A heads-up for RV owners - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > A heads-up for RV owners

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
MY03RUBI

A heads-up for RV owners

FWIW:

A few months back I purchased a lighted rear vent from a vendor on eBay. When I did the feedback thing I gave him poor marks for not answering multiple emails. Fast forward to earlier this week when I tried to order a front vent only to find out that the same vendor restricted me from doing business with them. I called the vendor and was told the restriction was placed by eBay (later shown to be a lie) so I called them. They told me that, according to their records, eBay hadn't placed any restrictions on me and that the vendor had done it so I needed to talk to them. I again talked to the vendor about removing the restriction and was refused due to the negative feedback. This brings up two points: 1) the vendor lied to me about who placed the restriction and 2) if a vendor can retaliate for negative feedback, just how valid are the vendor ratings. The business is Class A Customs dba (doing business as) oem_rvparts on eBay.

MY03RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Why in the world would you buy something else from a seller on eBay after you already gave them negative feedback?

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
jumbojeepman
1976 CJ7 

I'm with the replier here. Why would you choose to do business with a company you already have had a problem with? I also wouldn't call the 'retaliation', just sound business. Why deal with a customer who you know is going to cause you problems? Retaliation is if they give you bad feedback just because you give them negative feedback (which incidentally a seller can no longer even do, their only recourse is to do what they did - refuse further business with you.)
jumbojeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
cory4um
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodore_dude View Post
Why in the world would you buy something else from a seller on eBay after you already gave them negative feedback?
My first thought also...
cory4um is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sellers live and die by their feedback on site like EBay. I wouldn't do business with someone who gave me neg feedback. The small profit on one item is not worth the potential of yet another neg feedback.
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:51 AM   #6
chowner
2014 WK 

Great business sense. Screw your coustomer over and if they have an issue with that just ignore them, refuse them and then hope for new customers.
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
jumbojeepman
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowner View Post
Great business sense. Screw your coustomer over and if they have an issue with that just ignore them, refuse them and then hope for new customers.
Doesn't sound like he was 'screwed over' the first transaction, just didn't answer multiple e-mails.
jumbojeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
MY03RUBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbojeepman View Post
Doesn't sound like he was 'screwed over' the first transaction, just didn't answer multiple e-mails.

You seem to be the only reply that got it right. Two points: 1) Why ask for feedback so you can improve your business if you don't take it to heart and use it instead of refusing to do business with the person who didn't say what you wanted to hear. Besides it makes the rating system eBay uses appear bogus. 2) At the time I didn't realize it was the same vendor I'd ordered from 9 months earlier. I had no problem with the product, just the piss-poor customer service.
Unread 10-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #9
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

You know, replacing a roof vent is a straight forward project. You stated the product was fine. Where is the poor customer service? Too long to ship? I fail to see the issue.

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
MY03RUBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobile_Homie View Post
You know, replacing a roof vent is a straight forward project. You stated the product was fine. Where is the poor customer service? Too long to ship? I fail to see the issue.

How does the failure to answer 2 emails sent thru eBays own "question the vendor" system not qualify as poor customer service?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.