How long do you plan on owning your current Jeep? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > How long do you plan on owning your current Jeep?

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-19-2014, 06:29 AM   #31
Cause
WHAT !!!!

I learned decades ago not to have an undying attachment to anything. All you saying 'forever', I doubt it. Life changes, priorities change. I'll keep it for awhile, but have no illusion, at some point it will go, just as the other 64 vehicles I've owned.

Cause is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2014, 09:40 AM   #32
gregstudeny
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bought my 06 tj in 06 second owner with 500 miles. Paid off in 2008. It now has 70,000 miles and had been retired from dd duties. Plan on keeping it for ever. Just got an 06 wk with 90,000 for a dd. Plan on keeping it until I finish school and buy a house.
gregstudeny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #33
rubiconrich
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I will be keeping mine till I die. Ex-wife hated me spending money on it. Lost my tj thru the divorce. Was lucky enough to re-buy it. Will drive it till I can't and then I'll park it so I can see it every day. My daughter and grand daughter want it and I'll leave it to them.
rubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #34
Tollster
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cause View Post
I learned decades ago not to have an undying attachment to anything. All you saying 'forever', I doubt it. Life changes, priorities change. I'll keep it for awhile, but have no illusion, at some point it will go, just as the other 64 vehicles I've owned.
I agree, having been through 40 vehicles myself, but as you said, priorities and life changes, and once in a while, it changes from you typically expect.

I have two keeper now, one 2 wheeler I have too much in to sell, and looks almost as nice as it did 17 years ago, and my CJ-5..

I cannot recall ever getting more than I had in it when the sale came, perhaps close, even with receipts, but when you figure your time and labor, particularly do-it-your-selfers, so I always laugh when I see a for sale ad, stating "Over 10 K invested, but will sell for 4500."
Not much of an investment I think to myself...

No doubt, keeping paperwork from accessories, and a history of maintenance helps, its never near what you have in it, even when you don't need the money... to push the sale..
Tollster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2014, 10:20 AM   #35
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've got mine up for sale right now. Recently, I considered starting a Brute project with it. I thought that I was going to have this one forever. Either way, I will be buying another Jeep and starting a new project. I think that I will always have a Jeep but probably not the same one forever.

Phone: (707)-544-4761 M-F 6AM 5PM PST Sat 7:30AM 5PM PST
automotiveforums@dpbrands.com
Matt@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2014, 10:33 AM   #36
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sold mine two days ago and don't miss it one bit. Actually thought it would be harder to let go but I guess the number of zeros on the check made up for it.
Unread 07-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #37
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I don't plan on ever getting rid of this one. Learned from my mistake selling my last YJ
Unread 07-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #38
Cause
WHAT !!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollster View Post
I agree, having been through 40 vehicles myself, but as you said, priorities and life changes, and once in a while, it changes from you typically expect......
I had a '63 splitback Vet and a KR500GT Shelby that I thought would "be forever", but they're both gone, who would do that!
Unread 07-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #39
Jetscuh
O rly?

Quote:

I had a '63 splitback Vet and a KR500GT Shelby that I thought would "be forever", but they're both gone, who would do that!
What was your first ride? Horse and chariot? Ark?

Jetscuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2014, 12:57 PM   #40
Cause
WHAT !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh View Post
What was your first ride? Horse and chariot? Ark?

Sorry, it was a '49 ford with a 350 dual-quad 4 bolt Chevy and Muncie 4 spd.

I'd of given you ride, probably like you've never had before... but that was 20+ years before you were even a twinkle in you fathers eye!

Unread 07-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #41
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

My parents bought the 1998 TJ SE that I now call mine. I plan on keeping it as long as I can. (Forever is a long time!) My JK on the other hand, is more expendable than my TJ is. Since I STILL haven't gotten my wife to learn to drive a stick shift, something may have to give on the JK I'm afraid... Maybe I can convince her to buy a Renegade or something.
Unread 07-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #42
Hurley91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport
Sold mine two days ago and don't miss it one bit. Actually thought it would be harder to let go but I guess the number of zeros on the check made up for it.
What did you buy? Or plan on buying?
Unread 07-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #43
WJ04
2004 WJ 

I regret trading my 2004 TJ:

I traded it so the wife could have this. I like the patriot a lot but really wish I would have kept the TJ too. And although it's no rock crawler it's pretty awesome in snow, heavy rain, long trips, and mild off-road.

This is my WJ that I think I will keep as long as I can:
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #44
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post
What did you buy? Or plan on buying?
Idk, I know its gonna be a regular car. So Maybe a 2013 Focus hatchback or a 2012 4 banger fusion. Something along those lines. For my commute to work i really need an actual car with decent gas mileage. Really liking the lineup of cars that Ford has, not too big a fan of much else out there.
Unread 07-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #45
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

That's easy. Until I can't fix it anymore.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
buy , exhaust , flowmaster , sell , Trade-in

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.