HELP! Jeep high centered in mud 2 miles into forest! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > HELP! Jeep high centered in mud 2 miles into forest!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Currie RockJock Products!!

Unread 06-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #61
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Well then, mud sucks.
Amen!

1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #62
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbuchanan View Post
You got stuck in that???
Pshh, rookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFranko View Post
Yeah, the only reason I know is because my dream is to someday own one. And hopefully be able to grow a handlebar mustache. I have seen them go for over a million though depending on the year and hours. Flying ain't cheap I guess
Need to start some investing. Or find some real good hook ups

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #63
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

C'mon up and give 'er a go Bud.....

I'll give you a $1000 if you can make it there AND back without getting buried!
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #64
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore View Post

If you pay for my gas both ways you've got yourself a deal.
Unread 06-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #65
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

what DW said.

He just needed more skinny petal, and better tires.

Colbert 2016!
Unread 06-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #66
GunMetalBlue
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbuchanan
Here's the pics:
Did you pull it out yet?
image-1874841919.jpg  

[FONT="Arial Black"][B][I]shall not be infringed[/I][/B][/FONT]
GunMetalBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #67
jeepwhore

1984 CJ7 

Sure, you're both on! But if you don't make it you pay me for the gas + the $1000......each!

But believe me, that's not all it would take. Wider tires definitely would have helped as would more right foot but that loon **** is 6" under the grass everywhere you can see in that last picture. It looks like stable ground right beside his rig but it's the same goop hiding under that grass. Momentum gradually slows and you eventually break through and sink, all while trying to plow through the grass with your diff. If there was some substance to the muck it would help you with traction enough to keep going but it's like watery pudding.

I'll try and dig up some videos of a bunch of guys up here that run big block, nitrous powered rigs on 44" tires.....they don't fare much better some times.....but it sure is entertaining when it's not you breaking stuff and walking out of the bush!
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
Unread 06-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #68
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i have been following this thread, where is this at? i can't help as im stock, but if you need another body then i'm all for it to give you a hand in any way i can help.
Spladow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #69
pbuchanan
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey thanks for all the help guys. In the end I went and got a high jack, a chainsaw, a bunch of plywood and 2x6s, shovels, a crew of buddies and then got in touch with this guy from the Jeep club and he pulled me out in 5 minutes. Lesson of the day? I need bigger tires and more horsepower. Be more cautious... nah....

photo.jpg
pbuchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #70
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

glad to hear you got the Jeep out man !
Spladow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #71
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbuchanan View Post
Hey thanks for all the help guys. In the end I went and got a high jack, a chainsaw, a bunch of plywood and 2x6s, shovels, a crew of buddies and then got in touch with this guy from the Jeep club and he pulled me out in 5 minutes. Lesson of the day? I need bigger tires and more horsepower. Be more cautious... nah....

Good to hear it's out because my next suggestion would have involved explosives!!!!

Chris
I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #72
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Sure, you're both on! But if you don't make it you pay me for the gas + the $1000......each!

But believe me, that's not all it would take. Wider tires definitely would have helped as would more right foot but that loon **** is 6" under the grass everywhere you can see in that last picture. It looks like stable ground right beside his rig but it's the same goop hiding under that grass. Momentum gradually slows and you eventually break through and sink, all while trying to plow through the grass with your diff. If there was some substance to the muck it would help you with traction enough to keep going but it's like watery pudding.

I'll try and dig up some videos of a bunch of guys up here that run big block, nitrous powered rigs on 44" tires.....they don't fare much better some times.....but it sure is entertaining when it's not you breaking stuff and walking out of the bush!
I don't even want the 1,000. Just a free trip to Canada.
Unread 06-08-2012, 04:34 AM   #73
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore

I'll get some boggers and after my 8.8 gets put in and ny regear and come how that bog whos boss.
Or get one of my buddies with their big *** trucks to take it on.
And I'll let you keep your $1k, I'll take $200 and a case of beer.

Sent using the force

Colbert 2016!
Unread 06-08-2012, 04:53 AM   #74
FZY1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You have any after recovery pics?

Very glad you got it out.
FZY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #75
jeepwhore

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrown View Post
I don't even want the 1,000. Just a free trip to Canada.
I don't know about a free trip but I have a free place to stay when you get here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post
I'll get some boggers and after my 8.8 gets put in and ny regear and come how that bog whos boss.
Or get one of my buddies with their big *** trucks to take it on.
And I'll let you keep your $1k, I'll take $200 and a case of beer.

Sent using the force
Git 'er done! :.....but I get to pick the beer!

Tags
high lift , mud , mudding , stuck , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.