How long do you plan on owning your current Jeep? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > How long do you plan on owning your current Jeep?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 08-08-2014, 02:34 AM   #91
Davetha

2003 TJ Wrangler 

My Jeep and I have a bit of a love hate relationship. I've threatened to sell it, but hopefully I never do it.

Davetha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #92
Dead_End
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have no plans to get rid of either the '90 XJ or the TJ. However, I would be glad to trade the '93 XJ for something more gas-friendly. I want to try to get to 500k on one of the jeeps, and with 240k on the TJ and 405k on the '90 XJ I don't think that'll be a problem.
Dead_End is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #93
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

i use the law of diminishing returns.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2014, 09:14 PM   #94
06philaTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Plan on keeping mine until it dies, considering I only put 8,600 miles on it a year, I think it'll go for a long time (bought in 2011 with 36k now 62k). I've spent countless hours and a fair chunk of change on preventative maintenance and a build making it exactly how I want it for a daily-driver...comfortable yet capable. Just starting to get broken in now.
06philaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2014, 07:17 AM   #95
bigred33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

14 years and counting. Girl is a weekend around town queen anymore, maybe have put ~3000 miles on her in the past 5 years after retiring her from 9 years of DD duty. Always threaten to sell her in the winter, but never do.
bigred33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2014, 10:10 AM   #96
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I just sold my 2000 TJ on Saturday . I put the Jeep up for sale and decided if I could get what I wanted out of it, I would sell it. Well, someone came forward with the right offer. When he drove away in it I was kind of freaking out. I miss it, but am really excited about my next Jeep project!

Phone: (707)-544-4761 M-F 6AM – 5PM PST Sat 7:30AM – 5PM PST
automotiveforums@dpbrands.com
Matt@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #97
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Walken
there , is , no other , you , blasphemer !
this
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2014, 03:50 AM   #98
GMad
2001 WJ 

I keep throwing money at my 2001 WJ, so the plan is to keep it for a while. The problem is, I never usually keep any of my cars for any length of time!
 photo temporary_zps186294cd.jpg
GMad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2014, 09:04 PM   #99
MoparToYou
2014 JK Wrangler 

I think I've bought my last trail Jeep. Its a lot of work to set them up appropriately these days, so I'll probably just keep the one I have until they take my license away and put me in the old folks home.
Unread 08-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #100
marcall
2004 WJ 

I am keeping my 04 WJ forever! I hate buying new vehicles. I owned my previous vehicle since 1996 and still own it. This is my first Jeep (always wanted one, finally got one), last of the SA Grand Cherokees and the 4.0.

They can have my Jeep when they pry it from my cold dead hands !
marcall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2014, 04:47 PM   #101
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

Purchased my 71 in 84.
Drove cross country with twice
Wheeled it in snow, sand, mud, woods, you name it.
It has been rolled, hit, rebuilt, modified, painted, dented, then painted again.
My kids learned to drive in it at 6 and 10 years old.
I'll own it till I die, then the little bastards will rip themselves apart fighting over it......
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2014, 10:00 PM   #102
Scout734
...is this real life?

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just checking in to let you know I still have all my jeeps since my last post in this thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4pMoh1wBKk&NR=1

Yellow Jeep Club member #734
Scout734 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2014, 10:32 PM   #103
Cavasar
No Longer DD

1998 TJ Wrangler 

My parents bought it new in '98. They both drove it, then gave it to my sister, then to me when I left for college. So I plan on keeping it for the foreseeable future, it's paid off so it's not like it costs anything to keep it (except insurance). Also just picked up a Civic so it doesn't have to be my DD.

Unread 08-21-2014, 09:23 PM   #104
GunHo198
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavasar
My parents bought it new in '98. They both drove it, then gave it to my sister, then to me when I left for college. So I plan on keeping it for the foreseeable future, it's paid off so it's not like it costs anything to keep it (except insurance). Also just picked up a Civic so it doesn't have to be my DD.
Your right! It doesn't cost anything to park it in a garage. The problems that often happen with a Jeep that has been owned for soooo long by one person is, is that eventually so many mods have been done to it over its life time, that the Jeep becomes more trail worthy than street worthy. Some may say that's a great thing, but not for a daily driver like mine. All the after market and custom mods to make it trail worthy tend to fight themselves when you drive it on the street everyday. After awhile the Jeep can also loose its identity. I have so many different year Jeep, Ford, Saturn Vue, and Volvo parts on my Jeep, that if you asked my what year my YJ was, My response would be, which part???
Unread 08-27-2014, 08:36 PM   #105
billytoad631
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i learned my lesson in selling my jeeps.... always kicked myself a few weeks after selling one. you almost always lose money so theres no point in selling it to lose all the money in hard work.. i picked up a like new tj with only 42k on it and not a spec of rust. this one isn't falling apart like the other xj's i have owned so i plan on keeping it until it rots into the ground. i would like to pick up a daily that's a little better on gas and keep the TJ for the weekends/wheeling but that's not gonna be for a while

billytoad631 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
buy , exhaust , flowmaster , sell , Trade-in

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.