How to survive a long plane ride? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > How to survive a long plane ride?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
87jeeper

How to survive a long plane ride?

Ugh, this weekend I leave for Korea, about a 15 hour plane ride . What the hell can I do to make it suck any less? i'll have my laptop charged up (about 3 hrs, tops), a mini dvd player, a cd player, a Nintendo DS charged up, and a book or two. Any tips to survive the trip?

87jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #2
War Eagle
BRAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!

Spend two hours in the bar before the flight getting tanked. When you get on the plane pop a couple of Klonopin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thexonexkid View Post
I was under the assumption that you were Keith?
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #3
YJBully
2000 WJ 

sleeping pills......say goodnight....or hopefully you have a hottie to sit next to......talk with her
NEBRASKA JEEP CLUB member #2

That being said........GO BIG RED!
YJBully is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2006, 10:41 PM   #4
Frooch

Break nite partying and go in on 37 hours of straight debauchery. By the time you get to your seat you'll be assed out for the next 15 for sure.
Frooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #5
got_4_lo

take many dvd's..... and your laptop charger most planes have AC sockets to plug them in....

and get TANKED, PLASTERED, &%^$-FACED, whatever you want to call it at the bar right before leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTJ
I came home to be spit on and protested against in Boulder, Colorado. Most of the people have no clue. And that's why we do what we do. We give up our freedom so they can enjoy their freedom.
got_4_lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2006, 10:52 PM   #6
lrsmithwhaley
1991 XJ Cherokee 

If you have an ipod or something like that, it might be helpful. Be careful getting plastered because some airlines don't let people that are drunk on a plane, esspeciially overseas flights.
Original Rust Jeep Club Member #2
Green Jeep Club Member #183
Air Force Jeep Club #76
lrsmithwhaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #7
TJgreg
2005 TJ Wrangler 

NYQUIL and one of those cool neck pilows to support yor head. noise canceling headphones rock too.
Unread 02-08-2006, 10:59 PM   #8
got_4_lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsmithwhaley
If you have an ipod or something like that, it might be helpful. Be careful getting plastered because some airlines don't let people that are drunk on a plane, esspeciially overseas flights.

well in that case, put some clear alcohol in a water bottle, and get plastered ON the plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTJ
I came home to be spit on and protested against in Boulder, Colorado. Most of the people have no clue. And that's why we do what we do. We give up our freedom so they can enjoy their freedom.
got_4_lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2006, 11:04 PM   #9
Awshux
Cynical Bastard

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Go to your doctor and get a prescription for Ambien. Take it after you've watched your first movie and had a meal, and you'll wake up just in time to watch one more movie before landing. I used to travel back and forth to Thailand for business on a regular basis, and this method worked great for me. Of course, I was sitting in business class, which removed much of the discomfort of a long flight.
Unread 02-08-2006, 11:06 PM   #10
00xj54
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle
Spend two hours in the bar before the flight getting tanked. When you get on the plane pop a couple of Klonopin.
Don't drink with your boys though. They might think it is funny to slip a box cutter into your bag or something.
[B]|15" Canyon Crawlers | 30x9.5 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos | [Lifted (2" Teraflex Spacers | 2.5" RE AAL | Edlebrocks IAS)| K&N Homebrew Intake | Flow Master 70 |Clear Corners/Side Markers| Class III Hidden Hitch | C4x4 Fronts Tow Hooks | JKS Discos | Surco Safari Rack | Hella 500s |
00xj54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2006, 11:17 PM   #11
War Eagle
BRAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awshux
Go to your doctor and get a prescription for Ambien.
Man, Ambien is bad business. The drug is classified as a hypnotic and has done just that to all my friends who have taken it. They think they got a good night's sleep until their friends inform them that they got up two hours after they went to sleep, called all their friends, went to the grocery store to buy 47 pineapples then sent a rather insulting email to their boss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thexonexkid View Post
I was under the assumption that you were Keith?
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2006, 11:23 PM   #12
Awshux
Cynical Bastard

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Man, Ambien is bad business. The drug is classified as a hypnotic and has done just that to all my friends who have taken it. They think they got a good night's sleep until their friends inform them that they got up two hours after they went to sleep, called all their friends, went to the grocery store to buy 47 pineapples then sent a rather insulting email to their boss.
Hmmm...that might explain why I woke up in the middle of one of my transoceanic voyages hancuffed to my seat with a stern-faced Federal Marshall sitting next to me.

Seriously, I never had any problems like you describe, but I was confined to an airplane cabin, so the opportunities for shenanigans were limited. I do remember a flight attendant appearing to melt in front of me just as I was drifting off to sleep one time, however.
Unread 02-08-2006, 11:34 PM   #13
Grady

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87jeeper
Ugh, this weekend I leave for Korea, about a 15 hour plane ride . What the hell can I do to make it suck any less? i'll have my laptop charged up (about 3 hrs, tops), a mini dvd player, a cd player, a Nintendo DS charged up, and a book or two. Any tips to survive the trip?
That's about it. I flew from Tulsa to Minnasota to Tokyo to Guam all in one shot. Almost 24 hours in the plane and about 4 total hours in Tokyo (no fun). Walked around alot but they don't like that too much on planes these days.

What doesn't kill you...
just hurts like hell.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #3
USN JEEP HULL #11
'02 TJ
'04 Grand Cherokee
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2006, 11:37 PM   #14
Blake
Redefining body roll

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
got up two hours after they went to sleep, called all their friends, went to the grocery store to buy 47 pineapples then sent a rather insulting email to their boss.
I would consider that a good night.

1999.5 Ford F250
6.8l V10 l Auto l 4WD l 4" Spring Lift | 4.30 Gears | 35" Treadwright MT/R's

Youtube

Twitter
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2006, 12:13 AM   #15
00xj54
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87jeeper
Are you a loud to use those electronic devices? I thought they caused interference.
[B]|15" Canyon Crawlers | 30x9.5 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos | [Lifted (2" Teraflex Spacers | 2.5" RE AAL | Edlebrocks IAS)| K&N Homebrew Intake | Flow Master 70 |Clear Corners/Side Markers| Class III Hidden Hitch | C4x4 Fronts Tow Hooks | JKS Discos | Surco Safari Rack | Hella 500s |
00xj54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.