HELP! Jeep high centered in mud 2 miles into forest! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > HELP! Jeep high centered in mud 2 miles into forest!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #31
muddr1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

X2 on the winch and snatch block, maybe try 2 snatch blocks, Itll be slow going but should do the trick, might have to anchor the winch vehicle to a tree..

Thomas Edison Keep Calm,Chive On
muddr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #32
Foundrydude
1995 ZJ 

High lift jack and wood/something under the tires. Once it's perched, hook up a line and have another truck give a WOT tug to assist in your mud-drag style exit from the hole. They are messy to clean up afterward but pallets work fairly well.

It would be best to include plan B and C in your preparations, which may include a winch or even a large comealong and enough chain to reach a large tree. Previously mentioned high lift will double as a winch. A couple shovels would be a plus.

Maybe even pack for plan D, camping overnight.

good luck.
Foundrydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #33
Max-Q
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'd go buy a good 10,000 lb winch some straps, D rings and two snatch blocks and get to work.
Max-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #34
mopar408
1974 CJ5 

he could get it out for you:

Sorry to all you Jeep Forum old-timers but I just couldn't resist...........
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #35
roadhog304
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar408 View Post
he could get it out for you:

Sorry to all you Jeep Forum old-timers but I just couldn't resist...........

Not Vex. Come on man did you have to go there? seriously?
roadhog304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #36
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddr1 View Post
X2 on the winch and snatch block, maybe try 2 snatch blocks, Itll be slow going but should do the trick, might have to anchor the winch vehicle to a tree..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foundrydude View Post
High lift jack and wood/something under the tires. Once it's perched, hook up a line and have another truck give a WOT tug to assist in your mud-drag style exit from the hole. They are messy to clean up afterward but pallets work fairly well.

It would be best to include plan B and C in your preparations, which may include a winch or even a large comealong and enough chain to reach a large tree. Previously mentioned high lift will double as a winch. A couple shovels would be a plus.

Maybe even pack for plan D, camping overnight.

good luck.
Biggest problem there is this **** is so soft as soon as the tow rig starts feeling resistance it'll sink to the axles as well.

Muskeg is a no win situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Q View Post
I'd go buy a good 10,000 lb winch some straps, D rings and two snatch blocks and get to work.
Most times I've seen guys buried in 'skeg it's in something like this:

No trees close enough and even if there are, it's a rarity to find one big enough that will actually hold a truck back. Lots of black spruce and jack pine pecker poles. Those *******es are lucky that tower was there or that chevy would still be there. But again, stock vehicle + muskeg = FAIL!!!

I'm hoping the OP isn't as big a retard as the guys in the video.....no wonder we canadians get stereotyped. Not sure why he insists on holding a can of budlight in the shot.....
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #37
BassMasterCHS
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I assumed the beer was for celebration haha.
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #38
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore View Post
No trees close enough and even if there are, it's a rarity to find one big enough that will actually hold a truck back. Lots of black spruce and jack pine pecker poles.

I have seen people dig a big hole wrap some rope or cable around a big log toss it in the hole and bury it then using it as an anchor to winch from. Seemed to work real good as long as you get it down deep enough.

Chris
I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #39
BassMasterCHS
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Somewhere on here I've seen a guide from the military on how to recover stuck vehicles...
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #40
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4kzv View Post
I have seen people dig a big hole wrap some rope or cable around a big log toss it in the hole and bury it then using it as an anchor to winch from. Seemed to work real good as long as you get it down deep enough.

Chris
In this **** you would need to dig down anywhere from 4' and beyond.

Think of a 12" mat of swamp grass floating on a bottomless lake of muddy slimey, watery, jello. Once you break through it's pure loon **** underneath. Pieces of equipment (excavator, dozer etc.) have sunk clear out of sight before hitting bottom. There's just no substance to it so even doing like you suggest there is no "meat" to hold the log back.

When there is nothing to hook to it typically takes a few rigs chained together on a spot that hasn't been driven on yet. And without a alot of horsepower, a lift and some big tires progress usually comes 5 feet at a time.

'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #41
Red93yj
2011 JK Wrangler 

pics please any ways jack it up and throw some logs under it. you may be able to jack it up just enough to get it un high centered but where the tires are still on the ground and have another rig give you a tug. with high lift jacks so they just fall.
Red93yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #42
BassMasterCHS
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Swamp grass... On top of a watery pit...
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #43
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
In this **** you would need to dig down anywhere from 4' and beyond.

Think of a 12" mat of swamp grass floating on a bottomless lake of muddy slimey, watery, jello. Once you break through it's pure loon **** underneath. Pieces of equipment (excavator, dozer etc.) have sunk clear out of sight before hitting bottom. There's just no substance to it so even doing like you suggest there is no "meat" to hold the log back.

When there is nothing to hook to it typically takes a few rigs chained together on a spot that hasn't been driven on yet. And without a alot of horsepower, a lift and some big tires progress usually comes 5 feet at a time.

Been there done that burned the ___ t-shirt!!!!

I once lived next to a swamp in SC. We had just gotten the lot and after a big rainfall we went out to plan how to put everything on the property. I had a 2wd Ramcharger and found out how bad this place was going to be to get in and out of till a driveway could be put in.

The Ram got stuck fast being 2wd and me trying to drive slow but the worse was yet to come. We watched as the truck sit there not running sink until you could not open the doors!!!!

Neighbor came over with his big tractor and it sunk as he was trying to get around me to hook up to the front.

Then we called a guy with a 4wd dully rollback. He backed up on the pavement then turned it lose. That thing danced over the mud like one of those mudpit drag buggies till he hit a little higher ground.

He hooked up his wench to my Ram and started winching but it just pulled his wrecker back. Then he tilled the deck back and into the ground. It still pulled his wrecker back around 8ft the rollback deck acting like a bulldozer. Then finely the dodge was getting pulled to the higher ground.( I still think it was stretched 3") Only one problem we then needed to get back to the road.

We could not risk turning around. So the wrecker driver told me to stand on it in reverse try to miss the big hole and the stuck tractor. I did and it was scary but I had enough speed to carry it through.

Then it was his turn and I have never seen so much mud flying high into the sky as I did that day. His wrecker slipped over into the hole we just pulled my truck out of. He never stopped completely just slowed him way down.

The neighbor's tractor could not be pulled out and had to sit there for a week till things dried out then it took 2 days to dig it free!!!

Mud can suck literally so why is it so addictive to play in!!!!!
I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #44
dandug001
2006 TJ Wrangler 

There was a "Dirty Jobs" episode where they got a hummer stuck and ran ropes back and forth using pulleys and were able to pull it out with just a bunch of army guys.
dandug001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #45
pbuchanan
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Not taking a bone stock rubicon into the muskeg with no other rigs with winches would have done the trick too!
Yep hindsight is 20/20 that's for sure!
pbuchanan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
high lift , mud , mudding , stuck , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.