how to sell a handgun? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > how to sell a handgun?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

how to sell a handgun?

How do you sell a handgun?

I am wanting to sell my Sig P226 .40 so I can afford my down payment.

...well I am not wanting to sell it but I think I have to sell it

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 08:39 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

-Sell it or consign it to a gun shop. Expect them to offer you %50-60 of its retail value or to take %30-40 of the consignment selling price as their fee.
-Sell it to somebody you know.
-Sell it at a gun show if that is legal in your location. I insist on seeing a permit to carry or permit to purchase. You may even want to write down and keep the buyers information.
-Sell it on one of the firearms auction sites like GunBroker.com.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.

Last edited by CJ7-Tim; 07-29-2009 at 02:46 PM..
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I've sold several guns on gunbroker.com It's easy. The buyer pays all transfer fees. Just remember that handguns are shipped USPS.
Unread 07-29-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
I've sold several guns on gunbroker.com It's easy. The buyer pays all transfer fees. Just remember that handguns are shipped USPS.
that is what I wanted to hear.

I would like to sell it with gunbroker. What exactly do I do? Do I just list it and when it sells make sure I get payed, the FFL dealer info, and make sure the person is over 21 and then just ship it to the FFL using USPS?

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 07-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

All firearms sales must go through an FFL holder (federal firearms license), unless it an antique. A private citizen may ship a firearm to an FFL, but not via USPS. Only an FFL can ship via USPS. So seller can have an FFL in his area ship via USPS. A private citizen can however ship via UPS and or FedX. If you sell to a non FFL, buyer should find an FFL to handle transaction. Have buyer send you a copy of FFL.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

What are you asking for it? I know there are some guys on JF that would have to be interested...
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #7
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDAVE View Post
All firearms sales must go through an FFL holder (federal firearms license), unless it an antique. A private citizen may ship a firearm to an FFL, but not via USPS. Only an FFL can ship via USPS. So seller can have an FFL in his area ship via USPS. A private citizen can however ship via UPS and or FedX. If you sell to a non FFL, buyer should find an FFL to handle transaction. Have buyer send you a copy of FFL.
Only interstate (or communist states) require an FFL. I don't know about Kansas, but here I can sell my firearm to any VA resident 18 years of age with zero paperwork required. If KS is similar, put in ad in the paper, and look for a local gun forum and post in their for sale section.

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #8
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan318 View Post
What are you asking for it? I know there are some guys on JF that would have to be interested...
I would let it go for $600 bucks. I bought it new a couple weeks ago and have only shot 100 rounds through it. I also have almost 500 rounds of .40 ammo I can let go with it for a little more....

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 07-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #9
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDAVE View Post
So as long as I am shipping it to a licensed FFL guy I can just ship it using UPS to them and not have to worry about getting an FFL on my side to ship it?

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 07-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #10
Bishop Creek
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
So as long as I am shipping it to a licensed FFL guy I can just ship it using UPS to them and not have to worry about getting an FFL on my side to ship it?
Yes. If you sell on Gunbroker, have the buyer send you a signed (in blue ink) copy from his FFL holder (gunshop, etc.). Then you can ship it via UPS directly to the FFL holder where your buyer can pick it up. Be aware that UPS may charge you an extra fee for shipping a hand gun.
Unread 07-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #11
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
Only interstate (or communist states) require an FFL. I don't know about Kansas, but here I can sell my firearm to any VA resident 18 years of age with zero paperwork required. If KS is similar, put in ad in the paper, and look for a local gun forum and post in their for sale section.
Im old enough to remember those days.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #12
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Creek View Post
Yes. If you sell on Gunbroker, have the buyer send you a signed (in blue ink) copy from his FFL holder (gunshop, etc.). Then you can ship it via UPS directly to the FFL holder where your buyer can pick it up. Be aware that UPS may charge you an extra fee for shipping a hand gun.
Ok great I think I will give it a try in the next couple days.

Do I have to tell UPS its a gun?

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 07-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #13
That1guy
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
Ok great I think I will give it a try in the next couple days.

Do I have to tell UPS its a gun?
Wont they be suprised at what you're packin.
Unread 07-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #14
iluvtruenos
2000 WJ 

Just go to the ghetto and be like "Yo, a white boy's gotta gun fo' sale yo!"

Sev' fiddy gets dis ting yo!

Rampant Pack of Retards group president.
2000 WJ, 4.5l, AX15, 242 D60/14b, 5.5" lift front, 7.5" rear. Ford Expedition rear coils, Ram 350 shocks, JKS, IRO Long Arms, cool Badlands flag thingy.
1987 XJ - Gone but not forgotten
iluvtruenos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #15
IAJack

http://www.gunlistings.org/

FREE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.