how does my diet sound - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > how does my diet sound

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #16
toates89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

well i just finished a 3.5 mile run, and since i only have been eating cereal i noticed i lacked so much power, i do eat several apples a day,

how does this sound
special k
eggs
and a apple
skim milk for the cereal
and a glass of oj for breakfast

lunch
apple
special k
and some salad

and dinner
some meat
and veggies
and special k

i add special k to each meal because it makes me lose intrest in eating so i eat less

toates89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #17
The Rat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape
As I mentioned above diet is a bad word. You should not avoid any food, it will only make you want it more and when you do finally cave and eat it you will eat way to much. You can eat everything you want to you just have to eat in moderation, and be aware of how it fits into the food groups which you need to eat to provide proper nutrition to your body. Also eating a 4000 calory prime rib dinner with a huge baked potato loaded with everything plus 10 beers is not a reason to eat nothing the next 3 days to make it right. As said above that is ok if done rarely. Just go back to your regular healthy eating the next day and be happy.
I forgot to note that point before and came back to edit my post. I only realized it when I opened my freezer and saw my half eaten (now all eaten) pint of Ben and Jerry's from last week.

Stop eating Special K with every meal. Just cuz it says it can help you lose weight doesn't mean you should eat it for every meal. And stick to a 3 meal + 2 snacks a day, this keeps you energized throughout the day and helps speed up your metabolism. Also, Special K isn't incredibly high in fiber (most of your diet listed there isn't). Fiber is often overlooked but is key, especially if you want to make a long term change.
Unread 01-28-2008, 04:06 PM   #18
Rob99
You come back...one year!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2
I don't know what calastics are, but ANY type of activity that raises your heartrate will require better fuel than cereal.
It's the bag you poop in when they remove your colon.
Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #19
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99
It's the bag you poop in when they remove your colon.

Oops! I think you mean colostomy That's the bag you poop in when they take your colon... It would be an ileostomy if they take your entire colon (that's really nasty...liquid poop!)
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #20
toates89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

idk if i misspelled but i do tons of push ups and jumpinh jacks, sit ups, but its very hard to find fiber with my school food. how about some beers for fiber, it is the liquid bread. now for all that will flame me for drinking while trying to tone up, i like to go out and drink so i rather run another mile the next day and scarafice not being as tone as i want to drink
toates89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #21
kiksroks
2004 TJ Wrangler 

the bottom line:
you have to burn more calories than you eat everyday to lose weight. regardless of where they come from. 250 calories of special k is the same as 250 from bacon(about 2.5 slices). You should be eating about 1900 calories (100 calories for every 10lbs lean body weight per day) +/- depending on your basal metabolic rate to maintain 190lbs. If I were you I would just count calories and eat a variety of foods. In years past I have lost 50+lbs in < 6 months simply by running my *** off at the gym and counting calories.

Low Output 4cyl Jeep Club Member #777
<><
kiksroks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2008, 06:04 PM   #22
EagerJeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by toates89
idk if i misspelled but i do tons of push ups and jumpinh jacks, sit ups, but its very hard to find fiber with my school food. how about some beers for fiber, it is the liquid bread. now for all that will flame me for drinking while trying to tone up, i like to go out and drink so i rather run another mile the next day and scarafice not being as tone as i want to drink

You can work off the sugar but you can't work off the extra insulin that your putting in your system to handle the carbs. If you're trying to tone up then those carbs are very counterproductive. Excess insulin has also been implicated in coronary artery disease and high cholesterol levels - among other things.
EagerJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #23
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiksroks
the bottom line:
you have to burn more calories than you eat everyday to lose weight. regardless of where they come from. 250 calories of special k is the same as 250 from bacon(about 2.5 slices). You should be eating about 1900 calories (100 calories for every 10lbs lean body weight per day) +/- depending on your basal metabolic rate to maintain 190lbs. If I were you I would just count calories and eat a variety of foods. In years past I have lost 50+lbs in < 6 months simply by running my *** off at the gym and counting calories.
Calories may be calories but different food effects your body different ways. Go to www.bodybuilding.com and read up.

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2008, 11:03 PM   #24
The Rat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toates89
You've already played your ignorance card once. If you're gonna leave idiotic replies like this one, then you're SOL when it comes to getting sound advice.

You sound like a generic retarded college bro guy. You have absolutely no concept of anything remotely intelligent. It really bugs me that I tried to throw it out there and give you some help in changing the way you eat and in preventing you from making quite possibly the worst decision in the long history of people eating. Even ***** vegans have variety in their diet.

You wanna go out and drink beer? Get used to the fact that if you don't have a reasonable diet to back it up, you're probably gonna end up with a gut. And get serious, beer doesn't have fiber. Your "liquid bread" comment refers to the insane amount of carbs in beer. Not the good kind of carbs that you find in pasta or bread either.

Change your attitude towards the people trying to help you out and maybe they won't cut you off.
Unread 01-28-2008, 11:20 PM   #25
kiksroks
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJoe2002
Calories may be calories but different food effects your body different ways. Go to www.bodybuilding.com and read up.

i thought we were trying to drop a few lbs

Low Output 4cyl Jeep Club Member #777
<><
kiksroks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2008, 07:04 AM   #26
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiksroks

i thought we were trying to drop a few lbs
There are alot of good topics on nutrition on there.

Everyones body is different. Whatever works for you is worth doing.

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2008, 07:39 AM   #27
brianarrr
Iron Maiden Fan

2006 TJ Wrangler 

As far as alcohol goes, best way to not gain weight is drink clear liquors, like vodka. Darker ones like whiskey have around 80 calories per shot, something like that. You drink half a bottle of whiskey with some coke and thats about 1800 calories.

And stop eating so much special k.
brianarrr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:17 AM   #28
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Slow down on the carbs. Carbs=sugar! 30-45 grams per meals is all you need. The Special K has 33g for each serving. Lean meats and lots of veggies.

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2008, 11:16 AM   #29
vitapimp
Owner of REPOST™

1998 TJ Wrangler 

your special K diet is the most stupidest bit of marketing that you could fall for. when it comes to food, anything out of a box is not healthy because it is mostly processed and contains preservatives.

the concept of dieting is one of the worst concepts man has created. you take overweight people, put them on a diet, once the reach their goal weight what happens next? the first thing they do is celebrate by stopping their diet. 3-6 months later they have gained all the weight back and then they tell all their friends that diets don't work.

well they are right, diets don't work because a diet is something you start then stop.

for anyone who wants to lose weight the best thing they can do is change their lifestyle. the only way someone will drop pounds and KEEP them off is to CHANGE THEIR LIFESTYLE. change how they eat, change how they excerscise, change who they party, change how they sleep.

until you decide to do that, I feel sorry for all the people who keeep pumping you with advice that you will never take. it is just wasted effort.

If you are willing to change your lifestyle there is a lot you could do while in college. I've got some tips but you need to seriously consider making a permanent change and not just wanting a quick fix to drop a few pounds only to gain them back.
<>< Member #35
Red Jeep Club Member #337

What you are is God's gift to you...
What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
Make a change. Be different.
vitapimp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #30
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

eat chicken breasts and fruits and veggies. you will bulk up and lose some weight. but you cant forget to work out and excercise. ...drink milk too its good for the bones

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.