK Wrangler 

Or just recall the emails, I'm guessing if you're in an office you're using outlook or a similar program. Just recall and resend.
Monkeybomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #11
Marconis
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well, he didn't care...at all. Lol. I suck
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:40 AM   #12
chowner
2014 WK 

B and move on
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.