How bad is rust in MA from road salt? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > How bad is rust in MA from road salt?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-10-2007, 11:24 AM   #16
BGarner
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame0086
Although over here Washington State Patrol will give you a ticket for driving to fast for conditions. Or if they want they can do driving neglance or reckless driving.
We can do that here as well.

Unread 11-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #17
jmh1

Going back to the question about road salt, Massachusetts and Rhode Island use so much more salt than other states. I live in RI near the MA border and instead of plowing the streets they just salt them w/o plowing. My mechanic said my car was once owned in MA because of the type of rust on it... and he was right!
However, New Hampshire does a great job with their roads (completely clear right after a storm), and they barely use any salt. Go figure...
Unread 11-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #18
captainauti
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

RI checking in..... having lived in maine for winters in the snow belt. it drives me nuts how mass and ri take care of the roads in winter. might be 34 degrees. lets salt just in case. idiots. as far as buying a car from here, if you plan on keeping it. keep looking. its crazy how much rust forms on a 3 year old truck here.
2011 F150 4x4 5.0 Coyote SVT Supercrew
2008 E450 v10 Jayco Greyhawk 28 (tildah)

captainauti is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.