Help me choose area rug - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Help me choose area rug

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #16
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

So Prot, we never have heard if you needed us to plan a get together to help the sellers vacate your house.

This being JF, we could burn their house down.

Unread 12-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #17
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlerace View Post
So Prot, we never have heard if you needed us to plan a get together to help the sellers vacate your house.

This being JF, we could burn their house down.
It is possible we may have to do it. I have insured the house for twice as much as money as what I paid for it.

I went by on 12/21 and the only thing that he has done as for as packing or moving was he took the paintings off the walls and put them in a stack in one of the bedrooms. The good thing is that he does have on of those PODS in the front yard now, so that is encouraging.
Unread 12-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #18
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
At the risk of having my man card revoked,I am going for mostly a taupe, beige, gray, ivory, light brown, maybe a hint of rose (that's a shade of pink for those of you in Rio Linda), .
Quote:
very soft and supple. I guess it's like a dark taupe. .
I'd say its gone.

On the actual question, I say wait until you get the furniture.
Unread 12-27-2009, 05:24 PM   #19
Ski01xj
2002 WJ 

More importantly, did you realize you have a bird in your end table?!
Ski01xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #20
coonash

1969 FSJ Wagoneer 

Lets go shoot fireworks off there New years eve. That'll might make them move out
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41
coonash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #21
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coonash View Post
Lets go shoot fireworks off there New years eve. That'll might make them move out
The last time I talked to him he told me he would be on by December 30. I have not test fitted my Jeep in the garage yet. I hope it is not too tall to fit in. If it is, I may have to air down to park in the garage

In an effort to salvage some sort of respect in this thread, I have two new 55" LED tv's sitting in my enclosed motorcycle trailer that I am just waiting to put in the new house.

Maybe I should go with a rug like this:
041-06870_400.jpg  
Unread 12-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #22
turtlerace

1979 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
We could always have a big campout in the yard over the New Years holiday weekend!
Unread 12-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #23
coonash

1969 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
We could always have a big campout in the yard over the New Years holiday weekend!
I still have firewood left over from Rita. We could have one hell of a bonfire.
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41
Unread 12-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #24
turtlerace

1979 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
I still have firewood left over from Rita. We could have one hell of a bonfire.
Jeeps, bonfire, drinking, me making unwanted advance at the woman (and you at the man), I bet they will leave their stuff for Prot and leave immediately!
Unread 12-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #25
coonash

1969 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Jeeps, bonfire, drinking, me making unwanted advance at the woman (and you at the man), I bet they will leave their stuff for Prot and leave immediately!
I'm a team player.....but not for that team
USN Jeep Club Number 41
Unread 12-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #26
Nanner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
And the last one.
X2!

This one is simple. Your furniture makes a bold statement as is

[COLOR="purple"][FONT="Arial Black"]Don't go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and LEAVE A TRAIL. Booyah[/FONT][/COLOR]
Nanner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 07:31 AM   #27
bigred33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

All those rugs you showed SCREAM paisley, 4pm dinner old lady. Why not bring some funk with your leather and red furniture since that's all plain/no pattern??

Last edited by bigred33; 12-28-2009 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: the funk
bigred33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 08:09 AM   #28
Jetscuh
O rly?

I think "the funk" is too modern of a look for the space. His furniture would not correspond with those rugs.

That being said I like the last one or rug #2 in the OP.
Jetscuh is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #29
bigred33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Umm, there are no patterns on the furniture he showed, any of the rugs above will go with them.

Contemporary furniture, don't old-lady it up with with a traditional rug...unless he's planning on putting a china cabinet in the room and plastic covers on that chair and sofa.

Hell even something 1 color would look fine.
bigred33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #30
Jetscuh
O rly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred33 View Post
Umm, there are no patterns on the furniture he showed, any of the rugs above will go with them.

Contemporary furniture, don't old-lady it up with with a traditional rug...unless he's planning on putting a china cabinet in the room and plastic covers on that chair and sofa.

Hell even something 1 color would look fine.
I didn't say that the furniture had a pattern, because clearly, it does not.

I am not trying to "old lady" it up. The style of the furniture and the woodworking on the tables are not modern. Modern would have cleaner lines and less ornate carvings.

I just feel that the furniture style and table style is more traditional and perhaps the other rugs you posted were too modern. That's my opinion.

Yes, a solid color would work fine too.

I am curious as to what the OP will go with. Everyone has different personal tastes.
Jetscuh is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.