Help me choose area rug - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Help me choose area rug

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-27-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Help me choose area rug

At the risk of having my man card revoked, I am going to ask for some help here in choosing an area rug for my living room. I bought another house December 3 and will be moving into it soon (previous owner has not vacated yet, but that's another story). I decided to not move any of my furniture etc. from my old place to my new one, as I see this as a chance to make a fresh start. So, I have been buying and ordering new furniture from various places and knew exactly what sort of look I was going for and my choices have been easy to make and I have enjoyed this process.

Right now, I am having trouble deciding on an area rug for the living room. The rug will go under a nice coffee table I bought yesterday. Sorry guys, I do not have pictures of any of my new furniture. I do have pictures of how the previous owner has things set up, so you can at least get an idea.

Here are some of the rugs I am looking at. If somebody has a better idea, I would like those suggestions as well.

The rug needs to be approximately 5' X 8'. It can vary somewhat in either direction, as there is no set boundary that it must fit in.

A for as colors, I am going for mostly a taupe, beige, gray, ivory, light brown, maybe a hint of rose (that's a shade of pink for those of you in Rio Linda), and would entertain the idea of brown or black accents if not overdone.

I am not sure about how much I should spend on this, as I do not want something so cheap that it looks cheap. On the other hand, I am not going to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a rug. I guess I am looking for a good combination of style/quality/value/price.

With all that said, here are a couple of pictures of the living room as the previous owner has it set up, along with pictures of the rugs I am thinking about.

Vote for one of these, recommend something else, and maybe comment about why you prefer one over the other. Comments about price are welcome as well.

img_0015.jpg   img_0016.jpg  
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Here are pictures of the rugs:
7322_c3000_s201.jpg   7322_c3001_s201.jpg   elise-oatmeal.jpg   l11307519.jpg   l12370176.jpg  

Unread 12-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

And the last one.
l12412353.jpg  
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
Jetscuh
O rly?

I really would have to see the furniture and what kind of style you're going for. Modern, traditional, etc.
Jetscuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #5
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Here is the sofa, loveseat, and recliner. They are all made by lazyboy. These are not the colors they will be. All three of these pieces will be covered in a top grain leather that is very soft and supple. The leather looks gray in some kinds of light, other times it looks brown or tan. It also has some little black spots/marks on it. I guess it's like a dark taupe. Officially, Lazyboy calls it graystone.
chair_442.vnt.jpeg   chair_974.vnt.jpeg   loveseat_442.vnt.jpeg  
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

This is the coffee table and end table. The coffee table will be on the area rug.
repertoire-fd_260-00-b.jpg  
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #7
coonash

1969 FSJ Wagoneer 

You really should wait until you have everything in there. The lighting will change how rugs will look.

For what it's worth when I remodeled my bathroom(complete gut) Every time I needed to buy something I brought all the samples to work for the female input.

Maybe it's just me but I think the coffee table needs to be a little more substantial to go with the furniture
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41
coonash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #8
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Here is one that is darker. This one may work since most of the black in the center will be covered up.
l10688603.jpg  
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #9
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coonash View Post
Maybe it's just me but I think the coffee table needs to be a little more substantial to go with the furniture
I see what you are saying, as that pictures makes the coffee table look rather flimsy. In person, it doesn't look that way. It's actually quite heavy and is meatier than what that picture shows.

I am a bit annoyed that the three pieces for the living room are going to take 12 weeks to come in.
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #10
Slenny
2007 JK Wrangler 

Slenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #11
Slenny
2007 JK Wrangler 

Here you go Prot

Home Decoration Forum - GardenWeb
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #12
coonash

1969 FSJ Wagoneer 

give me a shout, I might head that way if you need some help
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41
coonash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #13
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Go ahead and laugh Duayne. My JK tried to kill me again yesterday but stopped three feet shy of doing so. I guess that is better than last time it tried to kill me where it was only two feet shy. Gotta love it when you press the brakes and the computer decides to **** with you and not apply the brakes until you have a sufficient amount of feces in your drawers.
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #14
SlackJawedYokel
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Dude, your man card is so revoked.
But, try this: When we re-decorated our living room, my wife bought smaller, cheaper versions of the rugs we were considering and had me drag them to the furniture stores and lay them out flat under the furniture we were looking at to see what they looked like under the furniture. PITA, but it worked great, then returned the smaller rugs and got the size and style we wanted.
Oh, I've been married 15 years, my man card was revoked at least a decade ago; I see it once in a blue moon when I'm good.
Congrats on the new house.
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #15
Slenny
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
Go ahead and laugh Duayne. My JK tried to kill me again yesterday but stopped three feet shy of doing so. I guess that is better than last time it tried to kill me where it was only two feet shy. Gotta love it when you press the brakes and the computer decides to **** with you and not apply the brakes until you have a sufficient amount of feces in your drawers.
Your Jeep is trying to let you know that it is not hauling an area rug home

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.