HELP! Jeep high centered in mud 2 miles into forest! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > HELP! Jeep high centered in mud 2 miles into forest!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-05-2012, 01:03 AM   #46
pbuchanan
2008 JK Wrangler 

Here's the pics:
image.jpg

image-1-.jpg

image-2-.jpg

pbuchanan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #47
jumbojeepman
1976 CJ7 

Looks really similar to the Croatan National Forest in eastern NC, which is a layer of soil a couple of feet thick on top of a bottomless peat bog. Break through the surface, and you've got real problems. Croatan mean shaking earth in the local Native American language.

Couple of suggestions, I was able to pull my truck that wasn't quite as buried as yours by wrapping a tow strap around several bushes, and then using a high lift jack as a winch. A group of bushes actually has a stronger root system than the trees, as I pulled a couple of those right out of the ground. The burying a log trick doesn't work in this terrain because the ground gets softer rather than harder when you dig down.

Only other thing to do is jack it up and keep throwing logs under it. Or find someone with a bigger truck and very wide tires than can make it there and pull you out. As you have discovered standard Mud terrains are doing you absolutely no good, you need Swampers, or if this is your normal terrain to go wheelin' go back to all terrains, you won't bury yourself as quick.
jumbojeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2012, 01:49 AM   #48
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post
whoops, only one zero, did mean to put 200k. lol
Yeah, the only reason I know is because my dream is to someday own one. And hopefully be able to grow a handlebar mustache. I have seen them go for over a million though depending on the year and hours. Flying ain't cheap I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar408 View Post
he could get it out for you:

Sorry to all you Jeep Forum old-timers but I just couldn't resist...........
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #49
rasbutan
2010 JK Wrangler 

So did you get it out?
rasbutan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #50
Wintermute
1967 FSJ Gladiator 

heck, I'd personally go back with a chainsaw and start cutting down those bushes that are all around you and laying them down like bog mats. Once I had a good mat behind and mostly under the jeep, I'd lay down some sections of 2x8 on top of the mat to give a hi-lift a base to jack off of. Then while the jeep was up I'd pile more matting under the tires. Keep going from there. I bet it's gonna take you a while though (especially if you have to mat the trail all the way back out).

--Wintermute
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #51
jchappy
2011 JK Wrangler 

Find a buddy that has some trailer ramps and shove them under your tires, drop your air pressure to 12lbs
Be sure your lockers are engaged and start shoving thing under the tires
MY NEW JEEP- 2011 JEEP JKUR, Body Armor front bumper, Warn XD9000I winch, Synthetic winch line,XRC Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier, OBA W/1Gal Tank, Terafex 2.5in spring lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks,GY 315/70R17 Duratracs, 4.88 G2 gears, Cobra 75 CB

MY OLD JEEP-1999 Wrangler Sport 4.0L, 4" Pro Comp Lift, 33" BFG's, 8K winch, SYE, Viking soft top, onboard CO2 and all the recovery straps and equipment
jchappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #52
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4kzv View Post
Mud can suck literally so why is it so addictive to play in!!!!!
For me, it's not anymore. After enough multi-miled midnight walks out of the bush I realized that if I didn't have the money to afford proper recovery gear I should find a different wheeling interest. I can afford the gear now but the excessive clean up and maintenance time from being submerged in muck has stripped the appeal.

I like trail riding and more diverse terrain. I get more satisfaction out of testing my Jeeps abilities to navigate obstacles rather than trying to get across a mud pit with the pedal down approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbuchanan View Post
Yep hindsight is 20/20 that's for sure!
Don't feel bad, you aren't the first and won't be the last it happens to, especially in ft. mac. If I lived up here I would own a quad before I owned a jeep.

Better pick up some OT shifts so you can have both!
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #53
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

At least you're not stuck in the ocean, had high tide come in and your vehicle end up being stuck 20 feet out in salt water. This picture is after we pulled it from the water.

Unread 06-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #54
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Lesson:

Open diffs are for the road.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #55
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Isn't that a Rubicon in the pic?
ChrisHager is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #56
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Lesson:

Open diffs are for the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Unread 06-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #57
Bigraab72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well, any news yet? Did you get it to budge?
Bigraab72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #58
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

If you're still marooned PM me your #. My cousin said he'll get it out of there for $200. If you're still stuck that sounds like a good deal to me!

He's on night shift tonight but then he's off for 5 days so he could do it this weekend.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #59
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I heard Vex was on his way, but he is in China, so it will take a little while.
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #60
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Damnit.

Well then, mud sucks.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
high lift , mud , mudding , stuck , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.