How long do you plan on owning your current Jeep? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > How long do you plan on owning your current Jeep?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-20-2014, 09:43 PM   #46
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Keeping it forever. The great thing about an XJ is that it's still practical for all sorts of other duties (car-camping, skiing, people-hauling, supply-getting, dog chariot) that were just a headache in my Wrangler, which is really just a toy the more I look back on it.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2014, 06:52 AM   #47
Scout734
...is this real life?

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Which Jeep? I currently have 4 titled in my name. Over the years I've had a total of 17 cars titled in my name, but the one I wish I still had was my '78 302 Mustang. I'd love to keep my 2000 TJ and 2011 GC forever, but forever and never are two words that are lost to me when it comes to life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4pMoh1wBKk&NR=1

Yellow Jeep Club member #734
Scout734 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2014, 07:07 AM   #48
Scout734
...is this real life?

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cause View Post
I had a '63 splitback Vet and a KR500GT Shelby that I thought would "be forever", but they're both gone, who would do that!
...life happens, but that one would have been a keeper for sure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4pMoh1wBKk&NR=1

Yellow Jeep Club member #734
Scout734 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #49
tj98
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My 99 TJ is the second vehicle in my family to have attained "keeper" status. The first being my Dad's 48 Chevy pickup that my Mom's Dad bought new. My Dad restored it when he retired a few years back and it's going to be around for a while.

The 99 was my son's first vehicle and his DD for nine years. He didn't want to let it get away from the family but needed a new DD so I somewhat reluctantly sold my 98 4 cylinder and took his 99 over as my "project Jeep". The 99 really fits what I need much better with the 4.0 and A/C. I kept enough of the good stuff I added to the 98 to help get the 99 to where I want it for the weekend cruising and the occassional wheeling I do.

I did a quick count and came up with 29 vehicles I've owned, five of those were 73-79 F-Series trucks. The last of those was a 79 F-250 4x4 that I bought from a friend of our family (it had been his Dad's) with the understanding he had first option on it should I decide to sell it. Once I got my Jeep I didn't have enough time to drive or work on the 79 and rather than let it sit outside and rot I sold it back to his family. That one I miss as it was pretty nice, they don't plan on letting it go.
14 JK Unlimited - Wife's
tj98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #50
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

"When they can pry it from my cold, dead hands!"

Or it rusts away to nothing.

'81 Eagle wagon with upgrades $2500
'87 Comanche shortbox 4.0/AW4/NP242 on 33" tires $3500
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #51
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I will keep my current TJ until the kids grow out of going Jeeping or they move out. Then I will build me a 2 seat buggy for me and the wife. This is my 5th Jeep I've took from stock to built, the one before this was a frame off rebuild of a 75 CJ5.

Sent from my XT881 freeze ray gun using JeepForum.
Unread 07-22-2014, 11:09 PM   #52
98TJcomeonuh
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would sell my '05 LJ today if I could.

Only vehicle I plan on keeping forever is my '95 f-150 reg cab swb 4wd
98TJcomeonuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 11:39 PM   #53
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I figure since we are on the subject I'd post up the Jeeps replacement. I made out like a bandit on this car. 43k miles and I got it for 17 off the lot, probably about 4-4500 less than what it should sell for but it was on a BMW lot. Leather seats, Remote start, premium factory sony sound system, 263 HP 3.5L V6 and some other stuff I'm forgetting. . It gets up and moves and gets 25 MPG average. I love it, handles great, rides great. I can't believe I had a Jeep for as long as I did.

2011 Ford Fusion Sport. Unfortunately for my wallet, there is an aftermarket following for the fusion sports so my wallet will be even lighter.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 11:50 PM   #54
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

GIFSoup
Unread 07-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #55
REF_NJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollster
I've had this one since 1989, and finally within the last 10 years or so, its increasing in value, at least when I look at the market... First time I can recall that ever happening in my life. Still, its a no sale for many reasons.
Wow, that's beauuutiful!
REF_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 09:28 PM   #56
REF_NJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustD
My dads friend rebuilt it for me, all I did was buy the parts. It cost somewhere around $350-$400 for the rebuild, that was all highest quality parts and a shift kit.
Consider yourself blessed! That's the BEST deal you can get. Period. Hahaaa
Unread 07-23-2014, 09:40 PM   #57
mjd4277
1998 XJ Cherokee 

As long as Chrysler still keeps making spare parts of it(or as long as junkyards still have parts as well,lol) I'll still keep driving it.

[IMG]C:\Users\owner\Pictures\2014-06-30 Nissan,Jeep[/IMG]
mjd4277 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 09:44 PM   #58
REF_NJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport
I figure since we are on the subject I'd post up the Jeeps replacement. I made out like a bandit on this car. 43k miles and I got it for 17 off the lot, probably about 4-4500 less than what it should sell for but it was on a BMW lot. Leather seats, Remote start, premium factory sony sound system, 263 HP 3.5L V6 and some other stuff I'm forgetting. . It gets up and moves and gets 25 MPG average. I love it, handles great, rides great. I can't believe I had a Jeep for as long as I did. 2011 Ford Fusion Sport. Unfortunately for my wallet, there is an aftermarket following for the fusion sports so my wallet will be even lighter.
My mother has one of those. I've driven it a few times and I have to admit, great car. Nice ride and even better MPG. But just not as exciting, to me, as simply being in my toy TJ.

Enjoy it! Can't say I WON'T ever own one because you never know.
Unread 07-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #59
mjd4277
1998 XJ Cherokee 

As long as Chrysler still keeps making spare parts for it(or as long as junkyards are still plentiful,lol),I'll keep driving it!
nissan-jeep-021.jpg  
mjd4277 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 10:16 PM   #60
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF_NJ
My mother has one of those. I've driven it a few times and I have to admit, great car. Nice ride and even better MPG. But just not as exciting, to me, as simply being in my toy TJ. Enjoy it! Can't say I WON'T ever own one because you never know.
I thought I was gonna have my jeep forever too. But the sport version is super fun to drive. Handles the turns awesome and is pretty quick. Never thought I'd be in a car like this haha. The MPG on the sport isn't as good as the SEL 3.0L V6 or the 4banger fusion but it makes up for it with the fact that its more fun to drive, and not a normal fusion. People don't expect to be as quick as it is.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
buy , exhaust , flowmaster , sell , Trade-in

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.