How do you get ride of cat pee smell? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > How do you get ride of cat pee smell?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 01-02-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
MarkoPo
2005 WK 

How do you get ride of cat pee smell?

Our 4 year old cat has recently decided to make our upstairs her own bathroom first she took a #2 in our room then peed in it 2 days later. Yesterday she peed in our daughter's nursery. I cleaned up the first 2 messes right away and yesterday my wife didn't bother towel drying the area at all, she just squirted a bunch of foam cleaner on and left it. I got the carpet cleaner out and went over the area about 7 or 8 times. The stain is gone but the smell is still there. Any idea's how to get the smell out? I think I might try to steam the area again, but I don't know if it will work. I think the foam cleaner just pushed the pee way into the carpet. The cat is in the old dog crate in the detached cold garage if anyone is wondering. I informed my wife she will not be coming back into the house. Anyone want a free cat? She is a great pet

Hemi Club member #2
Bonafide Gun Guru
MarkoPo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
dogbluedrummer
Trust me....

2001 TJ Wrangler 

50/50 white vinegar to water
apply liberally - soak the area intended
shop vac and repeat

when completely dry, use baking soda, lots of it
sprinkle, work into carpet, wait 30 min, vaccuum
repeat

The vinegar neutralizes the ammonia in cat pee.
Baking powder absorbes any remaining stink...including vinegar.
Everything I need to fix on the heep: ABS indicator, speed 4 on the blower fan, torn softop over driver's head, both seat release/tilt cables, missing center cap on spare, broken under hood light, wire up the CB, wiring problem with the reverse lights, broken bottle jack, leaky front and rear pinion seals, loose trackbar relocation bracket, torn drivers seat on the side, broken center console lock, lost nuts for door hinges, squeaking centering ball, loose parking brake cable, oil change and rotate the tires.
My build threadhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/free-wife-good-home-pics-included-528892/
dogbluedrummer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 01:23 PM   #3
glockfire

Kill the cat

Marine Corps Jeep Club Member #4
glockfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
kelly0724
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockfire
Kill the cat

97 TJ Sport 4.0, 4.5" RE Long Arm, 33" MT, U-Turn Steering and 1 bushwacker flare left
kelly0724 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
TJ-Marine PA
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nature's Miracle enzimatic cleaner works on well for dog pee. I think they sell a special version for cats haven't tried it as my cats don't seem to have issues finding the litter box. Pet-co and pet smart both sell this brand.
JarHead Jeep Club Member #8 www.bbnt4x4.org
Go Pittsburgh!!! Go Penn State!!!
TJ-Marine PA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #6
MarkoPo
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockfire
Kill the cat
Trust me if killing the cat would get rid of the odor she would of been dead yesterday.
Thanks for all the good idea's I'm gonna try the vinagar and water, it won't ruin the color in the carpet at all will it? It is a real light carpet so I'm guessing it will be ok.
Hemi Club member #2
Bonafide Gun Guru
MarkoPo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
RollerHman
BMW drivers are ****s

1999 XJ Cherokee 

i buy a special solution from a pet store. i think its the one in the red/white bottle. only product that i have used that actually works. thankfully my kitty has never pee'd in my house, knock on wood.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #46

99 XJ
98 BMW 328is
RollerHman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 02:17 PM   #8
TJ-Marine PA
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerHman
i buy a special solution from a pet store. i think its the one in the red/white bottle. only product that i have used that actually works. thankfully my kitty has never pee'd in my house, knock on wood.
That is nature's miracle.
JarHead Jeep Club Member #8 www.bbnt4x4.org
Go Pittsburgh!!! Go Penn State!!!
TJ-Marine PA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #9
dogbluedrummer
Trust me....

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Won't hurt the color. All is good.
Everything I need to fix on the heep: ABS indicator, speed 4 on the blower fan, torn softop over driver's head, both seat release/tilt cables, missing center cap on spare, broken under hood light, wire up the CB, wiring problem with the reverse lights, broken bottle jack, leaky front and rear pinion seals, loose trackbar relocation bracket, torn drivers seat on the side, broken center console lock, lost nuts for door hinges, squeaking centering ball, loose parking brake cable, oil change and rotate the tires.
My build threadhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528892
dogbluedrummer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 05:47 AM   #10
Killian

Vinegar does not work. The family cat was kind enough to pee my jeep about 6wks back. I tried all the cheap fixes and it just smelled like cat pee in a flower garden outside a vinegar plant.

Use (don't try) Fresh and Clean cat and odor eliminator Oxy strength with arm and hammer deodorizers. It is sold at Pet Smart for ~10 bucks. First time and odor was gone. I sprayed it liberally on the affected area and allowed it to soak into the fabric. It has a clean sanitary smell - not perfume-y. It will get rid of the odor.
Unread 01-04-2008, 06:06 AM   #11
Metzgerhund
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My wife is an administrative director of a no kill shelter and also an animal control officer. We also have 16 dogs and occasionally cats at our house. The stuff we have found works the best is Odo-Ban. http://www.odoban.com/OdoBanRetail/M..._Products.html Not that easy to find locally in stores, but can be bought through the internet.
Metzgerhund is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 08:23 AM   #12
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Kids & Pets works even better than Nature's Miracle does.
Unread 01-04-2008, 08:27 AM   #13
tjthorson
2014 JK Wrangler 

We had bought a house once - turned out they had a cat that went all over the living room - they had lots of candles burning when we looked at the house. Even after we ripped up the carpet - it was still bad.

We soaked everything with Massengill ******. Sounds crazy - but it worked....
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #50
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Gecko Green (Wife's DD)
Gecko Green Jeep Club Member #1
2005 Yellow Unlimited Rubicon (sold)
My Band! -> http://www.forgethannah.com
http://www.toddsplace.com
tjthorson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #14
unsung

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Do they make that in a 55 gallon drum?
unsung is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #15
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

You may want to clean the litter box... That's usually the reason a cat will go anywhere else. He's trying to tell you something.

Ohh yeah, and Natures Miracle does work!

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.