Hey you Rc guys!!!! i need some help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Hey you Rc guys!!!! i need some help

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
mitchf350
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey you Rc guys!!!! i need some help

Ok i have a Hpi savage 25. And it hasnt been run in like 2 years due to wome parts i needed to order. I took the glow plug out and the piston looks to be rusted. I tried to turn it over but it is locked up. What should i do. Spray some wd40?

Unread 03-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
J_Thack
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Let the wd-40 soak in there for a few minutes and then turn the motor over by hand. Make sure it turns over before you put the roto start on it.
Unread 03-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
mitchf350
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Great it's turning over now. Just got to get it started and a new steering servo. Thanks
Unread 03-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
4LarXedo4
1990 YJ Wrangler 

make sure to get some wd-40 in the carb and the fuel inlet, that nitro fuel likes to gum up if it sits too long
4LarXedo4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
mitchf350
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well it fired right away but now I can't get it to go. Glow plug is good. Got fuel changed the air filter. What is the shelf life on 20% nitro. the stuff I had is like 2 years old. But it has been kept in a cool basement.
Unread 03-05-2010, 06:06 PM   #6
4LarXedo4
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchf350 View Post
Well it fired right away but now I can't get it to go. Glow plug is good. Got fuel changed the air filter. What is the shelf life on 20% nitro. the stuff I had is like 2 years old. But it has been kept in a cool basement.
i've ran on 2 year old gas before but ya never know, it could be no good. best bet is set it back to factory tune and adjust it from there, or fiddle with it as is. if she's spitting fuel out the exhaust your gonna have to lean it out a bit to get it going
4LarXedo4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #7
mitchf350
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got it running and spent some time tunning it. Can anyone recomend a steering servo. This will be my third one. I blew the stock one a week after I bought the thing, than i bought a all metal jr racing one that locked up. What would be a good one fo about 30 to 40 bucks?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.