How did you ask your Girlfriend/now Wife to Marry you? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > How did you ask your Girlfriend/now Wife to Marry you?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-20-2009, 06:07 AM   #1
bensmiata

How did you ask your Girlfriend/now Wife to Marry you?

Where and how did you ask her?

bensmiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 06:32 AM   #2
TanTJ04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't pull out!!

There is already many threads on this do a search!
2004 TJ X 5spd, 30-Aussie locker and Chromo'd, 44-lsd & disc brakes, 4" Currie lift, Anti-rock, 1.25" bl, UCF 1" skid & Lo-pro mount, AA SYE, JKS MML, ZJ V8 Tierod, JKS Trackbars, smittybuilt winch w/ synthetic line, Caravan fuel injectors, CAI, TB spacer, flowmaster 44 2.5", 35x12.50x15 km2, 7" fenders, uniden cb
TanTJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #3
Patriotic_Giant
1986 FSJ Wagoneer 

Seven years and counting ...... still waiting for the right moment.
Patriotic_Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 06:38 AM   #4
mooseknuckle
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I pump-faked her. She somehow knew I bought the ring that evening, and i had it in my pocket.

Her: "what's in your pocket? the ring?"
Me: "no" (laughs)
Her: "you can't even lie"
I slide down onto the floor from the other couch and start to crawl over to her
Her: "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god"
Me: (pulls phone out of pocket) "oh, it's just my phone"
Her: "you're an ***hole!!!"

Then I pulled the ringbox out of my pocket and asked her....

Kind of cheesy but it was funny at the same time. Not in any way, shape, or form, what I had planned, but she kind of forced the issue. She hates being surprised and since she expected it, anything I had planned wouldn't have been a surprise for her at all. Kind of Frustrating on my end. I was up against it too because she always watched those proposal shows and I thought, "how do i compete with that crap?" I'm happy with the way it happened.
mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 06:42 AM   #5
RebuildRookie
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I did the whole Rocky Balboa thing "Yo Adrian, you know I waz thinkn, you know that uh, I lika you and you lika me and maybe, you know we could get married if you dont mind to much"

Not really, just laying on the couch with her, I rolled off of it and got on a knee and pulled the ring out of my pocket, she knew it was coming so doing something really surprising wasnt going to work. But she was surprised how I did it, ooooor maybe she just acted surprised to make me feel good. Anyway 10 years and going strong.
And you keep the terrorists in check before you get your *** blowed off.[/B][/FONT]
RebuildRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #6
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Rock Frogs' Forum • View topic - Maroon Peak 9-18-09
Unread 11-20-2009, 06:55 AM   #7
martinsburgjeep
I is the laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensmiata View Post
Where and how did you ask her?
which one?

^^^ a clear as indication as any that you should take my advice on the situation
Unread 11-20-2009, 06:57 AM   #8
sparkchaser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I gave her the ring and told her the time and place to be for the wedding.
"Sandstorms inflict damage of about $540 million per year, and losses of crops and forests due to acid rain amount to about $730 million per year. More serious are the $6 billion costs of the "green wall" of trees being built to shield Beijing against sand and dust, and the $7 billion per year of losses created by pest species. We enter the zone of impressive numbers when we consider the onetime cost of the 1996 floods ($27 billion, but still cheaper than the 1998 floods), the annual direct losses due to desertification ($42 billion), and the annual losses due to water and air pollution ($54 billion). The combination of the latter two items alone costs China the equivalent of 14% of its GDP each year." - Jared Diamond, Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
sparkchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 07:06 AM   #9
Mitchin
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
haha love the part where you say "after a little bit of negotiation she finally said yes" haha best part and congratulations man!
NIGHT CREW #16
Yellow Jeep Club #67

My Build Thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...-sport-973277/
Mitchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 07:41 AM   #10
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Thanks
Unread 11-20-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
hyperrust
1998 TJ Wrangler 

She loves horses, so I took her to a horse B&B and we went trail riding. I proposed on horseback, terrified the entire time that the horse would run off with me. (I'm not much of an equestrian.)
hyperrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #12
PDX_XJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm divorced now, but...

When we first met, one of our fondest memories was a time we ended up under a fountain in Washington Park, here in Portland. (this one: http://ntldr.com/Attachments/f5d009a...MG_1378p_2.jpg) It's bigger than it looks. You can stand under it, and it is like a big umbrella.

I don't remember if the fountain was on, but it was raining so hard it might as well have been. What we both remember was the raindrops rang off the bronze like bells chiming. Such a beautiful sound.

Years later, we were in the park, and I pulled her under the fountain for a kiss, like we'd done in college. She thought it was spontaneous, until I got one one knee and showed her the ring.
Unread 11-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #13
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Proposed piss drunk in a hot tub at Lake Tahoe, she said yes. Had to knock 'er up to get her to set a date. Found out on a Wednesday she was pregnant, we were married on Sunday!

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 09:54 AM   #14
Thirty-Eight
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I rigged a kill switch in the cherokee and we went for a little drive, coming down the hill i flipped the switch and made it look like i was breaking down. I coasted to a stop at the baseball field, popped the hood and pretended to be tinkering with the jeep. Now mind you, she just got off work at the salon and is in high heels and a skirt, and theres a foot of snow on the ground.

I told her to come out and look at someting for me. After coaxing her to come out in the snow I dropped down and did the deed.

A little crude i guess, but at least in involved a jeep

"If I were two faced, why in hell would i wear this one?"-___Abraham Lincoln

"Men are like steel.When they lose their temper, they lose their worth"_____Chuck Norris
Thirty-Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #15
Paul04TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Sitting on her folks front porch I pulled out a piece of paper and gave it to her.
She's like "What's this for?" And then she realized it was a Lay-away reciept for a ring.

We were poor, I always regetted not being more romantic about it. But she says it was romantic. And love telling her friends the story.
I bought her a 1/2 carat for our 10th anniversary to replace the 1/4 she had, She didn't want it. The 1/4 reminds her of how far we came.

We just celebrated 23 years last month.
Red Jeep Club Member # 269
'04 Wrangler 'X'
Paul04TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.