How would you feel about a "stranger" washing your windows? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > How would you feel about a "stranger" washing your windows?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 01-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

How would you feel about a "stranger" washing your windows?

Suppose that one day, you came home and you found someone inside your house, washing your windows. When you inquired, "WTF?", possibly with a weapon drawn, the person explains that he/she was walking down the street and noticed the windows in your house were really dirty - and he/she decided that rather than leaving a note to let you know, that he/she would be kind, do you a favour, and clean them for you (free of charge, of course). He/she had already cleaned the outsides of the windows, and since you accidentally left the door open, he/she decided to clean the insides too - and was half way done when you came home. How would you feel about that?

waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I see what you did there

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
I see what you did there
It's no different in my opinion. One question is about the same as the other (:
Unread 01-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
AlTheKillerr

id give em a 10 dollar tip and grab a beer
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #5
vtjeepguy97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would probably suspect them of having an affair with my wife and of being too stupid to run/ make up a good excuse for being in said house!

This is all hypothetical, like you said, since i don't have either a wife nor a house.
vtjeepguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
Kiser10
2005 TJ Wrangler 

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Superman/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Superman/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG]
Kiser10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a good one for you guys.

The lock on our deck door used to be somewhat funny. You could unlock it with any key, or even wiggle the handle and turn at the same time and it would open. One day I was in the garage working on my jeep when I hear someone above me in the house. I figured it was the cats playing so I went back to the jeep. 5 minutes later someone opens the garage door cause they heard the music. It was a complete stranger. She was given instructions by the maid company to goto the first blue house on my street. She "unlocked" the deck door and came in. Started straightening up and thought nothing of it.

It was really creepy to see someone completely unexpected enter the garage from the house. Good thing she was kinda old and frail or else she wouldn't have to explain anything, I'd be explaining why there's a corpse on the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #8
4XGore
2 chicks at the same time

1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
It's no different in my opinion. One question is about the same as the other (:
You must really love your Jeep if you equate your house to it.
4XGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #9
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4XGore View Post
You must really love your Jeep if you equate your house to it.
I don't love my Jeep (or my house) at all. But they do equate, in that they are both personal property that others should not be ****ing with.

If you like, you can substitute Jeep windows for house windows, it's the same difference:

Suppose that one day, you came back to your Jeep and you found someone sitting inside it, washing your windows. When you inquired, "WTF?", possibly with a weapon drawn, the person explains that he/she was walking down the street and noticed the windows in your Jeep were really dirty - and he/she decided that rather than leaving a note to let you know, that he/she would be kind, do you a favour, and clean them for you (free of charge, of course). He/she had already cleaned the outsides of the windows, and since you left the door unlocked, he/she decided to clean the insides too - and was half way done when you came back to your Jeep. How would you feel about that?
Unread 01-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #10
4XGore

1980 CJ7 

Quote:
I don't love my Jeep (or my house) at all. But they do equate, in that they are both personal property that others should not be ****ing with.

If you like, you can substitute Jeep windows for house windows, it's the same difference:

Suppose that one day, you came back to your Jeep and you found someone sitting inside it, washing your windows. When you inquired, "WTF?", possibly with a weapon drawn, the person explains that he/she was walking down the street and noticed the windows in your Jeep were really dirty - and he/she decided that rather than leaving a note to let you know, that he/she would be kind, do you a favour, and clean them for you (free of charge, of course). He/she had already cleaned the outsides of the windows, and since you left the door unlocked, he/she decided to clean the insides too - and was half way done when you came back to your Jeep. How would you feel about that?
I would never kill someone for stealing my Jeep but I would kill someone for entering my house. If my Jeep was sitting like it usually does in the summer with the top and doors off and someone was cleaning my windows I would be suspicious of other motives. I doubt anyone would get very far in my Jeep. It needs the magic touch to get and keep running so I wouldn't worry about them stealing it. My Jeep is mothballed in the winter so no one is going to be cleaning the windows. But I know what you're saying. I just don't get as bent out of shape over things I own.
Unread 01-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #11
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I would never kill someone for stealing my Jeep but I would kill someone for entering my house.
Talk about loving your house more than your Jeep! I don't think I would kill someone for entering either one, FYI.

Quote:
I just don't get as bent out of shape over things I own.
Read the previous post again (:
Unread 01-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #12
4XGore

1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Talk about loving your house more than your Jeep! I don't think I would kill someone for entering either one, FYI.
Then why would you have a weapon drawn?

No I get what you're saying.
Unread 01-04-2010, 09:53 PM   #13
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

Personaly i would make them get out and back away slowly. At gunpoit.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #14
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Then why would you have a weapon drawn?
I didn't say that I would.

a). It was just part of the scenario. "When you inquired, "WTF?", possibly with a weapon drawn". I didn't say anything about ME.

b). I don't generally walk around with a gun.

c). If I did have a gun, and I did have it drawn, it would be about concern for my safety, rather than simply shooting them for entering (or stealing) my Jeep. You never know what some crackhead you catch in your Jeep is going to do. Best to be prepared (:
Unread 01-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #15
Ski01xj
2002 WJ 

I usually carry my gun with me. If I had it I'd probably have one hand on it, assuming I saw my door wide open when I knew it was not. And depending on the person and their demeanor I'd call the cops. I don't care if you had a steak dinner sitting on my kitchen table and a cold beer poured, its still breaking and entering.
Ski01xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.