Help me ID this vehicle: Potential Criminal Caught on Tape - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Help me ID this vehicle: Potential Criminal Caught on Tape

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Help me ID this vehicle: Potential Criminal Caught on Tape

There have been a slew of knocked over mail boxes and stolen mail lately in my friend's neighborhood. He's a teacher at a local school and thinks it's one of the students who has it in for him. Please see the attached videos. It's tough to see but I'm trying to figure out what type of SUV/Van this is.

The back of it has a very distinctive curve around the license plate, which sits just below the tail lights. If we can positively ID the type of car it would help TREMENDOUSLY.

I appreciate it.

Video 1, Vehicle pulls up:

Video 2: After the kid opens the mailbox, he walks back to the vehicle, cell phone in left hand, he unlocks the car:

Video 3: Vehicle drives in front of neighbors house, parks, then puts the car in reverse. You can see this in the reflection of the car parked on the driveway:

Still 1, vehicle pulls up:

Still 2, suspect is in mailbox:

Still 3, vehicle drives in front of driveway, then stops in front of neighbors house (you can see the tail light reflections in the car parked on the driveway in Video 3):

[QUOTE=DcMuff;10356365]P[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]REPOST[/COLOR][/SIZE]erous...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dead_End;13002119]hurr durr I gots a truk[/QUOTE]
FourbyFour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
bobjp

2007-2009 Honda Odyssey is my guess.

I was going to suggest a Focus wagon or Passat wagon, but since you said it's a van...

I can't watch the videos.
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp View Post
Ford Focus wagon?

Or VW Passat wagon?

I can't watch the videos.
Are the vids not working?

[QUOTE=DcMuff;10356365]P[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]REPOST[/COLOR][/SIZE]erous...[/QUOTE]

Unread 05-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It looks like a Toyota Sienna to me....

Or a Honda minivan...but I'm sticking with my first answer. Good luck!

White Jeep Club Member #808

My Build Thread
Diabl0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabl0 View Post

Thanks!

This is also a good match:

Unread 05-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Subaru Outback?
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
Thanks!

This is also a good match:

Doesn't match the last picture you posted. That's what I based my Toyota Sienna answer off of.

My Build Thread
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Doesn't match the last picture you posted. That's what I based my Toyota Sienna answer off of.
I think it matches pretty darn close. The curve of the license plate well is small on bottom, large on top..just like the video.

Sienna is also an excellent educated guess, but I can't seem to find a photo of one with the same license plate well configuration . Do you have one?

Unread 05-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #9
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm basing my answer off of how the tail lights wrap around the side of the vehicle, and the how the headlights look. Not basing it off of the license plate setup which may be irrelevant/too hard to tell.

http://visualogs.com/images/2013/03/...-Wallpaper.jpg

The last picture it is way too long to be an SUV. Also look at the rear tire. There is no fender gap like an SUV would have. Front license plate also sits too low for it to be a Q7.

My Build Thread
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #10
B52dude
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It could be a Jetta/ Passat Wagen, but I think it looks like a Honda Odyssey, because of how tall it is.

Red Jeep Club #614
B52dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #11
bobjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
Are the vids not working?
They probably work, they're blocked for me.

I edited my response. I think a 2007-2009 Honda Odyssey. Wrap around tail lights, massive headlights, and license area kind of matches what you say.
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #12
MrsVanWhowho
1999 WJ 

Quote:

I second the Toyota Sienna. They look pretty darn close to me. The way the taillights wrap around the side, the shape of the rear, the rear wheel well, the wheels themselves, the shape of the headlights, and its stance.

Good luck!
MrsVanWhowho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #13
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Keep 'em coming. All great leads here. I appreciate it, everyone.

Unread 05-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #14
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsVanWhowho View Post
I second the Toyota Sienna. They look pretty darn close to me. The way the taillights wrap around the side, the shape of the rear, the rear wheel well, the wheels themselves, the shape of the headlights, and its stance.

Good luck!
I'll tell ya, I think you're spot on. I'll share this with him.

Unread 05-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #15
Krikkit
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Things to keep in mind

The tail lights are about the same height as the plates, not the case on the Sienna.

Toyota has been using the same couple of door unlock chirp on all their cars for a long time, unless they changed it recently that is not a Toyota chirp

The van in question appears to have chrome lined window joints. Is that an option on the Sienna?

Other than that I have no idea what it is.

Isn't stealing mail a federal crime? Hand this over to the FBI their annalist could figure it out in a couple seconds. Or if getting the FBI involved is too much try Reddit, they like playing internet vigilante.
Krikkit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.